ADVERTISEMENT

Inflation 8.5 %

Polling places should be assigned based on population - more people, more polling places. Less people, fewer polling places.

Yes, my master plan is to come off as ignorant as possible on a basketball message board. You got me!
youre a smart guy, i think you know its been an issue for years

you said because it takes you 10 mins there isnt any issue

I never said it wasn't an issue. Simply said any time I've voted I haven't waited on a line. That's called a first person experience. It doesn't signify that there is or isn't an issue. I'm honestly flattered that you think things aren't an issue because of my own experiences. LOL.

I never said it wasn't an issue. Simply said any time I've voted I haven't waited on a line. That's called a first person experience. It doesn't signify that there is or isn't an issue. I'm honestly flattered that you think things aren't an issue because of my own experiences. LOL.
lol thats what ive been saying YOU think this whole time clearly backed by your statements and responses. this isnt the first time youve used your own personal experience as a proof point for the rest of the population.

i mean, if you actually understood the experience that other people go through when voting then you wouldnt be saying all the things you are saying

It's not mandatory to go to an election booth. If you want to vote, you can go vote. If you don't want to vote, you don't have to go.

Reasonable accommodations (absentee/mail-in) should be made available for those who are out of town or disabled and don't wish to travel to the polls. Nobody else should receive a mail-in ballot. In this day and age, there is no reason to be tabulating votes via an antiquated method such as paper ballots.
Absolutely agree

No he didn't say he would open the borders and we are approaching an all time high of US oil production. something I'm not happy about but that is a fact. So I just don't understand the where you're coming up with some of this stuff.
You may have missed this debate.

Absolutely. Energy is playing a large part right now but it was not impacting inflation at all until Russia started preparing for war.
Inflation escalated when Russia started preparing for war agreed, but had already started in 2021.

Last edited:
The common denominator is needlessly shutting down the world economy in the name of a respiratory virus. If that doesn't happen, we are not seeing the crazy inflation we see today.

You must be impressed with at least Biden’s power to effect the most of the globe in higher inflation. It’s not only this country. https://amp.theguardian.com/busines...-the-hit-to-living-standards-across-the-world

I wondered what was the common denominator?
Giving money away for free, started with Trump continued with Biden. We need an adult in the room. Spending more money is not going to resolve inflation, just hearing that solution shows you how clueless the good ole boy network has become. Don’t blame Biden completely he just doesn’t have a way forward. He seems lost and lacks the leadership skills to rally the nation. We need a plan forward that doesn’t include spending trillions of dollars. We need to focus on the economy and not social issues. Division and hopelessness are defining his presidency. Do you think he is a strong leader? Respect your opinion either way.

Might also have helped if he didn’t appoint a 38 year old secretary of transportation whose only experience was running the hamlet of south bend.Little Pete doesn’t have a clue on supply chain but he is gay and that checked Biden diversity box so I get it just like the energy secretary who didn’t know how much oil the US used daily but she is a woman and that was the main qualification needed.

Giving money away for free, started with Trump continued with Biden. We need an adult in the room. Spending more money is not going to resolve inflation, just hearing that solution shows you how clueless the good ole boy network has become. Don’t blame Biden completely he just doesn’t have a way forward. He seems lost and lacks the leadership skills to rally the nation. We need a plan forward that doesn’t include spending trillions of dollars. We need to focus on the economy and not social issues. Division and hopelessness are defining his presidency. Do you think he is a strong leader? Respect your opinion either way.
Biden is old and what people see is that he seems like an old man. But so what. He got the very much needed infrastructure bill passed. He has NATO United and has done a great job of keeping us out of a war and still supporting Ukraine. Most importantly, he is not Trump who was and is a national disgrace.

This is not to say he needs to do a better job at the border and some other issues. I think he has not gone aggressively to hike taxes on corporations and get rid of other loopholes in the tax code. But let’s not pretend he is an idiot or clueless.

Supply chain issues has gripped the entire world just like inflation and gas prices. But people like to blame Biden for these issues when they are happening globally.

Some fair points, the clueless comment was directed at spending trillions to end inflation and it wasn't aimed at him directly. It's sad to see him in the same room with Obama and I mean that, but he did get 12 million more votes than Obama. I think a lot of the world and country have no respect for him. Only time will tell the whole story. A big part of the job is connecting with all the people, but honestly we may never see the likes of guys like JFK or Reagan ever again. There is more than 2 1/2 years to go, we can only hope for more good than bad. God Bless America.

America desperately needs another Ronald Reagan-like figure.

America desperately needs another Ronald Reagan-like figure.
People do not need a Ronald Reagan. Irán-Contra, war on drugs, trickle down economics, exploding national debt, ignoring the AIDS crisis all were bad for the country, . We tend to look back at Reagan and winning the Cold War which he gets credit for. But lots of bad he did. He just did it with a smile.

Reagan was a charismatic figure that got people to believe in the promise of America. We need that desperately again.

People do not need a Ronald Reagan. Irán-Contra, war on drugs, trickle down economics, exploding national debt, ignoring the AIDS crisis all were bad for the country, . We tend to look back at Reagan and winning the Cold War which he gets credit for. But lots of bad he did. He just did it with a smile.
Yet you praise Biden for infrastructure and NATO, but gloss over his failures…Afghanistan withdrawal, inflation, southern border disaster, crime spiking, further divisions, etc. And no smile…

Yet you praise Biden for infrastructure and NATO, but gloss over his failures…Afghanistan withdrawal, inflation, southern border disaster, crime spiking, further divisions, etc. And no smile…
wasnt crime spiking before biden? is every countries current president responsible for their inflation?

Reagan was a charismatic figure that got people to believe in the promise of America. We need that desperately again.
Plus don’t remember Reagan or JFK talking down the other party. Things were getting done, folks were working together for the good of the country.

Not to mention Putin started a war after the colluding president left. Some of this stuff requires a logical thought process. Sometimes rational thinking is not as complicated as it seems.

Anyone who voted for or was OK with deficit spending is responsible for inflation.

Sure, Biden goosed it with his abhorrent 2021 Rescue plan but it's not all on him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT