ADVERTISEMENT

How To Avoid Paying The Willard Buyout

jimmylanjello

Recruit
Feb 17, 2015
Let Willard spend a year coaching WBB while Tony B takes over the men's program. Our women's team looked fantastic today over Marquette, they are so well coached! From pre-season 5 pick to first in the conference...and they kept the foot on the gas and accelerated all season, no blowups along the way, they are playing their best ball of the season right now when it matters most. They consistently execute the plays Tony creates, they stick together, they play their team roles and come up with a total team that is much more than the sum of the parts, it's really a joy to watch them play. Now THAT is great coaching. The fact that Lyons got us Tony gives me hope that he'll eventually find a way to get a real coach for MBB.

Bozzella would have done better than 16-14, 6-12. I think pretty much any coach would have.

I don't like the idea though. Our women's team has played too well to saddle them with Willard.

they just need to can him. buyout or not. thats shu's problem as a whole they think too small. yeah its a hit but one more year of him coaching sets us back even further than we already are.

jimmylanjello

The women have had a fantastic year and now you want to punish them by giving them the men's coach?, lol

Fair enough Mugsy! I plead guilty to being MBB-centric! All credit to Tony and the women, they have given us something to be proud of for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT