ADVERTISEMENT

It’s official: Kadary to St. John’s

I agree, but there's a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it. Hurley was kind of hot about it so I suspect that in his perception the Providence staff crossed the line.
Perhaps. And the Floyd stuff was also before the intra-conference transfer stuff and portal stuff became more than norm.

Or it could be Hurley was hot because he's a Hurley lol.

Reactions: CL82
Part of me wants to join the boo birds. He let us down in a key stretch last year, and now the Johnnies get him? But, what I'm really booing is the NIL mess. It's just ruining something we love. So, I won't boo him, but I will feel the schadenfreude if (when?) he underperforms at STJ too.

Does he have the right to do so? Of course. It's legal. Is it correct? It is as long as that player is comfortable knifing the people who effectively funded his past season, shanking the coaching staff that actually did unlock his potential, and taking a dump on the doorstep of everything we idealize about Seton Hall basketball. That's the bargain he chose.

He crapped on his legacy here by going to St. Johns and doesn't deserve any cheering in my opinion. Its not like I want to see him hurt but man I really don't get some of you. You're still gonna cheer him?

Life will go on but this was a slimy move. I did work in a big St. Johns fans home today, not a fun morning.

I agree, but there's a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it. Hurley was kind of hot about it so I suspect that in his perception the Providence staff crossed the line.
What is Hurley not hot about?

Reactions: CL82
wonder if he will have general soreness as a Johnnie? Would love to see Slick Rick’s reaction to that.

It's a shame the people who questioned this as it happened were ridiculed.
More than ridiculated. More like excoriated. Called non-fans. Told what a great kid "Kooks" is and who are we to speculate that something more was in the works, when you consider the situation, Sha's statements and press conference that followed in which (I think) Dawes and Bediako looked like they were in a hostage video when asked about it. To be fair, we weren't even really killing Richmond because he knows his body better than anyone, and if he was feeling really banged up of how many minutes and how physical he was playing, of course that's understandable. But the point was logic indicated something was off with what was transpiring and when that was pointed out (as fans are prone to do on college message boards), there was the usual response.

His relationship with Pitino is going to be interesting. On the one hand, I agree with 09 and others point that it has the potential to combust if he pulls nonsense with practice, effort and the like. It also seems they have depth that Pitino can play if he pulls anything. On the other, Kadary is basically a free agent in a walk year when it comes to his professional options. There is no more returning to the friendly confines of college, where as a 22/23 year old he can get away with things he won't or can't against pros. Point is, he's playing for a potential pro career and related $ more now than ever. So maybe the light bulb fully turns on, because we know he's an very good player and actually was that consistently this past year for the first time in his tenure, which I chalk up to maturity more than anything else.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out at next level. There is a chance his highest earning year could be one at St. John’s. I don’t blame him for leaving just wished he went out of conference. I am not even saying something was in the works with St. John’s , just think we was not going to risk injury at Hall with a future big payday coming at another school. He was being cautious.

Last edited:
More than questioned. More like excoriated.

His relationship with Pitino is going to be interesting. On the one hand, I agree with 09 and others point that it has the potential to combust if pulls nonsense with practice, effort and the like. On the other, Kadary is basically a free agent in a walk year when it comes to his professional options. There is no more returning to the friendly confines of college, where as a 22/23 year old he can get away with things he won't or can't against pros. So maybe the light bulb fully turns on, because we know he's an very good player and actually was that consistently this past year for the first time in his tenure, which I chalk up to maturity more than anything else.
With the money being offered, I'm sure these fake NIL deals have a lot of language in there that will make it difficult for players to get paid if they don't walk the company line. Maybe I'm wrong the inmates are running the asylum, but I have to believe the people investing this money aren't putting up with an 18-23 year olds crap.

With the money being offered, I'm sure these fake NIL deals have a lot of language in there that will make it difficult for players to get paid if they don't walk the company line. Maybe I'm wrong the inmates are running the asylum, but I have to believe the people investing this money aren't putting up with an 18-23 year olds crap.
Good point. And folks wielding that type of money aren't afraid to hire lawyers to resolve problems, resources that some of these kids may not have or be able to afford.

Good point. And folks wielding that type of money aren't afraid to hire lawyers to resolve problems, resources that some of these kids may not have or be able to afford.
Just to add this is possibly Kadary's last year looking at this money. It's not like he can flip Pitino the bird and get paid more next year. If he fights city hall and they don't pay him, this is his last chance at this NIL thing. I have to believe he and every other senior in the country will be on their best behavior because more 99% of them this will be their best offer ever.

For that reason I don't see the implosion. And while many might not like what Kadary did, I've never heard anyone say he's a trouble maker or a bad dude. Yeah he wants his money and this is the deal he wanted so I don't see the implosion at all. to make sure he gets it all. I wouldn't doubt a crazy amount like 30% of it is offered after the season.

He only had to go to class first semester and accumulate 12 credits. Rest of the year he can enjoy his $$$

Really, IMO WGAS about Richmond now. He came here, he played well, he’s taking a bigger check from SJU. There is no personal connection as far as I’m concerned.

Will never know the truth but his mail ins against SJU in the BET and then St. Joes are certainly suspect. The “soreness”? Who knows now.

But at this point can we end the multiple Kadary threads?

I know you are thoroughly invested in crapping all over this college kid, but where do you get off? You talk about loyalty and honor like this is the Marine Corps, but it's college basketball.

"College kid", ha. He'll be 23 before the season tips off, that's older than 99% of adults starting their first jobs out of college. I'm sure he's a big boy and can handle the negativity coming his way at the Rock.

You have your opinions on loyalty, I'll have mine.

My recollection is that Boeheim said Richmond lacked work ethic, which seems correct. It was certainly correct at the time. Regardless, the kid became one the best players in college basketball, which renders Boeheim's opinion kind of worthless.
One of the best players in college basketball? That’s an extreme stretch.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out at next level. There is a chance his highest earning year could be one at St. John’s. I don’t blame him for leaving just wished he went out of conference. I am not even saying something was in the works with St. John’s , just think we was not going to risk injury at Hall with a future big payday coming at another school. He was being cautious.
Then why did he play five games in the NIT? The season was over after the NCAA snub but he played, risking injury.

Before the NIT game when reports came out that Slick was contacting players that were not in the portal and "still actively playing" , I mentioned here that Kadary was certainly one of those players. In a way SJU HAD to close him to save Rick from any potential NCAA investigations. Just to keep him quiet.

Before the NIT game when reports came out that Slick was contacting players that were not in the portal and "still actively playing" , I mentioned here that Kadary was certainly one of those players. In a way SJU HAD to close him to save Rick from any potential NCAA investigations. Just to keep him quiet.
By hiring Pitino, St. John's has sold it's instutional soul to the devil...just to win games. (Last year that didn't go so well 😂).

Hurley has said that there is tampering happening in the big east, but he did not name names. He absolutely did say it happened regarding Corey Floyd Junior and his move to Providence before Cooley left.
Perhaps besides the point, but I never saw Floyd making it at UCONN. He completely blindsided Danny when he decided to come a year earlier than was planned. Felt he was looking to leave and saw the handwriting on the wall.

He’s an all American candidate and the #1 player in the portal. What would you call that?
Majority of college basketball fans have never even heard of him.

Because a website calls him the No. 1 player in the portal doesn’t make it so.

He’s a good player, no doubt, but let’s be realistic.

People here calling him an all-time SHU great are also out of their minds. He’s no better than dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of others. Way too many indifferent efforts to be viewed as anything else.

There. Are. No. Rules. Anymore.

Reactions: GloryDays85

People here calling him an all-time SHU great are also out of their minds. He’s no better than dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of others. Way too many indifferent efforts to be viewed as anything else.

Name 3 dozen SHU point guards that are as good as KR

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
I believe he was talking about all players.

As far as point guards who were better...

Barrett and Sha as far as I am concerned. The hatred/betrayal is clouding the judgement of many posters.

A majority of college basketball fans don’t know anyone outside their own team and some other players in their team's conference. I'm not sure what that matters anyway, considering I never said Richmond is popular or widely known. Nor did I say he’s an all-time SHU great. I said he's one of the best players in college basketball today.

If you don't think that's correct, name 20 who are better. He's the only returning 1st team player in the BE, a top 3 conference. He's the number 1 transfer according to ESPN, 247 sports, and Evan Miya. He's a top 5-10 transfer according to multiple other sites.

I'm happy to debate this, but you'll need to do better than strawmen arguments and irrelevant nonsense about what a "majority of college basketball fans" think to convince me otherwise.

Last edited:
OK. Name at least 96 SHU players that are as good or better than him.
Someone else used the 100 number, not me.

But there’s no way that I consider him an all-time great.
He has the talent, but he had way to many indifferent performances to earn that status from me.

Just use the St John’s game at the BET as an example. That was one of many that we saw from him.

NCAA investigation in the Wild Wild West is a comical thought. The only thing that counts these days is how big of a gun you bring to the shootout.

There are no rules anymore. That was the NCAA’s call and the football schools. Every big time coach is contacting players all season long. If they aren’t, then they are idiots.

This has been going on for decades in college football. You think top football players who were flipping on signing day the last 20 years were not contacted prior by the schools they changed to…LOL

Last edited:
I believe he was talking about all players.

As far as point guards who were better...

Barrett and Sha as far as I am concerned. The hatred/betrayal is clouding the judgement of many posters.
He missed the final 1/3 of his 2nd season maybe due to lack of strength training with the back and then of course pulled the stunt this past season which impacted a bid. If anything he was the Bo Jackson of shu lore.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT