ADVERTISEMENT

Hall vs Depaul

Pete, not so much about vaccinations. Obviously even vaccinated players are catching the virus. My comment was about who is/isn't playing, not who is or isn't vaccinated.
Thanks for clearing that up Dan. So by your comment it sounds like four starters. Great.

No you won’t because vaxxed or not you can still get Covid and give it to others. The medical history and decisions of our players is no one’s business but theirs. That goes for anyone else as well!
Why did St. John’s announce their Covid inactive?

Decisions are individually based. Some athletes want their privacy and some don't care.

That plus some coaches do not want to give their opponent any completive advantage so they'll keep the info inhouse as long as possible.

Reactions: HALL85
I am not able to list the players. It's not right and even if it was the info was given to me off the record.

I can only hope that those that have it can play as soon as possible. But even then who knows what aftereffects they'll have.
Effects? The only time there’s been an impact is when 1) the virus had more serious health repercussions and 2) they had to be fully isolated in every sense for about 10 days or more give or take

Yes, it did, but there seems to be a question of enforcement (both the university and basketball team). It's a sticky situation (HIPAA) because I think a reporter noted that there were two unvaxxed and two other players that made up the four.
Yeah Zach Braziller did mention in our episode released last night. No names mentioned but if you are looking for further insight, might wanna give this week’s episode a listen. Zach was great.

Reactions: MichiganStoleTitle
I worry about fatigue as an aftereffect. I know of a few people, granted older than the players, that have lost some stamina. That would be a major problem for BB players.

Reactions: SHUSA
I worry about fatigue as an aftereffect. I know of a few people, granted older than the players, that have lost some stamina. That would be a major problem for BB players.
Dan, this thing has been around for two years. Can u name five athletes that have complained of long term impacts vis a vis stamina? Can you name 3?

I’m not sure of DePaul’s covid situation, but if they are fully healthy they should be favored by double digits….
I hope so jdavis pirates cause I will have a great betting nite:cool:
If Game does go on, the Depaul Crowd of about 50 already know how not to sit near each other. o_O
I know, Covid jokes not funny right now --sorry.

Dan, this thing has been around for two years. Can u name five athletes that have complained of long term impacts vis a vis stamina? Can you name 3?
Not so much long term. More short term. Especially if those infected haven't done much physically. To play BB at this level even missing a few days, never mind a week or more will definitely affect a player.

Not so much long term. More short term. Especially if those infected haven't done much physically. To play BB at this level even missing a few days, never mind a week or more will definitely affect a player.
I too am interested to see how they come out of it. In addition to missing games, are they on a minutes restriction until they build up stamina?

I wouldn’t blame anyone for getting sick but it’s certainly frustrating that we have the potential for a magical season and the team isn’t doing everything within their power to stay on the court. Although frustrating, their personal decisions are none of my business and they really don’t owe it me to do anything they don’t want to do.

fwiw my girlfriend ran a half marathon the day after being able to go out after covid. after 2 weeks of not training. she did pretty well.

its so case by case

I hope so jdavis pirates cause I will have a great betting nite:cool:
If Game does go on, the Depaul Crowd of about 50 already know how not to sit near each other. o_O
I know, Covid jokes not funny right now --sorry.
I get what you mean. I go to the local DePaul SHU games at both past Allstate arena and now wintrust. Hope to see many SHU alums and player’s families.

youd think that if you truly have your gameface on for this season , you give yourself every chance to succeed which includes getting vaxed. i respect peoples choices as long as they are legitimate and thought out. everyone is in a unique scenario.

leave it to this team to be allergic to prosperity.
This.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
I wouldn’t blame anyone for getting sick but it’s certainly frustrating that we have the potential for a magical season and the team isn’t doing everything within their power to stay on the court. Although frustrating, their personal decisions are none of my business and they really don’t owe it me to do anything they don’t want to do.
How do you know they aren’t doing everything in their power to stay on the court? I’m sure these kids are doing everything they can but they don’t live in a bubble and sometimes have to be near other people. They could have caught something from a asymptomatic classmate or someone in the cafeteria! You don’t know!

youd think that if you truly have your gameface on for this season , you give yourself every chance to succeed which includes getting vaxed. i respect peoples choices as long as they are legitimate and thought out. everyone is in a unique scenario.

leave it to this team to be allergic to prosperity.
Maybe side effects like myocarditis, Bell’s palsy and death were things our guys thought weren’t worth the risk especially since you can still get Covid, vaxxed or not! Did you make your decision? Let them make theirs! What’s right for you is not necessarily right for everyone else! Why do some of you have such a tough time with that concept!?

Maybe side effects like myocarditis, Bell’s palsy and death were things our guys thought weren’t worth the risk especially since you can still get Covid, vaxxed or not! Did you make your decision? Let them make theirs! What’s right for you is not necessarily right for everyone else!
Or from Rutgers!

It’s amazing how stupid some people are that this has now turned into 2 pages on an innocent statement.

Someone on the team or close to the team was positive (whether I know anything is irrelevant, because it’s simple fact to start a protocol). Only players that will be available for a Thursday game will be vaccinated, negative players.

Vaccinated and positive - not available
Unvaccinated and positive - not available
Unvaccinated and negative - not available

Why can’t some people follow simple logic and then deduce what the status of the players available for DePaul would be?

See, I didn’t make a statement on the severity of Covid, HIPAA, mandates or whether vaccination status is someone’s right. It’s a simple understanding of the BE rules as they currently stand.

Now carry on with yet another 2 pages of stupidity and non-basketball related bullshit that belongs on LOTS.

Unvaccinated and negative - not available
This is the bucket that really concerns me. It has the potential to destroy the season if we have multiple starters in this bucket. If the variant is as contagious as reported we will constantly be experiencing positive tests and our best players will be in 10 day quarantine despite being perfectly healthy.

Maybe side effects like myocarditis, Bell’s palsy and death were things our guys thought weren’t worth the risk especially since you can still get Covid, vaxxed or not! Did you make your decision? Let them make theirs! What’s right for you is not necessarily right for everyone else! Why do some of you have such a tough time with that concept!?
well now they have covid, which has a MUCH greater risk for all of those conditions. hope they are ok.

it also seems you missed the 2nd half of my post.

The Pope endorsed/approved vaccinations for Catholics. Even the Johnson and Johnson if moderna/Pfizer not available.

This is the bucket that really concerns me. It has the potential to destroy the season if we have multiple starters in this bucket. If the variant is as contagious as reported we will constantly be experiencing positive tests and our best players will be in 10 day quarantine despite being perfectly healthy.
Didn’t the Hall have a Covid issue back in September also? Everyone should of had it by now.

I apologize if this was covered - I haven’t read every thread/post - is there a reason proof of antibodies isn’t accepted as alternative to vaccination? Why does the source of your antibodies matter. If the entire team was previously infected I would think they should have some level of antibodies.

I apologize if this was covered - I haven’t read every thread/post - is there a reason proof of antibodies isn’t accepted as alternative to vaccination? Why does the source of your antibodies matter. If the entire team was previously infected I would think they should have some level of antibodies.

It has been known antibodies through natural infection only last 30 days or so. That's what getting vaccinated and boosted is very important

Reactions: mbraue
No you won’t because vaxxed or not you can still get Covid and give it to others. The medical history and decisions of our players is no one’s business but theirs. That goes for anyone else as well!
Not a violation for others to know

As a time, this is not an altogether bad time to get Covid. I can't say I would be completely mad that some of our best players would have it now. Natural immunity lasts at a minimum of 3 months- so we wont be playing any tournament games with our best players sick which could be huge in the long run.

Omicron doesn't care about vaccination status, obvious with so many fully vaccinated teams having issues.

The problem lies with the NCAA protocols. NCAA should follow CDC "Test-to-Stay" recommendations.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT