ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread-: Pirates vs. Georgetown

It was, but keep in mind Richmond hasn’t played in essentially 2 weeks so there was some rust there.

Some nights you aren’t going to have your A game, tonight was one of them. They still won. A lot to clean up for sure
I’m trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but you have to admit that throughout his career here and at Cuse he has exhibited this behavior. Like he just doesn’t want to be out there.

With the exception of Davis the energy and FT shooting stayed back with the bye. The former happens the latter a surprise.

Some players lose the “IT” factor after an injury. Could be fear of getting hurt again. He doesn’t look to be injured still. But Any time he experiences contact he walks away grimacing and shaking it off. Signs that he is hyper focused on injury. This is the importance of having high quality resources (something we lack)… need a top sports performance psychologist for KR

Watching Villanova now and Justin Moore is definitely experiencing this. He's just a shell of what he once was.

Watching Villanova now and Justin Moore is definitely experiencing this. He's just a shell of what he once was.
Good point out. Absolutely agreed. Especially with an achillies where you’re unsure if that next step could cause it to happen again

Old-alum.....We ALWAYS say THANK you, but when we win it's so much more enjoyable.
Thanks once again.

Nova is going to be hungry and desperate on Sunday. We better match them. Nova needs that win, but we better play like it is a Must Win for us as well.
I think after barely getting by gtown while we were sleep walking we rev up the intensity for Sunday. Should be a battle.

Reactions: sussexcopirate
I think after barely getting by gtown while we were sleep walking we rev up the intensity for Sunday. Should be a battle.
I typically don't put too much stock in how you play against one team impacting how you play against the next unless it's part of a longer trend. Figure we blow out Georgetown and fail to both times. Would not be the height of insanity if we end up winning at Nova by more than tonight.

I typically don't put too much stock in how you play against one team impacting how you play against the next unless it's part of a longer trend. Figure we blow out Georgetown and fail to both times. Would not be the height of insanity if we end up winning at Nova by more than tonight.
We have to do much better defending the perimeter. Georgetown shot 10-40 from 3 but missed a lot of wide open looks. Not counting on that vs Nova in their building.

Reactions: Hall-O-Daze
Good win last night, but a lucky one. Hope we bounce back Sunday and seniors play like seniors. Only read last two-thirds of this thread, but did Bediako have the flu or something? As for the criticism by some of Richmond, that easy-does-it look of his is just his way. Do think Shaheen was referring to him when he blasted guys for "dribbling for 12 seconds." Often makes a nice pass out of it, but often, too, it goes sideways. He ended up forcing several bad shots last night.

Dawes did not have his A game on offense but appararantly everyone missed the fact that he guarded Epps one on one all night and held him to 6/19 from the field. The guy went for 30 against us at Gtown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT