ADVERTISEMENT

Doubts About Duval

I feel him putting on the SHU logo and retweeting this stuff is a @#$% move. It makes him and his "handlers" look bad, silly. He needs to get over the drama of the limelight, make a decision, and move on. If that's him "having fun" someone needs to educate the young man.

Don't want to come to Seton Hall, can't come, or whatever the excuse, that's fine. We're all big boys. But to do stuff like that is bush league. I really hope we play him and Duke some time.

I love how seriously you guys take this stuff. Do you really think he's rubbing it in?

You guys were crying about Wheeler coming here a couple weeks ago (which never happened), now you're crying about someone not coming here and still pushing our product?

His tweets go out to 29,000 Twitter followers (many who are probably future top100 players who) - him showing his support for Seton Hall is more relevant to a HS recruit than any other advertisement Seton Hall could drum up... and its FREE. Even if he goes to Duke, maybe these tweets influence others to consider Seton Hall.

He's got close friends on the team, likes the school, and maybe just likes the shirt. Let him have his fun and I hope he continues to promote Seton Hall as a viable Basketball program. He has been a terrific advocate for us throughout every one of his All Star games and beyond.

He can do whatever he wants. Clearly. Nobody's stopping him. All of us don't have to agree with him. Part of life. I think it's silly and in poor taste.

Much like Kyle Anderson and others in the past, this will not have staying power. I think our best recruiting advertisements are our players and our team winning, hopefully making a third consecutive NCAA Tournament and advancing; not a recruit who didn't come here who likes to get a rise out of everyone.

He can do whatever he wants. Clearly. Nobody's stopping him. All of us don't have to agree with him. Part of life. I think it's silly and in poor taste.

Much like Kyle Anderson and others in the past, this will not have staying power. I think our best recruiting advertisements are our players and our team winning, hopefully making a third consecutive NCAA Tournament and advancing; not a recruit who didn't come here who likes to get a rise out of everyone.
This view is just silly in my book. Following your logic, he should not wear any t-shirts of any school because he would be rubbing it in in the case he doesn't go there. And if an nba player tweets about him, he should not retweet it because he went to college at a school he may not be attending?!

Get over it, jeez. He's 18 and having fun. It's not always about you.

I've been this way all along, Dan, based on numerous things I heard about his recruitment from those connected to the AAU scene/NYC hoops. I knew this would drag out, and while I think we were certainly in the running, my confidence was extremely low. The only thing I'm surprised about is that his list hasn't changed as much the past few months, as I thought we'd get to a point where a new school was added or removed from the mix on a weekly basis.

Wherever he lands, he is going to be a helluva one-year college player.

He's just playing with everyone now. I followed him closely until the April Fool's tweet imm followed by the I am, I am not on Duke's campus fiasco.

At that point I let it go.

This view is just silly in my book. Following your logic, he should not wear any t-shirts of any school because he would be rubbing it in in the case he doesn't go there. And if an nba player tweets about him, he should not retweet it because he went to college at a school he may not be attending?!

Get over it, jeez. He's 18 and having fun. It's not always about you.

Whitehead tweeted that months ago when Seton Hall was still in the running. Re-tweeting it makes IW look bad.

It's not about me at all. I didn't Tweet anything, nor do I follow him, nor did I bring it to attention here. I read it here and gave my opinion on this thread because without people giving opinions on threads, this site doesn't exist, lol.

You know what he's doing. I know what he's doing. Everyone knows what he's doing. He's messing with people, getting a rise out of it. Has been doing it for a few months now. Good for him. It worked.

The train will be stopping soon and he will no longer have the captive audience.

I feel him putting on the SHU logo and retweeting this stuff is a @#$% move. It makes him and his "handlers" look bad, silly. He needs to get over the drama of the limelight, make a decision, and move on. If that's him "having fun" someone needs to educate the young man.

Don't want to come to Seton Hall, can't come, or whatever the excuse, that's fine. We're all big boys. But to do stuff like that is bush league. I really hope we play him and Duke some time.
Piratz,

I agree 100%

Whether TD lands at The Hall or not, I would really enjoy seeing Duke get spurned yet again by their top target (i.e. Knox). Agree with most here that his recent tweets are more likely an attempt to create hype around his announcement of Duke. We'll see

I love how seriously you guys take this stuff. Do you really think he's rubbing it in?

You guys were crying about Wheeler coming here a couple weeks ago (which never happened), now you're crying about someone not coming here and still pushing our product?

His tweets go out to 29,000 Twitter followers (many who are probably future top100 players who) - him showing his support for Seton Hall is more relevant to a HS recruit than any other advertisement Seton Hall could drum up... and its FREE. Even if he goes to Duke, maybe these tweets influence others to consider Seton Hall.

He's got close friends on the team, likes the school, and maybe just likes the shirt. Let him have his fun and I hope he continues to promote Seton Hall as a viable Basketball program. He has been a terrific advocate for us throughout every one of his All Star games and beyond.

This.

Why is any Seton Hall following what Duval does on Social Media. He is going to Duke. It's the worst kept secret in college basketball........ Your only setting yourself up for heartache that isn't needed.

P.S. Seton Hall will be very good next year, maybe better then Duke

Jeff Goodman is saying most of the NBA guys he's spoken to is telling Frank Jackson to return to school.
— DUKE BLUE (@dukenation_5) May 9, 2017

...the longer this announcement drags on with Duval, the better shot we have - in my opinion... Take your time, let Frank return to Duke and then reevaluate your options...

Now you can add Arizona to the list. Duvall retweeted a post with him in an Arizona uniform. We can expect Baylor and Kansas soon to follow.

Obviously I think we all think he's going to Duke. But if it were THAT set in stone, you have to think he would've committed already. There's something that's keeping him from going committing to Duke, and I really don't think it's the attention that he's getting.

Must all be part of the video for his unveiling and he's wearing the uniforms of all the teams he is not choosing. You also have to wonder if there is some administrative stuff in progress to ensure he can qualify before he makes his announcement. Maybe Duke doing some due diligence? Just a guess.

Reactions: Piratz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT