ADVERTISEMENT

Duval to Duke...

He was not athletic enough. No big loss. ;) Seriously, he will miss out on something special if Angel returns. Stinks we did not land him but did not expect to beat out duke and the big boys anyway. Duke had many stars over the years so he will not stand out like he would have at hall. Oh well. Time to find our new point guard elsewhere.

Last edited:
Duval just followed a bunch of Duke players on Twitter, including that choad Graysen Allen, so I think the inevitable is a done deal. I'm guessing the announcement to Duke is forthcoming.

All good. Happy with our commit today and hopeful we will get a starting caliber PG.

Sincerely,

- "Jock Sniffa"

Wish him, but not Duke well. (queue the 2018 Duke title)
But maybe he secretly hates Duke and is trolling them, setting them up for the ultimate switcheroo. Yeah...

Reactions: SHUSource
But maybe he secretly hates Duke and is trolling them, setting them up for the ultimate switcheroo. Yeah...

The Box slays it!

Hey we all know it ain't over til it's over. But it sure does look like we have the fork in our chests, er, technically not just yet LOL.

We know that we always get the short end. But our staff has been clawing up that mountain and has been getting somewhere.

So it would good to just get it over with so we can move on. Like always.

I did hear from a source that Allen tripped him during a scrimmage during this reported visit so that's a possibility. ;)

As someone posted on one of the boards, best to end this saga so we can move on an eliminate any concerns potential PG recruits might have about playing time.

Not sure if I wanted Duval more to be a Pirate, or just to imagine K's face melting off Raiders of the Lost Ark style if he actually chose us. (Catholicman, look away)

Situations like these I get going to Duke is the easy one, but I always look back to guys like Eddie Grif RIP and Andre B they didnt have to come here, and no coaches were hired either, they took the road less traveled and came

Reactions: shupat08
Sandro is a nice incoming get for a freshman. He ain't pushing the needle on a kid like Duvall.

So you're saying that you have inside information from a legit source with connections who says that we now have a chance with landing Duval again?

Or are you just speculating since we just landed Sandro and he makes our team more enticing (which he does)?

Or are you saying you have a source telling you that we are landing a DIFFERENT PG soon?

Reactions: shupat08
Its insane people literally make up things on this board he didn't follow a bunch of duke players on any social media application.

Its insane people literally make up things on this board he didn't follow a bunch of duke players on any social media application.
Twitter he did start following tyrus jones. Not that it means anything necessarily but he did. This is actually one thing on the board that is pretty accurate it seems haha

Situations like these I get going to Duke is the easy one, but I always look back to guys like Eddie Grif RIP and Andre B they didnt have to come here, and no coaches were hired either, they took the road less traveled and came

Tough to compare the situations. Amaker was supposed to be the next Coach K at the time. Had Amaker wanted to be here and developed as an X's and O's guy, he would have wiped the floor with Calhoun, Boeheim, Pitino, etc on the recruiting trails for years. Not only did Amaker play the recruiting game, he played it better than the Hall of Famers. I'm not sure why it didn't work at Michigan, but he could have gotten just anybody at any time he wanted here.

He followed 3 Duke players last night. Why would I make that up? It's possible he's since unfollowed them, but he did. This dude either likes messing with people, or doesn't know how social media works.

Also, I need to get a life.

Time to move on. I suggest not wasting your time monitoring Tre's social media activity or any activity for that matter. Your time is better spent taking a look at our realistic PG options for 2017. Check the trove if you're still unsure.

Time to move on. I suggest not wasting your time monitoring Tre's social media activity or any activity for that matter. Your time is better spent taking a look at our realistic PG options for 2017. Check the trove if you're still unsure.
I sadly spend as much time on Twitter as I do this site. I realize he's going to Duke. I was sitting on the couch last night and decided to check his timeline out of boredom more than anything and saw it and found it amusing actually, because for someone who is trying to keep their choice a secret, this is the 2nd social media flub in the last few days.

I'm on the Trove, I know the deal.

Reactions: shufranchise
This thread is scary. The day I hang on the decision of some kid...

Hey, Duke has a class/team like this every year. You'd just give them the title every year if the games were played on paper. Hope Duval plays well and has a great draft (will pull for the kid as he gave us a chance). Hope Duke flames out early in the 1st weekend (that's every year's wish beyond SHU success).

Reactions: TheBluePirate
Not a troll in the least bit. However this statement "Duval just followed a bunch of Duke players on Twitter, including that choad Graysen Allen." Is no where near being true.

This thread is scary. The day I hang on the decision of some kid...

Hey, Duke has a class/team like this every year. You'd just give them the title every year if the games were played on paper. Hope Duval plays well and has a great draft (will pull for the kid as he gave us a chance). Hope Duke flames out early in the 1st weekend (that's every year's wish beyond SHU success).

It's very simple to me.. This is a business for the players and I look at it as a business to me.. If he chooses us great and I will root for him until I can't cheer anymore.. If he does not I will not wish him well I will not hope he has a great career I honestly couldn't care less..

I hope our staff is able to find an adequate replacement at point guard.. Now I'm not saying I will hope he gets hurt or has a horrible career wherever he chooses, I just simply do not care if he is not on our team.. Why would I wish him well on a team that we could potentially face in the tournament if all of the stars align?

I'm more confused about how you don't want to play with your best friend if the school he is at is in your final choices? If I couldn't play with my best friend on the same team, I'd sure as heck want to play against him. Times have changed on me.

Reactions: rodrdj
All I know is that nobody absolutely knows anything until a kid signs an NLI. I am not saying that gives us hope, but how many transfers and how many verbal opt outs are there? Duval hasn't even made a public statement yet. I believe the sources that it is probably done, but nothing is really done until there is a signature on the paper. As we at Seton Hall probably know better than anyone (e.g. KA) it's never done until it is.

Reactions: Abbo71
I'm more confused about how you don't want to play with your best friend if the school he is at is in your final choices? If I couldn't play with my best friend on the same team, I'd sure as heck want to play against him. Times have changed on me.

Hitman what you always have to factor in the player's decision is the role his parents play in that decision .

Not a troll in the least bit. However this statement "Duval just followed a bunch of Duke players on Twitter, including that choad Graysen Allen." Is no where near being true.
LOL. Unless you are Trevon himself you have no way of knowing that. I saw it with my own eyes. If he's no longer following them, then he subsequently un-followed them. I was only posting it to try to put some closure to this and because I thought it was kind of funny for him to show his hand, again, probably inadvertently. His most recent follow is a Duke player as mentioned above. The other two are no longer listed last I checked, meaning he unfollowed them at some point.

BTW, for those who think tracking recruits and recruiting related tweets is pathetic, I personally do it because I enjoy the recruiting process. Last I checked recruiting is somewhat important to our future success, and Twitter is often the quickest way to get info. I don't throw a temper tantrum or lose sleep when we miss out on them. As an SHU fan, if I did I'd either be committed, an insomniac, or both.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. Unless you are Trevon himself you have no way of knowing that. I saw it with my own eyes. If he's no longer following them, then he subsequently un-followed them. I was only posting it to try to put some closure to this and because I thought it was kind of funny for him to show his hand, again, probably inadvertently. His most recent follow is a Duke player as mentioned above. The other two are no longer listed last I checked, meaning he unfollowed them at some point.

BTW, for those who think tracking recruits and recruiting related tweets is pathetic, I personally do it because I enjoy the recruiting process. Last I checked recruiting is somewhat important to our future success, and Twitter is often the quickest way to get info. I don't throw a temper tantrum or lose sleep when we miss out on them. As an SHU fan, if I did I'd either I'd be committed, or an insomniac, or both.
I saw it also, only because kansas fans had tweeted it out. as well as other outlets. Not saying its credible but looked when I was bored. You are right he followed them(and appears to still be )Again does not mean anything, but here is tweet .

Someone tell Duval to talk to Derryck Thornton and Derryck's Dad.

I saw it also, only because kansas fans had tweeted it out. as well as other outlets. Not saying its credible but looked when I was bored. You are right he followed them(and appears to still be )Again does not mean anything, but here is tweet .
Ah, thanks. Maybe I misread it thinking he followed them on Twitter. Maybe I need the social media lesson :). Sends the same message as my original point though.

Ah, thanks. Maybe I misread it thinking he followed them on Twitter. Maybe I need the social media lesson :). Sends the same message as my original point though.
If he's made up his mind, why wouldn't he just say it and announce? Is he waiting for someone to schedule a parade as his deciding decision?

Let's just get a good point guard now!

Maybe Faber College is making a last minute bid for his services, so he's going to pull the double secret announcement.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHUSource
Some of the scenes resembled those at SH when I was there and a member of the Delta SIgs (Delta House).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT