ADVERTISEMENT

GOP Debate

Hall 85. Any spending on infrastructure was worth it. You can’t be serious saying infrastructure is not worth the spend. We desperately needed this and Biden delivered. Even on something so obvious you can’t give the man credit. Which shows that no matter what he does, he can’t win with you. So no point debating Biden with you
Infrastructure was only part of the spending. You crack me up…you constantly rant and tell everyone else they are wrong but there’s no point in debating with me….too funny.
Maybe I am wrong but I dont remember you crying about the debt Trump rang up over 8 billion. Even before VoVid he ran up 3:5 billion in debt. Biden is half that and with very good spending is included with infrastructure Spending. But all you can begrudgingly say is time will tell.
I never voted for Trump, although I posted quite a bit about the success of OWS.

Polls don’t agree with you.
https://nypost.com/2023/08/26/gen-z-has-made-it-clear-they-dont-want-biden-for-2024/

Maybe I am wrong but I dont remember you crying about the debt Trump rang up over 8 billion. Even before CoVid he ran up 3 billion in debt. Biden is half that and with very good spending is included with infrastructure Spending. But all you can begrudgingly say is time will tell.
The facts:

Trump added $6.7 billion in debt during his four years of which $3.7 trillion of that was from COVID, meaning he was responsible for adding $3.0 trillion in debt. Truly abhorrent.

Biden has added $2.5 trillion in debt in his first 2.5 years. Even more abhorrent. Plus his signature pieces of legislation will add to the debt for a long time.

Few care except when it's the other side doing it.

Reactions: SHUSA
Trump added $6.7 billion in debt during his four years of which $3.7 trillion of that was from COVID, meaning he was responsible for adding $3.0 trillion in debt. Truly abhorrent.

Biden has added $2.5 trillion in debt in his first 2.5 years. Even more abhorrent. Plus his signature pieces of legislation will add to the debt for a long time.

Apples to apples, wouldn’t you remove Biden’s Covid spending as well there?

Reactions: SHUSA
He’s Chris Christie after his first term. Once he started to position himself for a presidential run, he lost what made him an effective leader.
I don't think Desantis "lost" anything. For whatever reason, his campaign hasn't caught the steam some thought it would. It does not change what he's done in Florida or the fact that he had a tremendous W last go-round putting up numbers a Republican shouldn't put up in that state, especially when you consider where the rest of the country went that voting cycle.

Some candidates are better suited for certain races compared to others. I don't think the people he's listening to are giving him good advice, nor do I think he's figured out -- politically -- the best approach to deal with Trump. But I'm no political consultant/expert. To me, he's the same guy. He just hasn't caught the traction he needs.

So much of this is perception. Think of our current President. This guy was a joke Presidential candidate for years within his own party. Did he happen to "find" something he "lost" previously in 2020? No. Same guy, who happened to come around at the right time during the right election cycle versus the right opponent in the right circumstances. Biden the 2020 candidate was no different than the VP running mate that Obama openly mocked, the guy who was a gaffe machine long before he lost his marbles, who was viewed as more of a centrist/corporate Democrat that would work with Republicans, and who had a Presidential campaign derailed 35 years ago because of a well-publicized scandal.

If I were advising Ron D., I would just tell him to be himself. Straight talk. Stop trying to be a politician with a capital "P". Lean-in on the record that won you places in Florida no R has in decades. That helped make that state -- which I viewed historically as a joke given my NJ/NY roots -- a beacon of freaking light during the pandemic. That resulted in folks from blue states flocking to Florida. He has the resume.

I just don't want Trump v. Biden again. And the funny thing is I think like 80% of the country probably feels the same.

If I were advising Ron D., I would just tell him to be himself. Straight talk. Stop trying to be a politician with a capital "P". Lean-in on the record that won you places in Florida no R has in decades.

Exactly. That seems so obvious and yet he thinks his path is through fighting wokeism and suing corporations. He has made horrible decisions trying to get into the national spotlight which does remind me of Christie's run in 2016.

Still plenty of time for a course correction, but he has made a couple of those already which haven't really addressed the problem. I think DeSantis showed his best leadership in response to Hurricane Ian. Unfortunately for the state, but fortunately for Desantis it appears he will have the opportunity to show that type of leadership without the politics again soon. Just focus on that and build from there and he will be ok, but he just hasn't shown that he has the temperament to stay out of the weeds.

Apples to apples, wouldn’t you remove Biden’s Covid spending as well there?
Yes but to make it apples to apples you'd have to add all the debt that Biden has committed but not yet spent, no?

Yes but to make it apples to apples you'd have to add all the debt that Biden has committed but not yet spent, no?

Sure, as you would also then consider the decreased revenue because of Trump's tax cuts of those years as well.

Like I said though, I don't care much about debt when judging if a law is worthy or not.
Biden's longer term commitments come in the form of the infrastructure bill which I believe is necessary spending. The CHIPS act which helps stabilize the semiconductor supply chain in the US and decreases reliance on foreign countries. The Inflation reduction act which will help build out our energy supply chains and ends up decreasing our deficit over it's 10 year cost.

At the end of his term, the amount of debt added under Biden will not really be that notable in the modern era, and given how much praise Reagan gets on this board I don't believe people really care that much about debt outside of a political argument.

We should spend where we need to spend to provide the best economic environment, and we should cut where we can cut when the economic environment is strong without the governments help. Neither party has a balance on when to spend and when to cut.

Sure, as you would also then consider the decreased revenue because of Trump's tax cuts of those years as well.
Except there aren't any decreased tax revenues because of the Trump tax cuts.

Annual actual tax revenues since the Trump tax cuts have wildly exceeded the annual revenue estimates the CBO put out in 2017 before the Trump tax cuts.

Except there aren't any decreased tax revenues because of the Trump tax cuts.

Annual actual tax revenues since the Trump tax cuts have wildly exceeded the annual revenue estimates the CBO put out in 2017 before the Trump tax cuts.

You know you can't compare a 2017 baseline to the post Covid money supply. They didn't factor that in.

They only year it has surpassed was tax receipts would have been under currently law projections was 2022 and Revenues for 2022 would have been significantly higher under the old rates.

You know you can't compare a 2017 baseline to the post Covid money supply. They didn't factor that in.

They only year it has surpassed was tax receipts would have been under currently law projections was 2022 and Revenues for 2022 would have been significantly higher under the old rates.
This makes no sense.

This makes no sense.

Of course it does. Revenue projections in 2017 did not include the government handing people money, and those people putting that money into the economy and stock market and the related inflation.

We created an economic boom in 2021 and 2022 to come out of the pandemic. Of course that would impact tax receipts.

Of course it does. Revenue projections in 2017 did not include the government handing people money, and those people putting that money into the economy and stock market and the related inflation.

We created an economic boom in 2021 and 2022 to come out of the pandemic. Of course that would impact tax receipts.
But, but, the Trump tax cuts reduced tax receipts, LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: Section112
But, but, the Trump tax cuts reduced tax receipts, LOL.

Yes, the TCJA did reduce receipts.
Every single year since that passed would have seen higher tax receipts under the previous tax law.

The 10 year original 10 year projections for the TCJA showed it would reduce revenue by 1.5 trillion.

When 2018 and 2019 were coming in lower than anticipated, the CBO revised those projections down by another 1.6 trillion in 2019.

While 2021 receipts were higher than the original CBO projection, they were also lower than they would have been under the current law projections prior to the TCJA... and the only reason it was that high was because of the economic stimulus which of course would not have been considered in 2017.

They did some dynamic scoring on the tax cuts and they never paid form themselves. They were always in lower revenue position than what would have been under the old law.

Good opinion article on Haley at the debate. She told the truth. https://apple.news/AOvLPm09_RSOV1Ac1MtdsRA
Nikki flip flops more than John Kerry
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Absolutely awful synopsis and takes.

I couldn’t disagree anymore

Haley, lol, she’s a Warhawk, WEF puppet that aside from abortion didn’t offer any solutions nor hope

Free speech , censorship, infringement of civil rights were not even discussed at all in the entire debate. Disappointing

I nailed it with this post back then.

Nikki flip flops more than John Kerry
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv
I guess that's why she was Trump's top pick for the UN. When she resigned from his cabinet Trump said " Nikki Haley is someone very special to me. She's done a fantastic job and we have done a fantastic job together." There are many more compliments Trump made over the years about Nikki when he brought her into the cabinet. I guess he was pretty wrong there or he flip flopped on his opinion of Nikki.

I guess that's why she was Trump's top pick for the UN. When she resigned from his cabinet Trump said " Nikki Haley is someone very special to me. She's done a fantastic job and we have done a fantastic job together." There are many more compliments Trump made over the years about Nikki when he brought her into the cabinet. I guess he was pretty wrong there or maybe he flip flopped on his opinion of Nikki?
She’s flip flopped on just about every issue aside from abortion.

Your festering TDS made it about Trump when I wasn’t even referring to what you posted.

I’m talking about issues important to all of us such as civil liberties, central digital bank, race relations, taxes, etc.

She is a WEF puppet, so if you don’t care about your freedoms or American sovereignty, then go ahead and vote for her.

I don't have TDS but keep up with your talking points. You are very well read with the cult. The cult has you not thinking and just repeating their BS. You are a myna bird. Born again Christian too? That is what they do just quote the bible and never answer the question.

I care very much about our freedoms and she is an actual conservative who will do a better job than Trump the former Dem. I'm a big fan on Ron Paul (not necessarily his son though). Trump does not look healthy either - look closer and some of the pics (limping on his right leg). He's starting to sound real bad in his speeches too (sounding like Biden). He wants to wrap up the primary so he doesn't have to debate anyone or actually work the election. And he's only a one term candidate. Add all that up and its amazing how many folks are falling for his BS.

I don't have TDS but keep up with your talking points. You are very well read with the cult. The cult has you not thinking and just repeating their BS. You are a myna bird. Born again Christian too? That is what they do just quote the bible and never answer the question.

I care very much about our freedoms and she is an actual conservative who will do a better job than Trump the former Dem. I'm a big fan on Ron Paul (not necessarily his son though). Trump does not look healthy either - look closer and some of the pics (limping on his right leg). He's starting to sound real bad in his speeches too (sounding like Biden). He wants to wrap up the primary so he doesn't have to debate anyone or actually work the election. And he's only a one term candidate. Add all that up and its amazing how many folks are falling for his BS.
I wish there was a joke that started with..”Donald Trump, Joe Biden and Alec Baldwin walk into a bar….”

Well, maybe not a joke…

Reactions: Section112

Lol

So uninformed it’s comical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT