ADVERTISEMENT

Dre Davis desire

Nbnylon

Senior
Apr 30, 2019
I recall 1 event vividly from the game yesterday. It was later in the second half, we were down big and went to a zone. The guys had already packed it in but not Davis. He emphatically barked and waived at Dawes to get in position and kept fighting.

Maybe it’s that he his a winner, maybe it’s that he wants the tournament, maybe it’s that he has a family to support and has to find a way to make a team oversees after college or maybe it’s a combination of all those.

All I can say is maybe the rest of the team, and I mean every single one of them, can learn a lesson of want, urgency and desire from this extraordinary young man.

I recall 1 event vividly from the game yesterday. It was later in the second half, we were down big and went to a zone. The guys had already packed it in but not Davis. He emphatically barked and waived at Dawes to get in position and kept fighting.

Maybe it’s that he his a winner, maybe it’s that he wants the tournament, maybe it’s that he has a family to support and has to find a way to make a team oversees after college or maybe it’s a combination of all those.

All I can say is maybe the rest of the team, and I mean every single one of them, can learn a lesson of want, urgency and desire from this extraordinary young man.
As Jerry C has been posting for over a week. There's a vibe that Davis might be awarded the most improved player in the conference. Could not happen to a better young man.

He also is the no doubt about it best interview in the post games.

As Jerry C has been posting for over a week. There's a vibe that Davis might be awarded the most improved player in the conference. Could not happen to a better young man.

He also is the no doubt about it best interview in the post games.
Maybe a future in broadcasting when he’s all said and done with playing ? All I know is that some organization, whether basketball or otherwise, will see the character of this young man and be lucky to have him.

Davis has had a terrific season and is fun to warch bc he plays hard and is skilled. He’s really stepped up and developed as a player at Seton Hall under Holloway. Even last year he was our best offensive player before the injuries.

He’s a winning player. I hope the NIL is in place to hopefully lure him back for a grad season. He’d be a great leader and tone setter for the likes of Coleman, Felton, and Erheriene.

Davis has had a terrific season and is fun to warch bc he plays hard and is skilled. He’s really stepped up and developed as a player at Seton Hall under Holloway. Even last year he was our best offensive player before the injuries.

He’s a winning player. I hope the NIL is in place to hopefully lure him back for a grad season. He’d be a great leader and tone setter for the likes of Coleman, Felton, and Erheriene.
He’s not the most gifted player but extremely smart to figure out how to get the most out of what he has. Ala getting in the paint against the bigs and having that sweet soft little fade away that always finds a way to trickle in.

He’s fundamentally sound in all that he does. Clearly a coach’s son. He gets a lot out of his talent. Our most consistent player all year and you can see how much he wants to win as he’s played through a myriad of injuries this year. Tough as nails! Hope he can inspire a few of our players.

I’m hoping that the breaking news once we meet the latest NIL challenge is that Dre is coming back for another year. He’s the type of player that instills winning into an organization with his attitude and grit. If for nothing else, his teammates need to give it their all on Wednesday for him. One player who absolutely wants it, no matter how bad they’re losing vs a bunch of quitters when the going gets tough.

Reactions: Section112
I’m hoping that the breaking news once we meet the latest NIL challenge is that Dre is coming back for another year. He’s the type of player that instills winning into an organization with his attitude and grit. If for nothing else, his teammates need to give it their all on Wednesday for him. One player who absolutely wants it, no matter how bad they’re losing vs a bunch of quitters when the going gets tough.
Dre is my favorite Pirate this year for all the reasons mentioned. Tough, smart, makes the most of his ability and never takes a play off.

I just get the feeling it's more of a family thing than NIL as to where he plays next year. Seems like going home is a motivation with his wife and child and support from parents. And Tae is at ND. If he does go back, I hope it's ND because I dread that he ends up at Butler.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT