ADVERTISEMENT

Iona/Manhattan tonight

Save Continental

All American
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2006
Big rivalry and a very good game to decide the MAAC tonight in Albany. Too bad they can't find a smaller gym to play this at, or even the higher seed's home court. Instead the MAAC tourney gets a little bit of a sterile vibe with that setting at the Pepsi Center. Iona swept the season series winning by a combined 7 pts.

I'll pull for Cluess over Masiello here.

Great game, high quality hoops and coaches. ( 2 guys that should be on the list for the next Hall coach ?, Did I just open another can of worms, should just keep my mouth shut, LOL ? )

I also agree with your opinion regarding the venue, would look Big Time if Siena ever found a way to the finals, they can pack that place when they are winning, I think it seats 14 k plus.

Putting it in New Rochelle would at least give Iona a huge advantage tonight.

So Iona wins 4 more conf games than Manhattan, sweeps the season series, but none of that counts for a hill of beans now as it all comes down to tonight. I really hate that but don't know how to fix it other than loading up on advantages for the 1 seed. The only realistic options are putting the games in the 1 seed's court, giving them as many byes as possible in the tourney (like an automatic berth in the semis), or making it a double-elimination for the 1 seed. The last part will never happen as all the tv packages would get screwed up, but at least it tips the scales to the 1 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT