ADVERTISEMENT

Geno Thorpe

Was terrible in 2 years at Penn State but was decent last year at very lowly South Florida.

Terrible at Penn state? No. Didn't set things on fire but showed promise playing alongside Tim Frazier and DJ Newbill.

Would be a welcome addition

Terrible at Penn state? No. Didn't set things on fire but showed promise playing alongside Tim Frazier and DJ Newbill.

Would be a welcome addition

In his two years at Penn State:

Shot 122 for 286 for 42.7% from the field
Shot 23 for 75 for 30.7% from the 3-point line
Shot 132 for 167 for 79.0% from the free throw line
60 assists to 73 turnovers = 0.82 A/T ratio

For a PG, those are numbers are terrible.

Last nine games of the year:
Points Per Game = 18.8
Assists Per Game = 5.1
Assist to Turnover Ratio = 1.35
Rebounds Per Game = 1.8
Shooting Percentage = 45.8%
3 Point Percentage = 50.0%
Free Throw Percentage = 84.4%
Steals Per Game = 1.5

Like I said, decent at lowly South Florida, who by that time were decimated, somebody has to score and that A/T (may be the most important stat for a PG is not good.)

As an 8-10 min/g backup, sure; as a starter, LOL.

While looking up Geno, saw that Luis Santos averaged 6+ppg and 4+ rpg, with 70% FT last yr.
With these stats in mind, I will say that I would prefer DMarfo to Luis at this time[contrary to what I posted about a wk ago]

Won't fit in with that FT percentage at PSU and especially at USF.

Like I said, decent at lowly South Florida, who by that time were decimated, somebody has to score and that A/T (may be the most important stat for a PG is not good.)

As an 8-10 min/g backup, sure; as a starter, LOL.
That assist to turnover ratio would have been top 50 in the nation amongst guards. Those are a lot better than decent numbers dude

Last nine games of the year:
Points Per Game = 18.8
Assists Per Game = 5.1
Assist to Turnover Ratio = 1.35
Rebounds Per Game = 1.8
Shooting Percentage = 45.8%
3 Point Percentage = 50.0%
Free Throw Percentage = 84.4%
Steals Per Game = 1.5
Sign him up now!

I think geno Thorpe would be a good addition even as pg1...
in comparison Madison put up 6pts 3 assists and 2 turnovers (and helped earn us a 9 seed)

Geno would average more points,more assists, and could probably come close to a/t ratio compared to MJ. Suddenly our team free throw percentage isn't horrible and he can help close out games down the stretch. Also a taller defender,similar in steals.

Defenses wont be able to sag off geno like they did vs MJ last year. A little more space for angel and other scorers to operate.

I think you could book 5 players averaging 10 pgs per game with (geno,KC,desi,angel, and MP).

obviously no duval but geno is a very good option for us,imo...I don't think a non-top 75 freshman is doing a better job than geno would next year.

The A/TO ratio looks terrible. The FT %?
I don't recall him playing much at PG behind Frazier. Looks like he improved as an upperclassmen at the position.
Can he defend?
If we don't get Duval, I'd be thrilled to get Thorpe.

The A/TO ratio looks terrible. The FT %?
I don't recall him playing much at PG behind Frazier. Looks like he improved as an upperclassmen at the position.
Can he defend?
If we don't get Duval, I'd be thrilled to get Thorpe.
He's now as a very good to elite defender

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT