ADVERTISEMENT

Hall vs Depaul

Wow that's how we're going to have our season? Playing without 4 players jeez. I hope this is it after this. Better now than later

I’m not sure of DePaul’s covid situation, but if they are fully healthy they should be favored by double digits….

That's an unfair and incorrect statement. If a Vaccinated individual tests positive, they still have to quarantine. So it is possible these '4 high quality players" could be vaccinated and tested positive
Umm not sure the QTN time is the same?

Reactions: walshtrips
This was probably covered in some of the 10-page threads debating COVID, but didn’t the University require it? 🤔
It is required, but both general student population and team were allowed exemptions to the requirement, so it has been indicated multiple places some players are unvaccinated.

Reactions: LBP43
It is required, but both general student population and team were allowed exemptions to the requirement, so it has been indicated multiple places some players are unvaccinated.

62% of the student population is vaccinated

This was probably covered in some of the 10-page threads debating COVID, but didn’t the University require it? 🤔
Yes, it did, but there seems to be a question of enforcement (both the university and basketball team). It's a sticky situation (HIPAA) because I think a reporter noted that there were two unvaxxed and two other players that made up the four.

Reactions: Piratz
You know Dan, I have taken the stance of respecting each persons decision, so I'm not going to be unhappy or happy if it ever comes out or it's just obvious who is.
I didn't read it as disclosing who is vaxxed vs, unvaxxed. We will know who was positive (could be vaccinated or not) and wont be happy cause its a high profile/important player.

You will definitely know who has the virus and might not be happy when you do.
The only reason I would not be happy is because the young men affected are either actually sick or they tested positive and are being forced to sit. No one should be happy that any of our players were affected.

These young men are legal adults and their medical decisions are absolutely none of our business! Did you make your choice about the vaccine? These guys are entitled to make that same choice for themselves!

Their are medical and religious exemptions.
As well as person preference exemption. Only requirement for any of these exemptions is weekly testing. Not sure if everyone is aware but the vaccines that are being distributed are the ones that were approved for emergency use. The FDA approved vaxes have not been distributed in many cases.

Unhappy as if you're friend had to cancel dinner plans. You may be upset, but you're not pissed at them.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
No you won’t because vaxxed or not you can still get Covid and give it to others. The medical history and decisions of our players is no one’s business but theirs. That goes for anyone else as well!
I agree that it's none of our business. I was just doing the math based on what was indicated.

You will definitely know who has the virus and might not be happy when you do.
I don't recall being told that anyone was positive for the virus, that said, I won't be upset - it's a life lesson. We also don't know if the affected players are breakthrough cases or unvaccinated. The RU, OSU and SJU cases were all breakthrough.

We know Cale will be playing. 🤣

Are vaccinated players who test negative allowed to practice through this pause???

Last edited:
I know DePaul had to forfeit their game vs Creighton. Would have been very interesting to see what team might have been given the forfeit if both were still dealing with Covid issues Thursday. And how will league handle that situation should it arise during the season where both teams are impacted

I know DePaul had to forfeit their game vs Creighton. Would have been very interesting to see what team might have been given the forfeit if both were still dealing with Covid issues Thursday. And how will league handle that situation should it arise during the season where both teams are impacted

It's already spelled out in the Big East policy. Both teams are assigned a forfeit loss.

i am double vaccinated and boosted and i have covid with mild symptoms. the statement that we will soon find out who the unvaxxed players are is total bullshit. there is a misnomer that being vaccinated = immune from infection. it is totally inaccurate. being vaxxed = lowers change of death and hospitalization, which it did for me. it doesnt mean you will never catch covid. so lets stop the guessing game of which student athlete is or isnt vaxxed.

Would be like the end of Rocky 2, who ever is able to stand before the 10 count gets the win.

You know Dan, I have taken the stance of respecting each persons decision, so I'm not going to be unhappy or happy if it ever comes out or it's just obvious who is.
Pete, not so much about vaccinations. Obviously even vaccinated players are catching the virus. My comment was about who is/isn't playing, not who is or isn't vaccinated.

Why would we be happy or unhappy. It is a personal decision each player must make on his own.
Again. my comment has nothing to do with vaccinations. My comment is we are not going to be happy when we see which players are not suited up.

Again. my comment has nothing to do with vaccinations. My comment is we are not going to be happy when we see which players are not suited up.
Well considering that depth is our strength that makes me think that its all the big's or all the guards. Since we have Ikey already out already I am leaning towards Yeta and Samuel as they would make the biggest impact with Ikey out.

Cold warm or hot?

I am not able to list the players. It's not right and even if it was the info was given to me off the record.

I can only hope that those that have it can play as soon as possible. But even then who knows what aftereffects they'll have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT