ADVERTISEMENT

From the Trove: Jerry Carino Part 3

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
One final tidbit from our three part interview

Have you heard much on the Hall’s recruitment of Adama Sanogo out of the Patrick School?

Going back several weeks, I heard Seton Hall had a very good chance to get him. Chris (Chavannes) always pushes Seton Hall with his players. He thinks this is a good fit. Other people I’ve talked to think Seton Hall has a very good shot of getting him. The thought process seems to be that Seton Hall has the lead for him. I would agree with that, but I don’t think it’s a done deal. I’ve seen that expressed and I wouldn’t say that. I can’t say that I know that, but I think they have a good shot and probably the lead for him. It does seem like it’s going to play out a while.

I will say this, the guy is really, really good. He schooled Cliff Omoruyi in the Union County Tournament Final, and I think Cliff Omoruyi’s terrific. I don’t want to in any way denigrate how good Cliff Omoruyi’s going to be for Rutgers, but Sanogo was a cut better than him in that championship game. That’s how good this guy is. He’s a tremendous impact player. I think Seton Hall feels very good about where they are, and they certainly need him. The post is the roster's biggest weakness, and part of their pitch is that minutes are available there right away.

“Each recruitment is its own individual drama.” Great quote by Carino in the full interview.

Reactions: Abbo71
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT