ADVERTISEMENT

I am shocked by this

ESPN does actually have a "no-politics policy." It's outlined in the link below. The key wording in the policy is "unless it intersects with sports." Given the number of NBA and WNBA players who have taken up the Breonna Taylor issue, IMHO that falls under "intersects with sports." Others will clearly disagree.

ESPN wants to avoid its hosts commenting on pure politics (there are plenty of places to go for that) but don't confuse politics with non-sports issues. As long as athletes are taking the lead on social justice issues, ESPN will (and should) cover it. Same with "political" issues that have a direct effect on players and teams.

Think of it this way, if ESPN were around during the 1968 Olympics should they have covered the John Carlos and Tommie Smith black power salute or ignored it? Or in 1972 should they have covered the murders of members of the Israeli delegation at the Munich Olympics or ignored that? Those are both "political" issues.

https://www.courant.com/sports/hc-s...0190721-kwovmtulc5bezcgpma3eb53u7y-story.html
the breonna taylor segment had absolutely no sports connection they connected to. its just wording they use to try and prove they arent political. with social media these days they can fudge almost anything to be related to sports.

Reactions: TheGucc

I guess you read what you shared? Maybe you missed the last sentence, hidden in medical jargon:

“In my opinion infectious viruses will only persist for hours in mucus on surfaces rather than days,” he added.

I guess you read what you shared? Maybe you missed the last sentence, hidden in medical jargon:

“In my opinion infectious viruses will only persist for hours in mucus on surfaces rather than days,” he added.

Right, if there were any real-world truth to this "28 days" at all, absolutely every person would have contracted COVID-19 at this point.

Reactions: SHUMA04
One thing on business front that is key to all this, all domestic packages are contracted until 2022 season ends except for mnf which has no contract past 2021 season ending, disney/espn taking the plunge on extension means to me disney is still serious about its sports media platform and properties and second they seek super bowl rotation and also some type of other regular season return to free to air side

The cool thing about talking politics is that you can change other people’s point of view. It’s never really a waste of time because people’s thoughts aren’t deep rooted into their core belief system.

Also, I love the irony of the “espn shouldn’t talk about politics. Stick to sports.” On a seton hall sports message board.

ESPN layoff notifications to start as soon as tomorrow, on air talent too, some will have deals expire, some will be asked to take lower comp or be gone

If disney told the shuttle family hey could can come for free but you need to sign a disclaimer that the property is not held responsible for the safety and welfare of you and your family based on the chance that others inside the property that you will encounter on rides, mutually touched surfaces etc, would you go?

i took my kids to Dutch Wonderland out in Lancaster in August and had a blast with a practically empty park. No lines for any rides. And we are set for Disney World in February. Great deals right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT