ADVERTISEMENT

Ian Eagle Taking over for Nantz in ‘24

File this under news I certainly did not expect. Hope we get at least a few years out of Bird and Raft together again at the Final Four. Have to think Raft is nearing the end of his career.

File this under news I certainly did not expect. Hope we get at least a few years out of Bird and Raft together again at the Final Four. Have to think Raft is nearing the end of his career.
He’ll be 80 in April. Kind of surprised he’s stayed at it this long, or more accurately, that the suits have let him.

Me too, but Raft is such a legend that unless cognitively he really starts to slip I think they will let him go as long as he wants. Kind of what ESPN seemed to do with Corso. He didn’t step down from full time until it was pretty clear he was struggling openly with some stuff.

I’m a fan of Nantz. Maybe because I associate him with one of my favorite points of entertainment. Very smooth and polished. But I love Bird. Funny, incredible wit, does his homework, etc.

Ian Eagle is terrific and talk about a guy who worked his way up the ladder and knows hoops. Have to admire that. Nantz does a good job at the Masters but he's not a great play by play guy for other sports especially basketball. Has the silky voice but does not add much anymore.

Always felt Eagle sounded too scripted. A bit like Costas in that regard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT