ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Article/MIT Study

Site your sources.
Why are you giving him a hard time? You are mocking someone that is trying to not contribute to spreading a virus in a pandemic (with someone immunocompromised in the house?) BTW get the vaccine asap if possible.

Never leaving your home is a bit extreme I admit, and could end up being unhealthy... not going to dentist, doctor in person, socializing safely outdoors, seeing people etc can mentally and physically be draining and potentially unhealthy long-term but as far as covid-19 transmission goes, he is helping you, me and everyone else around him.

People like him have sacrificed for all mankind over that last year or so while others certainly have not done their part.

Same goes for all the people that wear masks religiously, they are doing it to protect others (and to a lesser degree themselves).

Stop mocking people trying to help. Just say thank you for doing their part and move on...

My source is the CDC in case you were asking.

Reactions: shufan1993
Why are you giving him a hard time? You are mocking someone that is trying to not contribute to spreading a virus in a pandemic (with someone immunocompromised in the house?) BTW get the vaccine asap if possible.

Never leaving your home is a bit extreme I admit, and could end up being unhealthy... not going to dentist, doctor in person, socializing safely outdoors, seeing people etc can mentally and physically be draining and potentially unhealthy long-term but as far as covid-19 transmission goes, he is helping you, me and everyone else around him.

People like him have sacrificed for all mankind over that last year or so while others certainly have not done their part.

Same goes for all the people that wear masks religiously, they are doing it to protect others (and to a lesser degree themselves).

Stop mocking people trying to help. Just say thank you for doing their part and move on...

Thank you. It is very sad that some posters make fun of me because I have people in household that are very susceptible to the virus. I will continue to take the higher ground and do what's best for me and my family.

It’s not mocking his actions, it’s mocking his phoniness. Siting all these stories and insisting others site their sources yet not siting why what he’s doing is considered healthy. Sorry you didn’t get that and chose to go off in a totally different direction.

My source is common sense and open eyes.

shufan1993 is a troll, that's why.

Reactions: SPK145

In this same thread, he first says he hasn't been out of the house in 14 months and doesn't plan to go out, then asks questions of when Murphy is going to lift mask ban.
Been the same story over and over on this forum board for last year plus, might be time to put back on ignore.

Reactions: shu09
In this same thread, he first says he hasn't been out of the house in 14 months and doesn't plan to go out, then asks questions of when Murphy is going to lift mask ban.
Been the same story over and over on this forum board for last year plus, might be time to put back on ignore.

Ok, I'm staying home because I am protecting my family members. Why can't I also ask when Murphy is going to lift the mask ban? I am for mask wearing but it should be a recommendation soon. Not a requirement. I don't really understand what you are trying to say here.

It’s not mocking his actions, it’s mocking his phoniness. Siting all these stories and insisting others site their sources yet not siting why what he’s doing is considered healthy. Sorry you didn’t get that and chose to go off in a totally different direction.

"Siting all these stories"? What does that even mean? Do you mean "Citing"? You are confusing me when you say "Site Courses". Do you mean "Cite Sources"?

shufan1993 is a troll, that's why.

A troll? Why am I a troll? Because I have decided to stay in my own house during this pandemic? Am I a troll because you disagree with the way I live? Does that fit your definition of a troll?

Could the end be near?

I predict he'll announce all business restrictions will be phased out by May 21 with the exception of the indoor mask mandate. Remember, he's a politician who wants to get re-elected and he needs a big summer at the shore for that to happen.

Also this will be a nothing burger. The Governor is expected to provide guidance on increased capacity for outdoor gatherings and graduations. That's the extent on today's announcement

Yes, would expect most restrictions to be lifted / severely reduced right before Memorial Day, indoor mask mandates will have to stay in place for now.

Next will be interesting when and how private companies start to begin bringing employees back into offices. I think that will be slow/partial process with many starting over the summer, with more in office transisition happening in fall.

As expected, this was a nothing burger.

Amazing how it is has gone from, "we need restrictions to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed" to now, over a year later, "we can't open fully until people get the vaccine."

Classic government bait and switch power grab. The sheep fell for it again.

Amazing how it is has gone from, "we need restrictions to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed" to now, over a year later, "we can't open fully until people get the vaccine."

unfortunately what was the choice?

Yes, would expect most restrictions to be lifted / severely reduced right before Memorial Day, indoor mask mandates will have to stay in place for now.

Next will be interesting when and how private companies start to begin bringing employees back into offices. I think that will be slow/partial process with many starting over the summer, with more in office transisition happening in fall.

This is incorrect. We will not have restrictions reduced right before memorial. Expect indoor masks to be required in NJ for the rest of this year.

Almost like as we learned more, things changed.

And the more we've learned, the more we should recognize how the politicians let us down with incorrecnt, misleading and politicized messaging.

Reactions: shu09
What have we learned that would necessitate this? If anything, we've learned that the virus is not as deadly as once feared, generally doesn't affect young people severely and vulnerable populations have had access to the vaccine for four months. Time to open everything and end this charade.

And the more we've learned, the more we should recognize how the politicians let us down with incorrecnt, misleading and politicized messaging.

Sure. My post was not about politicians. Criticize any and all of them. Doesn't really matter to me. Just pointing out that of course we would not view the virus and risks the same on April 28, 2020 and April 28. 2021.

Hindsight being 20/20, if I were in charge I would have done some things differently, but there are also some things I would have not done differently and my policy would have been to mitigate the risk of spread as much as we reasonably can until we have the right tools available.

What have we learned that would necessitate this? If anything, we've learned that the virus is not as deadly as once feared, generally doesn't affect young people severely and vulnerable populations have had access to the vaccine for four months. Time to open everything and end this charade.

For example... Remember back when you made fun of people here for saying that the virus was airborne?

We learned that it is.

Remember when you said you would support restrictions to keep deaths under 100,000?
Turns out the risks were far greater than you thought they were.

Those were things we didn't know back then.

So we still take steps to mitigate the impact from the virus.

It's almost over, but the steps we took saved lives.

Sure. My post was not about politicians. Criticize any and all of them. Doesn't really matter to me. Just pointing out that of course we would not view the virus and risks the same on April 28, 2020 and April 28. 2021.

Hindsight being 20/20, if I were in charge I would have done some things differently, but there are also some things I would have not done differently and my policy would have been to mitigate the risk of spread as much as we reasonably can until we have the right tools available.
What would your strategy have been to mitigate spread?

For example... Remember back when you made fun of people here for saying that the virus was airborne?

We learned that it is.

Remember when you said you would support restrictions to keep deaths under 100,000?
Turns out the risks were far greater than you thought they were.

Those were things we didn't know back then.

So we still take steps to mitigate the impact from the virus.

It's almost over, but the steps we took saved lives.

I said it wasn't airborne at the time because that's what the people in CDC, other scientists and the government were saying. Obviously they were wrong and I've learned not to take anything they say seriously because of it.

Just like years from now we'll find out that masks were useless, yet people keep pounding that drum.

seton1996 said:

This is incorrect. We will not have restrictions reduced right before memorial. Expect indoor masks to be required in NJ for the rest of this year.
Guess your reading comprehension not so good, I said I expected most restrictions to be lifted or reduced by Memorial Day, not all. I also clearly pointed out indoor masks would not be going away for now.

I said it wasn't airborne at the time because that's what the people in CDC, other scientists and the government were saying. Obviously they were wrong and I've learned not to take anything they say seriously because of it.

Well, no... That is not what they were saying.
That's just you believing what you wanted to believe despite the data saying you were wrong. Just like masks.

im in the camp that the strategy in place did help save lives and limit spread. i mean some of it is common sense.

but were done. we did it. we are now throwing out vaccines because they are expiring. what else can we do?

i think we are ALL in agreement that there is a current charade. this is not what we were sold. these peice meal changes are a dog and pony show. #oldnormalgang

Well, no... That is not what they were saying.
That's just you believing what you wanted to believe despite the data saying you were wrong. Just like masks.

The data says masks make no difference.

Probably fairly similar to what we see today.
You wouldn’t of lock down the borders and contact traced? Looking back, those are pretty obvious strategies that would’ve worked a lot better.

I'd love to see that data that masks make zero difference indoors.
hes already lost this battle. hes legitimately delusional at this point over it. because they dont prevent it completely he vehemently argues they do 0% difference

Look at any graph that compares states with mandates to those without. Case counts follow the same trend.

Hoping you don't fall into the group that doesn't look at facts when it comes to covid.

Look at any graph that compares states with mandates to those without. Case counts follow the same trend.

Hoping you don't fall into the group that doesn't look at facts when it comes to covid.

You realize though that a virus spreads more easily in states which are very densely populated.

You need to be able to compare what things in NJ would have looked like with no mask mandate and what South Dakota for example would have looked like if they did have a mask mandate.

The facts and circumstances are entirely different and you are ignoring any actual analysis including every scientific study that shows that masks help reduce the amount of the virus you are shedding into the area around you and the velocity / how far it can spread.

You think others here are ignoring "facts" and you just completely ignore every actual study on this?

You realize though that a virus spreads more easily in states which are very densely populated.

You need to be able to compare what things in NJ would have looked like with no mask mandate and what South Dakota for example would have looked like if they did have a mask mandate.

The facts and circumstances are entirely different and you are ignoring any actual analysis including every scientific study that shows that masks help reduce the amount of the virus you are shedding into the area around you and the velocity / how far it can spread.

You think others here are ignoring "facts" and you just completely ignore every actual study on this?
its very well known that outdoor states do much better than indoor states. imagine how bad indoor states would be without masks. well, youd be able to imagine it. shu09 is physically incapable from understanding it. its ok, god made him that way. 😄

You guys are completely caught up in covid-mania. I actually feel bad for you. Otherwise smart people who just can't look at the data with an open mind. Stop relying on everything you hear on TV.

It's an airborne virus that has peaks and valleys in its spread. The perfect illustration of why masks don't work for it is when you compare it with the flu. Covid cases ebb and flow while flu cases have been virtually nothing all winter. Why? Because masks WORK for the flu. The flu is a droplet virus. Masks prevent your droplets from being expelled long distances and onto surfaces where transmission occurs. Coronavirus is airborne and the masks only redirect the air. Air finds the path of least resistance and will always escape the mask. It's why people who wear glasses have them fogged up when putting a mask on, air is escaping.

Here is a recent study from MIT. First paragraph: The risk of being exposed to Covid-19 indoors can be as great at 60 feet as it is at 6 feet in a room where the air is mixed — even when wearing a mask, according to a new study by Massachusetts Institute of Technology researchers who challenge social distancing guidelines adopted across the world. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/23/mit...ndoors-at-6-feet-or-60-feet-in-new-study.html

Masks may make a very small difference inside. It's negligible. There are overwhelming real world examples of this. Here are some more graphs showing how mask mandates have no control on the flow of coronavirus cases, up or down:

It's an airborne virus that has peaks and valleys in its spread. The perfect illustration of why masks don't work for it is when you compare it with the flu. Covid cases ebb and flow while flu cases have been virtually nothing all winter. Why? Because masks WORK for the flu. The flu is a droplet virus. Masks prevent your droplets from being expelled long distances and onto surfaces where transmission occurs. Coronavirus is airborne and the masks only redirect the air. Air finds the path of least resistance and will always escape the mask. It's why people who wear glasses have them fogged up when putting a mask on, air is escaping.

Here is a recent study from MIT. First paragraph: The risk of being exposed to Covid-19 indoors can be as great at 60 feet as it is at 6 feet in a room where the air is mixed — even when wearing a mask, according to a new study by Massachusetts Institute of Technology researchers who challenge social distancing guidelines adopted across the world. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/23/mit...ndoors-at-6-feet-or-60-feet-in-new-study.html

Masks may make a very small difference inside. It's negligible. There are overwhelming real world examples of this. Here are some more graphs showing how mask mandates have no control on the flow of coronavirus cases, up or down:

maybe take the time to actually read that study you just posted?

"Finally, the fact that face mask directives have been more effective than either lockdowns or social distancing in controlling the spread of COVID-19 (22, 33) is consistent with indoor airborne transmission as the primary driver of the global pandemic."

Ref 22 -

"We conclude that wearing of face masks in public corresponds to the most effective means to prevent interhuman transmission, and this inexpensive practice, in conjunction with simultaneous social distancing, quarantine, and contact tracing, represents the most likely fighting opportunity to stop the COVID-19 pandemic."

Ref 33-
"In summary, our modelling analyses provide support for the immediate, universal adoption of facemasks by the public"

So how do you square that with the first paragraph of the article and the fact that states with mask mandates have not done any better than those without?

Don't give me some baloney about population density either. Look at Michigan. Big surge and masked up like no other. It's the restrictions that create the conditions for increased spread.

America was founded on freedom. We should remember that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT