ADVERTISEMENT

Florida yeah

At some point this has to eventually become like the flu. We don't shut everything down because one kid in a class has the flu. I don't know if now is the time or not, but I would hope the leaders are basing things on some information they have and not trying to make a statement for political purposes.

Reactions: SHUMA04 and shu09
You dont know if they are healthy

Conversely, you don't know who is sick unless you are testing everyone.

You are contagious before symptoms start, so unless you are testing 100%, quarantines are pointless.

For example - two siblings get infected. One gets tested and is confirmed positive. Their close contacts are told they need to quarantine. The other sibling does not get tested, their close contacts don't need to quarantine.

Just not going to work and really doesn't make much sense. Just a rule for the sake of having a rule.

Reactions: SHUSA
im all for a state stepping up to be gineau pigs but i wish it was someone other than florida since people will refuse to believe positive results no matter what.

It's time to start treating this like the flu. No quarantines, no mass testing, no contact tracing. If you're sick, stay home until you get better.

"Stopping the spread" is an endless war. It just can't happen with a virus this contagious. Stopping the spread was important when we didn't have treatments/vaccines. Now, anyone who wants to be protected can be. Stopping the spread doesn't really matter.

It's time to start treating this like the flu. No quarantines, no mass testing, no contact tracing. If you're sick, stay home until you get better.

"Stopping the spread" is an endless war. It just can't happen with a virus this contagious. Stopping the spread was important when we didn't have treatments/vaccines. Now, anyone who wants to be protected can be. Stopping the spread doesn't really matter.
im dreading the attempt this winter to try and scare the pandemic back into existence. government doesnt want to give up the control. media doesnt want to have to think of new content (they already lost trump), and pharma companies need to keep dumping vaccines they dropped everything for.

i really do think that general america has been way over this virus for a long time now

Reactions: SHallguy2 and shu09

At this point, I agree.

Reactions: SHUMA04 and shu09
What happened on the set of The View today is exactly the kind of thing that creates unnecessary panic and undermines faith in the vaccine, although I'm sure the Secret Service ratcheted that up. Why are they testing vaccinated people anyway?

What happened on the set of The View today is exactly the kind of thing that creates unnecessary panic and undermines faith in the vaccine, although I'm sure the Secret Service ratcheted that up. Why are they testing vaccinated people anyway?
What kind of contact did these women have with the unvaccinated. Obviously that’s how they got it. It’s not like the unvaccinated could be next to them in a restaurant, at a game, at a museum, etc in NYC.

Why did the other 2 get to stay? I thought they would have to quarantine for being in close proximity to people who tested positive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT