ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pirates vs. UCONN

Should have kept the starters home said they were all sick and lost by 40 because frankly they all look under the weather except Davis.

Would have been a better look in committees eyes
Sick isn’t an excuse for a team of losers.

Our team looked fine when we took the lead early in the game. UConn woke up. Increases the physicality of the game. Punched our guys in the face and we folded

Does going 2-0 this week even get us in the tournament, starting to feel like it won’t

Who is in charge of the on - off switch with this bunch? Can’t remember a more up and down squad. It’s crazy.

Reactions: TomD82
we were supposed to be 6-11 right now remember, enjoy the ride
This honestly is a fair way of looking at it. It doesn't make me feel better right now but I thought this team would be pretty bad this year and they've exceeded my expectations. See what they can do on Wednesday.

the end of the year fizzle seems to be a repeating frame

Sadly, I completely expected this team to look tired and looking lethargic.

Reactions: Piratz
Nova has won 5 of 6 with their only loss at UConn. I don't think we beat them, and I think we are an NIT team.

Can't understand why our centers just don't stay in the circle and defend. What does the other stuff accomplish??

Reactions: delo228
if we win our last 2, this season will be a 10/10 success. even if we just beat depaul i think you have to call it a success. 12/13 win season and 4th in the big east. i mean, its probably the most ugly 12 win season you could ever have.
with this team, no question. It’s been a really good season and above expectations.

But I’m starting to wonder if SHU even got to the NCAA’s…do we all want to see these tired guys play a top 25/30 team?

Of course I want to win out this week, but this team hurts my eyes and drains my soul watching them.

Sha has to get a couple of kids who can shoot.

I get the defense and that’s fine but he must have at least a few kids who can shoot.

It’s been our biggest problem in his era..we cannot shoot the ball
We don’t defend either so add that to your list.

with this team, no question. It’s been a really good season and above expectations.

But I’m starting to wonder if SHU even got to the NCAA’s…do we all want to see these tired guys play a top 25/30 team?

Of course I want to win out this week, but this team hurts my eyes and drains my soul watching them.
yes I do

Reactions: the1ndonly
Let’s see if we get the “team was sick, couldn’t practice this week” in postgame.

• Haha
Reactions: shu09
Never expected to win this one, but at 18-14 midway into the first half I thought we’d at least make them keep their starters in for the whole game. Really disappointed how Sha let this one go off the rails so quickly.
They could have given Sha a timeout after every possession and let him on the floor to coach, like in 4th grade rec league… he can’t make the shots for them.

Seton hall cannot match up to teams that have a dominant center and good outside shooting. Only if they have an off game from shooting outside would we have a chance.

Getting to the Tournament is key. It would be a monumental let down not to make it. And I know preseason expectations were low. But this would be a huge let down.

The Hall has an opportunity against another team they do not match up well against. But this is for their tournament life.

They could have given Sha a timeout after every possession and let him on the floor to coach, like in 4th grade rec league… he can’t make the shots for them.
Doesn’t matter if it changes anything, it’s still a dereliction of duty for a coach to sit there with his arms crossed while the other team runs away with the game. He has to at least try to break the momentum and get his guys focused.

I’m as big of a Sha fan as there is, but he has let opponents go on far too many massive runs while keeping TO’s in his pocket, and it NEVER works out for us.

Doesn’t matter if it changes anything, it’s still a dereliction of duty for a coach to sit there with his arms crossed while the other team runs away with the game. He has to at least try to break the momentum and get his guys focused.

I’m as big of a Sha fan as there is, but he has let opponents go on far too many massive runs while keeping TO’s in his pocket, and it NEVER works out for us.
yet he did the same thing vs SJU and it mounted an epic comeback. im wondering if he thinks TOs help the other team more. idk. at this point he needs to try it

Reactions: chickenbox
yet he did the same thing vs SJU and it mounted an epic comeback. im wondering if he thinks TOs help the other team more. idk. at this point he needs to try it
That’s a good point, thought he called one against SJU but could be wrong. Either way, UConn is a whole different animal. You can’t just shrug your shoulders and do nothing while the best team in the nation goes on a run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT