ADVERTISEMENT

Duval to Duke...

"He went to Duke for a variety of reasons and we absolutely made the right decision. If he had gone anywhere else we wouldn't have to struggle with this decision. Frank would have been a one and done player no doubt."

Also goes on to say the door is open to a return and he may very well return to Duke.

https://shar.es/1FWOX4

Last edited:
Reactions: mjs429 and shupat08
When did the Duke staff leak it to reporters? Duval took a picture of Durham and it posted it on social media
The reason Duke reporters are so confident he was at Duke despite public denial by Trevon Duval is because the Duke staff told them he was there... Trust me on this one its straight from one of those reporters mouths. Visit was leaked by Duke staff to gain momentum going into their in-home visit that night with Kevin Knox

Seriously. Tyus Jones had no problem turning at year as a Duke PG into a first round selection, and won a National Championship to boot. That team had two other kids who were one and dones and played their way into the lottery. You ask NBA players what college coach they think is the best, and I bet a fair amount would say Coach K.

Ever consider Maybe it was the kids fault or the dad is one of those dads coaches dread? Wait, is this The Trove I'm responding on?

I don't know what I'm more tired of hearing or reading about (a) Duval/Duke or (b) What country or target Kim Jong-un is going to nuke next .

(a) wins hands down. Just let me know when Duval signs his LOI and with what school and then we can discuss it with some semblance of balance and reason .

Reactions: TheBluePirate
I don't know what I'm more tired of hearing or reading about (a) Duval/Duke or (b) What country or target Kim Jong-un is going to nuke next .

(a) wins hands down. Just let me know when Duval signs his LOI and with what school and then we can discuss it with some semblance of balance and reason .

My pal 80 throws down.

Can Duval possibly be a non-qualifier wherever he goes? Does that mean he can't play for the first semester or full season? I don't really know how the qualifier rules work.

Apparently you can take courses at "Puke Junior College of Basketweaving" and get full credit at the University and be eligible at the same time to play, even if you can't even qualify for University of Phoenix or the school that asks you to draw the picture on the matchbook cover as your entrance exam.

Reactions: TheBluePirate
When is this guy going to make a decision? Is SHU waiting for this until we sign another PG?

Just posting what I see as I have no idea who this dude is(looks like a draft express guy) but this was on duke message board. Exactly what we had thought if true.

I haven't seen anything else regarding this. But you're right. We have been expecting the commitment to Duke. I just have a weird feeling this isn't over yet though.

Anxiously waiting to see another twitter post of him, Powell, and RichHomie hamming it up... Per someone else's post - it looks like hes back in FL for Prom. I guess that is better than him being in Durham...

Really hoping Frank Jackson quickly decides to pull out of draft and states hes returning to Duke.. I saw him listed at #30 in one NBA mock this morning... hoping that's not good enough for him.

FWIW_ Angel was not listed in the Mock at all.

Anxiously waiting to see another twitter post of him, Powell, and RichHomie hamming it up... Per someone else's post - it looks like hes back in FL for Prom. I guess that is better than him being in Durham...

Really hoping Frank Jackson quickly decides to pull out of draft and states hes returning to Duke.. I saw him listed at #30 in one NBA mock this morning... hoping that's not good enough for him.
Anyone think Frank Jackson is looking to leave since he knows Duval is coming, and his playing time is in jeopardy?

Anyone think Frank Jackson is looking to leave since he knows Duval is coming, and his playing time is in jeopardy?
That would be logical. Which would drive his stock down. If he's projected to go around 30 as the previous post mentioned, I'm guessing he will hire an agent.

Apparently you can take courses at "Puke Junior College of Basketweaving" and get full credit at the University and be eligible at the same time to play, even if you can't even qualify for University of Phoenix or the school that asks you to draw the picture on the matchbook cover as your entrance exam.
I've heard about this too but don't know the details. Can someone with knowledge explain?

Apparently Duke houses a lot of their athletes in some community college or some oddly affiliated school and somehow the students of this other school are eligible to play football/bball at duke.

EDIT: I found out about the policy. Duke students are allowed to take a select number of courses NCCU https://registrar.duke.edu/special-registrations/interinstitutional-registration

Last edited:
The one I saw was on bleacher report - so I guess we can take it with a grain of salt.

I just looked around and he (Frank) is nowhere to be found in the first round on other sites...

Just curious, what mock were you looking at? I have not seen Frank Jackson on any mocks thus far. Having watched him play 7-8 times this past season, I would not be surprised if he went undrafted if he does in fact stay in.

edit: I see you just beat my to posting that you saw it on Bleacher Report...and as you said, I call BS...LOL

Reactions: Haas01562
This is far from the first time that I have heard that Duke "student athletes" take courses off campus and get credit. It has mostly been in the years since K started taking one and dones. Think that Grayson Allen is a true "scholar athlete" rather than a bitchy thug.

I've heard about this too but don't know the details. Can someone with knowledge explain?

Apparently Duke houses a lot of their athletes in some community college or some oddly affiliated school and somehow the students of this other school are eligible to play football/bball at duke.

EDIT: I found out about the policy. Duke students are allowed to take a select number of courses NCCU https://registrar.duke.edu/special-registrations/interinstitutional-registration

If this is really happening, I WOULD LOVE to see someone have the guts to investigate this. I would say ESPN would look into this but pigs would fly first. Maybe it's time for Fox Sports to get a little investigative journalism to occur!

Reactions: Seton00
To be clear, per the Duke registrar webpage the "interinstitutional registration" program is available to students at:

Duke
North Carolina central university
NC State
UNC
UNC - Charlotte
UNC- Greensboro

However, this "program" greatly benefits below average students at an elite academic school like Duke becuse, unlike the state schools on the list, Duke's curriculum doesn't offer "Fun with Animal Crackers 101"

Last edited:
I'm not portraying myself as an insider with knowledge as to Duval's recruitment. But as a huge SH fan,crazy college basketball and avid reader of the board it sounds like some of you really think we have a shot at Duval. Some of you will say he hasn't signed his LOI so we are still in play but many in this board are not realists as to how the recruiting game is played. You think Frank Jackson just decided to test the waters of the NBA draft out of nowhere. Just take an educated guess and know he was probably told by Coach K that Duval was commiting and that Duval would be the featured PG next year. Trevon has played at 4 different HS's in 4 years. Part of Coach K's pitch was we can get you eligible. When was the last time a Duke recruit had to sit out because of academics? Can other schools make the promise? We had a really good shot. I'm sure he and his father and family weighed out the pros and cons of Duke vs SH. We know them and they've been discussed over and over again. Unless we can pull some rabbit out of a hat (which we aren't that type of program) that ship has sailed. I credit the staff for going after Trevon and probably doing a wonderful job and staying in the hunt but I think they have had a backup plan. I'm hoping for for a Thorpe/Walker PG plan for this year but I get the sense Jordan is playing hard ball with demands that we are not meeting like in the past (I.E. Jaren Sina).

Reactions: Pirate64
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT