ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, Stevie_H

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
I'll take the lottery pick this year, the one next year from the 76ers and Jae Crowder for the Zinger.

What da ya think?

Celtics interested in trading for Knicks star Kristaps Porzingis: source

STEFAN BONDY
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 12:36 PM

As Phil Jackson's stated publicly, he's not ruling out dealing anybody — including Kristaps Porzingis. And the Celtics, who own the third overall pick in the NBA draft, are interested.

Now that trade season is in full swing ahead of the draft, the Knicks have been flooded with interest in their star, sources confirmed. And according to a source, the Celtics are among those teams.

It has reached the point that New York is already planning for a future without the Latvian, according to The Vertical, which reported Jackson met Monday with a potential replacement in Lauri Markkanen.

Markkanen, a 7-footer from Finland, is a projected lottery draft pick who plays the same position as Porzingis. The Knicks draft eighth on Thursday.

Knicks fans explode after report Knicks open to trading Porzingis

Porzingis' brother, Janis, told ESPN on Tuesday that Porzingis wants to remain in New York, while taking a shot at the divisive environment Jackson has created with his star players.

"Despite how the Knicks are treating their players, Kris wants to stay in New York," Janis Porzingis said. "He loves the city and he loves the fans and he wants to win with this team. If he's going to be traded, he's going to play out his contract and decide his future on his own."

Logic would indicate the Knicks wouldn't trade their best draft pick since Patrick Ewing, but the relationship between Porzingis and the Knicks has been severely strained. Following another disappointing New York season, Porzingis bailed on his exit meeting with Jackson and communication between the parties has been cut off.

As the Daily News reported, Janis and Porzingis' agent, Andy Miller, sat down with Jackson last month in an attempt to lay out all the issues.

Knicks, Phil Jackson continue to keep their eyes on De’Aaron Fox

However, that lengthy meeting in New York accomplished very little to bridge the chasm as Jackson remained steadfast in his ways and direction, according to a team source.

The Knicks also did not renew the contract of Porzingis' favorite assistant coach, Josh Longstaff.

For the last two months, Porzingis has been overseas and, more recently, posted workout videos with his brother from Latvia. Unlike last year when Longstaff traveled overseas with Porzingis, the Knicks do not have a team a representative with their star.

As recently as last month, coach Jeff Hornacek said there's "no doubt in my mind" that Porzingis will be with the Knicks next season.

Kristaps Porzingis getting himself into fighting shape in Latvia

Prior to that statement, however, Jackson said he doesn't believe Porzingis is ready to carry the franchise since Carmelo Anthony "would be better off somewhere else."

"No, I don't think (Porzingis) is ready. He's 21 years old. That's a big load for anybody to take on," Jackson said. "But he's shown that he's competitive."

Porzingis was perplexed that Jackson fired Derek Fisher after two seasons and he did not mesh with Fisher's interim replacement Kurt Rambis.

Rambis remains on the Knicks staff as New York pushes the triangle back into focus.

Adam Silver: Phil Jackson has right to publicly put Melo on block

Porzingis is by far New York's most desirable asset and presumably could be packaged with Anthony to bring in a haul. Anthony, however, owns a no-trade clause and the market for him has been diminished.

The Celtics had the No. 1 overall draft pick but dealt it to the Sixers on Monday, acquiring the No. 3 pick in this draft and a first-round selection in either 2018 or 2019.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...g-knicks-kristaps-porzingis-article-1.3262522

I thought u would like that one.

I posted a trade that was being reported.

The Knicks are gonna be very bad for a long while so two potential lottery picks (with the Knicks' luck it will be one) and a starter could be enticing.

That said I wouldn't do it as the second pick although likely isn't guaranteed to be a high one .

If the second pick was somehow a guaranteed top 3 then I would have done it.

Here's a trade I would give strong consideration to.

If Boston gave NY this years lottery pick and then year's Net's pick plus Crowder, I might go for that.

That would give the Knicks two high lottery picks this year and probably next year as well since neither NY or NJ will be any good.

4 high lottery picks will within a year or two get the Knicks to the middle of the NBA pack. Then you can bring in a free agent and start to become relevant again.

Even if the Knicks got two high lottery picks how much confidence can you have in Jackson getting it right with those type of picks .

Reactions: its haLL baLL
I might part with the Brooklyn pick if protected. Much like the Sixers - Celtics trade and the Lakers pick having a protection in place. Maybe part with the Brooklyn pick if outside top 3. If it's a top 3 pick, then NYK gets (fill in blank).

As for the Knicks, they'd need to hit on all of those picks and make some other smart decisions to get back to relevance. I feel for Knicks fans...

It is completely baffling how poorly Phil has handled the exit from the franchise of Carmelo, a player who has not delivered what was expected to New York, but who ultimately is one of the best players ever to put on the uniform.

Now he wants to trade Porzingis, one of the best franchise cornerstones of the future anywhere in the nba, why?? Because he skipped his exit interview when he saw how poorly Melo was being treated? How can a man who won THAT MANY championships, be so clueless in dealing with people?

I hope we trade Carmelo and KP. Trade them somewhere they can win. With the type of management they deserve to play for and teammates they deserve to play with. We don't deserve nice things.

It is completely baffling how poorly Phil has handled the exit from the franchise of Carmelo, a player who has not delivered what was expected to New York, but who ultimately is one of the best players ever to put on the uniform.

Now he wants to trade Porzingis, one of the best franchise cornerstones of the future anywhere in the nba, why?? Because he skipped his exit interview when he saw how poorly Melo was being treated? How can a man who won THAT MANY championships, be so clueless in dealing with people?

I hope we trade Carmelo and KP. Trade them somewhere they can win. With the type of management they deserve to play for and teammates they deserve to play with. We don't deserve nice things.
Phil's magic eightball has run out of answers.

Odds are the Knicks aren't getting a player with Porzingis potential in any trade. The kid is only 21!

Thankfully it sounds like they're no longer shopping him.

I don't think the Knicks were ever shopping him, just listening to offers.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Keep Porzingis. Trade Carmelo for anything. Good scorer but addition by subtraction with this team. Build around Porzingis with players that will help and complement him. Melo and Rose do nothing to help Porzingis.

Give up on the Triangle already. They will likely really stink this year but that is fine as hopefully it gets them a Top 3 pick next year. 2 lottery picks + KP and cap money after this coming season. Repair the relationship with KP and do what you can to bring in some supportive players and assistants that will aid in his development.

Being a Jet and Knick fan right now is brutal.

I am going to have to go through at least one season each hoping they lose every game just so they can get a high draft choice.

That shouldn't be what a fan has to be about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT