ADVERTISEMENT

GIVING DAY

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
giving-day-open.jpg

Our 2023 Pirate Blue Giving Day initiative, running April 19 & 20, has begun and we hope we can count on your support!

Our annual 50-state challenge is ready to roll! We need support across this great country because if we receive a gift from at least one person in all 50 U.S. states tomorrow, an anonymous donor will give $50,000 to Pirate Blue!

And new this year is our varsity challenge! Our programs have been split up into four divisions, and the program that has the most donors in each division from April 19-20 will win an additional $2,000 that will go towards supporting that program!

How can you ensure that your gift counts towards a specific program?

Let's meet the divisions:

Hazard Zet Forward Division
  • Baseball
  • Softball
  • Volleyball

Blue & White Division
  • Men's Basketball
  • Women's Basketball
  • Men's & Women's Swimming & Diving

Onward Setonia Division
  • Men's & Women's Cross Country
  • Men's Soccer
  • Women's Soccer

Pirate Pride Division
  • Men's Golf
  • Women's Golf
  • Women's Tennis

Let's rally together in support of Seton Hall's outstanding student-athletes and help give them the resources they need to succeed! We look forward to your support on Pirate Blue Giving Day!

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
I will be on the board all day and night, coordinating with the school in helping them to get donations from all 50 states as well as trying to get as many of our readers as possible to contribute to Seton Hall.

Please be generous if you can.

Our money has help to create this......

And this

And so much more, including the soon to have shovels in the ground $50M+ Practice Facility.

South Orange really screwed up the situation causing massive delays. Because of those delays the school could not move forward having to wait on city approval. That is why no info has been released except to MAJOR donors.

Hoping the general public gets to see the video soon. I have seen it and it's breath taking.

South Orange really screwed up the situation causing massive delays. Because of those delays the school could not move forward having to wait on city approval. That is why no info has been released except to MAJOR donors.

Hoping the general public gets to see the video soon. I have seen it and it's breath taking.
Dan , as with many of the followers on this Board , are you at liberty to tell us exactly what the Status of the practice facility approval process is with the Village and if it has not been approved, how confident are we that approval will ultimately be granted.

There has been indications that the town finally gave approval to the Hall this month. I have been so busy trying to get recruiting news that hasn't been a priority for me. I will focus on that soon. But if the info is correct that we finally got town approval shovels will be in the ground in the fall. The project should then take 2 years to compltete.

Reactions: JoePeppitone2012
There has been indications that the town finally gave approval to the Hall this month. I have been so busy trying to get recruiting news that hasn't been a priority for me. I will focus on that soon. But if the info is correct that we finally got town approval shovels will be in the ground in the fall. The project should then take 2 years to compltete.
I told you already it's done. Trust my source on this...

I know you did. I just answered for myself that I have been too busy to verify the question that I was asked above.

Never doubted what you posted.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek there. I understand you have to do your due diligence. I can tell you my source directly but wouldn't want to share on the board.

Reactions: thehall07
Today would be a great day for the school to release more details on the practice facility. Lord knows they need something positive to try and salvage PB donations after the last few days/weeks of recruiting failures.
Exactly! With donor day being today you would think they’d throw us a bone to get us to donate. Missed opportunity if they give us nothing on the new facility.

Is that the same video that was up for about 10 minutes and then taken down or is there another one out there?

Yes, It was not meant for the public to see. It was only for the eyes of the wealthy donors. But a young staffer mistakenly put it on You Tube and when the school found out they took it down almost imm.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Going to donate right now. I will also cover New Mexico with a relative who lives there.

Hope everyone who cares about our school does the same.

Thanks so much for the prompt reply as I’m sure there were many Seton Hall fans who appreciated your update.

Just spoke to Niko. (Nee co)

He asked me to post this number for those that simply want to call as opposed to hitting the link above.

(973) 275-6446

See my most recent post showing the list

@Halldan1 in the past you could see the donation breakdown by class. I'm not finding it this year am I missing it? Just curious if the early 2000s rates have changed at all. I know more friends that are staying to actually give and be involved now.

@Halldan1 in the past you could see the donation breakdown by class. I'm not finding it this year am I missing it? Just curious if the early 2000s rates have changed at all. I know more friends that are staying to actually give and be involved now.
I was looking for that too and couldn’t find it.

I will reach out to the school and see if they are doing that this year.

Done 👍
Tried to get my friends sister in Nebraska to chip in for the state challenge but no dice unfortunately.

Reactions: Halldan1
Hopefully you dedicated the money to the Practice Facility as we are just 19 donors from meeting the $75G Challenge.

Hopefully you dedicated the money to the Practice Facility as we are just 19 donors from meeting the $75G Challenge.
It didn’t allow me to split allocations like last year. I prefer to split over a few different areas of the university close to me, and one of the ones I supported in the past wasn’t listed at all this time in any of the searches. It was very convenient to do that without needing to do multiple transactions but I’ll make another donation for practice facility since I didn’t see the thread about that challenge until after I donated. All the different challenges and page redirects were slightly disorienting but that’s probably just my brain being fried from this system implementation project at work 😵‍💫

Are there any matches that still need to be met? Maybe I’m getting old but I can’t seem to find the remaining open matches on the mobile site.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT