ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pirates vs. UCONN

Blowout assured as wushu keeps Shooting..He would be on the bench in CYO.I guess if you play defense you can shoot 20% and play for Sha.Davis looks like only one who showed up.Hope we can keep loss under 30.

Looks like another game over at halftime. Yikes. Thankfully we had a 6-1 start.

Reactions: shupat08
Dawes throwing a bounce pass 20+ ft at bediakos knees summarizes the lowest IQ player in seton hall history

Was Wusu this bad at St. John’s?
He wasn’t great but he’s worse here. The percentages are terrible and way worse. What we’re watching is the worst offensive BE performance by a player who plays his minutes we’ve had.

Down 15 at the half. Just a brutal last 10 minutes. Khadary can't get going. The center play was as bad as Creighton maybe worse. Wusu not too much. The only guy that embraces the road challenge is Dre. God bless him. Sha asleep at the wheel at 18-18 not calling a timeout. Why not keep your man in front of you in the paint? How can guys constantly get behind you???

This team just doesn't have consistency. Looked very good to start the game, then they got sloppy with the ball, leaky on defense, and offense got bottled up.

We don't pass the eye test as a tournament team. We look more like a team that had one hot month and is otherwise largely mediocre.

Im not saying you’re “wrong” but some of you still don’t understand the home/road of college basketball

It’s not just us…the entire sport is centered around Jekyll & Hyde home to road

We’ll be ok
Believe me, I get that. It's more the body language of some of these guys. And the fact that honestly, Nova is a better basketball team than us. UConn at home is a monster, they've blown out virtually everyone there. I hope they're ready to go on Wednesday because that game is basically our season.

Our offense hasn't improved one iota which so darn frustrating
theres nothing they can do. richmond gets doubled and everyone else stinks besides davis. maybe dawes gets hot here or there. they dont care at all about wusu or bediako. makes it super easy to defend. then add in our negative IQ and you get the result youve been seeing.

Reactions: doctorcb12
1 screen for al isnt enough, the over hedging on perimeter is killing us in the paint. I love shaheen but his teams dont adjust and offensive schemes are still terrible

Reactions: doctorcb12
We are stopping the threes so they are killing us inside! Richmond and Dawes have to play hard in the second half or we’ll be run out of the gym!!

3 first half assists, per usual.

There’s just no playmaking or creating at all.

And zero discipline.

You wanted to see if we were good enough to be competitive on the road against good teams. Looks like this could be our 5th BE road loss of 20+ that’s amazing.

I'd look again.

We had a one month stretch where we played way above our level. Dec. 20 to Jan. 20. Beat UConn and Marquette at home, blew out SJU. Won at PC and at Butler. That hot stretch ended when we choked away multiple leads against Creighton at home.

Aside from that, Seton Hall has looked like a mediocre team that beats those its supposed to beat and loses to those it isn't. Most bubble teams don't have a one month hot stretch like we did. They're more in the latter category.

Reactions: shupat08 and Piratz
I say we just get on the bus at the half and go home. Sha can scream at them the whole way.
He can scream all he wants. The team is overmatched. We have 3 guys that can get a bucket in this game (Bediako is neutralized by Clingan). One has been great, one has 3 shot attempts and the other is 1-8 and looks checked out.

Reactions: shu09
I hope shaheen gets some transfers. Next year looks bleak. Everett, nganga, sanders, tubek. My god thats an awful li eup

We had a one month stretch where we played way above our level. Dec. 20 to Jan. 20. Beat UConn and Marquette at home, blew out SJU. Won at PC and at Butler. That hot stretch ended when we choked away multiple leads against Creighton at home.

Aside from that, Seton Hall has looked like a mediocre team that beats those its supposed to beat and loses to those it isn't. Most bubble teams don't have a one month hot stretch like we did. They're more in the latter category.
And hopefully that’s just enough to sneak in provided we beat Villanova.

Played hard, made some mistakes both on offense and defense, nothing off the bench, Clingon cleans up everything around the rim which takes away our 10 feet and in offense. Plus UCONN is a buzz saw at home. Just continue to play hard.

Reactions: LBP43
Seton hall need to invest the proper resources into our players. a mental performance coach would’ve solved Kadarys issues last season. Instead we’re in our 3rd season of watching one of the most talented players in the nation play himself out of a professional career

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT