ADVERTISEMENT

Iona Game Cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we have unvac players then they cant play in NYC - that is the same reason as to why KI is not playing for Brooklyn - So we were never going to be able to play Iona and we cant play St Johns at the Garden - Then we have to worry about BET !!!
Simple solution to this. Get vaccinated !!!
I have been enjoying this season like no other in a long time. I naively assumed the entire team and staff was vaccinated. For it to be otherwise is colossal ignorance. This whole freedom over public health debate is evil and depraved. Take me “off the ship” or ban me. I don’t care. 800 thousand people are dead, and we’re worried about forfeits ? Good Lord.

Several schools are cancelling by the hour, same problem in NBA and NHL too. Depaul vs Northwestern cancelled, Penn State vs VCU cancelled, UK vs Ohio State cancelled and more. Not a Willard strategy thing, its all over the place and more cancellations will be coming, just watch.
Don’t ALL students at Seton Hall need to be vaccinated?

Reactions: silkcitypirate
So no other Big East team is having problems just us when were suddenly having a great season AGAIN ???

Simple solution to this. Get vaccinated !!!
I have been enjoying this season like no other in a long time. I naively assumed the entire team and staff was vaccinated. For it to be otherwise is colossal ignorance. This whole freedom over public health debate is evil and depraved. Take me “off the ship” or ban me. I don’t care. 800 thousand people are dead, and we’re worried about forfeits ? Good Lord.
Breakthrough cases are common and very few college students testing positive end up in the hospital, much less a morgue.

COVID to a healthy person is milder than the flu. I'm 62 and double vaccinated, had a sore throat for three days and experienced no other symptoms (mine was a breakthrough case). Had the CDC reported data in a way that we know how many deaths occurred among those who were healthy vs. those who were vulnerable, we'd be able to get back to normal living.

Don't know exact protocols for the NCAA, they should just require a negative test that would allow a previously infected athlete to play. No quarantine or mandatory sit out.

The COVID 19 virus is not going away and we need to learn how to deal with it.

Reactions: Burnsly
If you are vaccinated you don’t get gravely I’ll. It doesn’t prevent you from getting the virus. You can get it and be asymptomatic. Asymptomatic carriers can infect others who then can get really sick because they aren’t vaccinated. Over 1,000 people a day are dying from it. 98% of the deaths are unvaccinated. It seems like anyone who says otherwise is lying. Get vaccinated or get COVID and have a pretty good chance of dying. Your choice. With Omicron, there is a 75% higher chance of getting the virus, vaccinated or not. If you are not, you have a 98% higher chance of dying vs those who are. It’s just the facts.

Then why send them home to their parents and grandparents?
Ask Cornell. I’m sure they weighed the risk of keeping others who didn’t test positive. They also cancelled their basketball game with Bryant and likely Syracuse.

Last edited:
If you are vaccinated you don’t get gravely I’ll. It doesn’t prevent you from getting the virus. You can get it and be asymptomatic. Asymptomatic carriers can infect others who then can get really sick because they aren’t vaccinated. Over 1,000 people a day are dying from it. 98% of the deaths are unvaccinated. It seems like anyone who says otherwise is lying. Get vaccinated or get COVID and have a pretty good chance of dying. Your choice. With Omicron, there is a 75% higher chance of getting the virus, vaccinated or not. If you are not, you have a 98% higher chance of dying vs those who are. It’s just the facts.

Hospitals are being compensated for covid deaths. These incentives skew the death toll numbers. Killed in a motorcycle accident while having a mild covid case? It's being counted as a covid death. And btw, the mantra that those getting gravely ill and dying are predominantly the unvaxxed is a lie.

Hospitals are being compensated for covid deaths. These incentives skew the death toll numbers. Killed in a motorcycle accident while having a mild covid case? It's being counted as a covid death. And btw, the mantra that those getting gravely ill and dying are predominantly the unvaxxed is a lie.
Please dont spread stuff like this....it is insulting to the doctors and nurses that will take care of you (and your family, etc) when you need them.

Having worked in healthcare for 40 years, most of it in hospitals, including now, I can tell you outside of the outlier cheats (which exist in every walk of life) hospitals absolutely do not...and could not...do what you describe.

Coding rules, audits, you have no idea the scrutiny hospitals are under at every step. are mistakes made? of course....just as you have undoubtedly made in your job.
but uniformly "miscoding" deaths as COVID...from a motorcycle accident?

like I said...insulting. please really dont do that

Just get vaccinated!
I’m vaccinated and just got covid the other night at the Texas game. Second time for me, very complex virus which effects everyone differently. Just get vaccinated comment just shows how misinform we are as a population. Hopefully you don’t died because you are vaccinated but it still can kick your ass. Depends on the individual.

I’m vaccinated and just got covid the other night at the Texas game. Second time for me, very complex virus which effects everyone differently. Just get vaccinated comment just shows how misinform we are as a population. Hopefully you don’t died because you are vaccinated but it still can kick your ass. Depends on the individual.
So you are saying don’t get vaccinated?

It's comical that people think the vaccines are the answer. The Browns, Rams, and Lakers aren't those teams vaccinated? Aren't they having problems? So how would the vaccine have saved SHU when it didn't save them.

You can't fix stupid. These people are too far gone and brainwashed. Covid has knocked the common sense out of them.

Reactions: flconticello

You are an idiot, respectfully.

I thought so shame on me and greater shame on the university
No. All you need to do is say you have a personal reason to not take it. Only requirement is to be tested weekly. If f negative you can attend class like everyone else. Even this is ridiculous. If you feel sick. Stay home. If not back to life.

It's comical that people think the vaccines are the answer. The Browns, Rams, and Lakers aren't those teams vaccinated? Aren't they having problems? So how would the vaccine have saved SHU when it didn't save them.
It helps in terms of protocol. A vaccinated player could potentially return this weekend and would almost definitely return next weekend. An unvaccinated player is out for 2 games.

he Rams added Odell Beckham Jr and Justin Hollins to the COVID-19 reserve list this week, among others, but it is possible that all vaccinated players will be allowed to re-join the team in time for Sunday’s game as long as they test negative for COVID-19

Reactions: JoePeppitone2012
Thank god there are still some with a functioning brain out there. Can’t believe how many lemmings are amongst us.

It helps in terms of protocol. A vaccinated player could potentially return this weekend and would almost definitely return next weekend. An unvaccinated player is out for 2 games.

he Rams added Odell Beckham Jr and Justin Hollins to the COVID-19 reserve list this week, among others, but it is possible that all vaccinated players will be allowed to re-join the team in time for Sunday’s game as long as they test negative for COVID-19
In terms of sports yes. In terms of overall health? Who knows. At this point nobody knows. And the players are adults who probably take care of their bodies better than the majority of us do. So from a health perspective they may take the gamble, and it’s a gamble any direction you go, they think this is the better way to go and sports is second to their overall health.

Thank god there are still some with a functioning brain out there. Can’t believe how many lemmings are amongst us.

These people all make decisions based on emotion rather than facts and reality. Unfortunately, our government policy does the same. You have to strip emotion out in order to make rational decisions when faced with difficult decisions.

The misinformation is so rampant on this thread. Some of you all need lessons in empathy. I can’t read this garbage anymore.
If you lost someone from COVID I’m truly sorry. My wife’s grandmother - elderly - passed at the absolute beginning of this and while not conclusive we think it could be related. Someone in your shoes must have difficulty rooting for our team under the circumstances.

If you lost someone from COVID I’m truly sorry. My wife’s grandmother - elderly - passed at the absolute beginning of this and while not conclusive we think it could be related. Someone in your shoes must have difficulty rooting for our team under the circumstances.
Thank you, I did. I’m lucky that everyone in my circle now is relatively healthy and lower risk from dangerous diseases, so rooting for the team is not an issue for me. Though my support doesn’t depend on being in the stands… I’d cheer for them from Antarctica if I had to.

These people all make decisions based on emotion rather than facts and reality. Unfortunately, our government policy does the same. You have to strip emotion out in order to make rational decisions when faced with difficult decisions.
The response to this, in certain states, has been irrational from the start. As I’ve railed before, my young kids still have to wear masks all day in school but can play basketball 25 feet down the hall at 5 pm unmasked against other unmasked kids from other communities, besides our own. Have never been given a satisfactory explanation on that.

Reactions: shu09
Thank you, I did. I’m lucky that everyone in my circle now is relatively healthy and lower risk from dangerous diseases, so rooting for the team is not an issue for me. Though my support doesn’t depend on being in the stands… I’d cheer for them from Antarctica if I had to.
I didn’t mean from that perspective. The vaccine issue seems important to you, and I (unlike others) respect peoples views on that, regardless of where I stand. The fact that we have unvaccinated players must bother you.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
The response to this, in certain states, has been irrational from the start. As I’ve railed before, my young kids still have to wear masks all day in school but can play basketball 25 feet down the hall at 5 pm unmasked against other unmasked kids from other communities, besides our own. Have never been given a satisfactory explanation on that.

I doubt you'll get one. All about cowardice and virtue signaling. Thankfully your young children are not at risk from covid but it's terrible that their development is being stunted by this garbage.

In terms of sports yes. In terms of overall health? Who knows. At this point nobody knows. And the players are adults who probably take care of their bodies better than the majority of us do. So from a health perspective they may take the gamble, and it’s a gamble any direction you go, they think this is the better way to go and sports is second to their overall health.
Its a sports board so I'm sticking to how this effects the players in terms of participation. I have no horse in the other fight.

I just keep calling back to the origins of all this; when all we were concerned about was trying to prevent mass casualties. Here we are 2 years later, 60-70% of the country is vaccinated (maybe I'm off here, please forgive me) and we do not have mass deaths and never did, and now we're still isolating people because they are asymptomatic carriers.

We chastise children and college students for not being single, double, triple vaccinated against something that has proven itself to be minor in 99% of all situations. The virus is clearly mutating, clearly weakening, and yet we seem to be going backwards in terms of logic and against what we were originally trying to prevent.

COVID is never going to go away, ever. I think many people are under this mistaken belief that we can vaccinate it away. It's not going to happen and we should be happy that such a weak strain is spreading, it's going to allow our bodies to understand, fight against, and naturally immunize and protect us from it and future iterations of it.

Continually jabbing ourselves with vaccine cocktails clearly does not guarantee us a force field's protection from COVID. However, I'm of the mind (and evidently many scientists agree if you use a search engine other than Google) that we run the risk of destroying our body's ability to defend itself if we keep spiking it with unnecessary vaccination.

I remember years ago there being an uptick in concern about eventual human resistance to pencillin and antibiotics. Why? Because doctors kept cramming it down our throats and into our veins for every illness, big or small and, someday, our body will treat it like a heroin addiction and need it just to stay at baseline - it won't even help us anymore. Why is this a real, legitimate concern but doing the same thing through vaccination not?

And what exactly is logical about one person testing negative being able to play and one person testing negative not being able to play?

I didn’t mean from that perspective. The vaccine issue seems important to you, and I (unlike others) respect peoples views on that, regardless of where I stand. The fact that we have unvaccinated players must bother you.
To an extent. I can’t say I know their stories, so I can’t judge too harshly, but it is frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT