ADVERTISEMENT

It’s official: Kadary to St. John’s

Can I return my Kadary shirts and get my NIL money back? JOKING!!! (kinda)

• Haha
Reactions: HallB
He could of gone to 340 D1 schools. He showed a complete lack of respect for Sha, his teammates, his school and the fanbase. It is all about Kadary, which I guess we knew when he sat out for being sore. He isn't in the same league as Sha, Barrett, Whitehead, etc. Sorry, he's a complete traitor transferring to St. Johns and I look forward to watching he and them fail.

I know you are thoroughly invested in crapping all over this college kid, but where do you get off? You talk about loyalty and honor like this is the Marine Corps, but it's college basketball.

Reactions: dehere23
I was right next to Pitino at a HS gym in Fl. He is really an arrogant wimp.

It's definately a jilted lover thing. This is NOT the same as tranferring from Duke to NC; it's closer to transferring from NC state to Virginia. Kooks gave us his all, improved every year and eventually led us to an NIT 'chip. He is the model for a student-athlete in 2024. Im not going to boo like an imbecile because he made the best decision for him and his family.

Yes, it is disappointing when i consider my own personal outlook, but I am happy for Kadary.

If you can call them jilted lovers, they can call you cucks.

My guess is that the Shaheen/Kadary relationship was a complicated one. Didn’t help if loyalty played into this at all.

I have to say KR’s quote about joining his new team sounded like he was going to play at Duke or Kentucky not St John’s. Especially a day after the had another PG transfer in. Doesn’t feel right. Good Luck

It's definately a jilted lover thing. This is NOT the same as tranferring from Duke to NC; it's closer to transferring from NC state to Virginia. Kooks gave us his all, improved every year and eventually led us to an NIT 'chip. He is the model for a student-athlete in 2024. Im not going to boo like an imbecile because he made the best decision for him and his family.

Yes, it is disappointing when i consider my own personal outlook, but I am happy for Kadary.
Again—you actually kind of supported my questionable fanbase statement.

The simple fact that you think Kadary gave us his all tells me you’re clearly not watching the games as much.

He played hard when he felt like it. And didn’t play hard when he didn’t want to—that was VERY evident.

As for your comparisons to schools around: Virginia is NOT NC State’s rival.

If you want to call this more of a Xavier to Cincinnati thing, then fine.

But I hope fans recognize this for what it is. It’s a move to a team that’s just over the Hudson, plays in the same conference and schedules home games on their campus arena for fear of too many SHU fans at The Garden.

If fans like you politely clap and “appreciate” his time here, then I hope not many of you go to The Rock

If you can call them jilted lovers, they can call you cucks.

Idk man, it hurts me to see Kadary get destroyed like this by our fanbase. Does that make me a cuck? I feel like he is top-5 talent in SHU basketball since 2000. He was the best player on the court for most of the games this year. He supported the school. He stayed for 3 years. Honestly, i just wish the kid the best.

Idk man, it hurts me to see Kadary get destroyed like this by our fanbase. Does that make me a cuck? I feel like he is top-5 talent in SHU basketball since 2000. He was the best player on the court for most of the games this year. He supported the school. He stayed for 3 years. Honestly, i just wish the kid the best.

Yeah. I'm not upset by this. Who really thought in the age of NIL we were going to keep KR for a 4th year when teams were offering him 1 mil+?

And he is statistically one of our best guards of all time with Sha, Dre, MP, Morton, etc - no matter what the haters say.

But it's going to be gross watching him in red when we play StJ

You are not a SHU fan from 2000, I am going to name the players that were better- Sha, Eddie Griffin, Andre Barret, Isaiah Whitehead, Angel Delgado, Khadeen Carrington, Myles Powell

Yeah. I'm not upset by this. Who really thought in the age of NIL we were going to keep KR for a 4th year when teams were offering him 1 mil+?

And he is statistically one of our best guards of all time with Sha, Dre, MP, Morton, etc - no matter what the haters say.

But it's going to be gross watching him in red when we play StJ
He's also from New York. Can't fault him for choosing to play for much bigger pay one borough from home.

Reactions: DIMEDISHA13
Off the top of my head, he may be top 10…. MAY

Reactions: donnie_baseball
What Kadary did is so messed up. Anyone with a shred of loyalty understands you don't do what he just did.
Exactly. We got people on here acting like St. John's was the only other place offering him money and he had no choice. Dude could have went anywhere in the country and made a bankroll at a number of different places, including places like Duke that could have just as easily opened a lot of doors for him.

It really is ok sometimes to not suck up every last dollar on the floor.

I know you are thoroughly invested in crapping all over this college kid, but where do you get off? You talk about loyalty and honor like this is the Marine Corps, but it's college basketball.
He stopped being just a "college kid" when the six figures checks coming off the backs of fans started getting cashed. If he owes us nothing, then the sentiment is mutual. He doesn't need our well wishes, he's got plenty of them now in his St. Johns credit union account.

This is different. You have the backing of a billionaire. Without that one guy SJU is no better than us.
Kurtz' net worth is worth 2.5 times that of Repole. He's just not obsessed with Seton Hall basketball like Repole is with St. John's.

This won't end anytime soon. The NIL feeding trough is there at St. John's for as long as Repole and Pitino are besties.

Thr good thing is the best team money can buy isn't always the best team. St. John's kicked our butt in the BE tournament and Kadary pulled a disappearing act. Let's see if Pitino can get the maximum out of Kadary.

If I had Kurtz net worth I would show up Repole. Make it a SHU vs SJU.

He'll win 0 NCAA games there, just like he did here. Wait until Rick encounters his lack of motor, his bad back acts up, or when Rick realizes he can't shoot. Going to be epic watching that implosion.
This 100%. It was considered sacrilegious to say for years but now that he’s gone I think we can all agree, Richmond very rarely gave a full effort. We know this because he was absolutely dominant when fully engaged, but those moments were few and far between.

Somehow I don’t think 7 figures in the bank account and a coach who gives him no quarter is going to change that.

I give it until mid January before the bus gets backed up over him. “Kadary Richmond is too slow laterally”

Reactions: shu09
legendary thread. Love reading the word loyalty on here 100 times about players who come from a system where they’re on multiple AAU teams, on 3 different HS teams in 4 years, and people thought that they’d be loyal here. I bet a lot of college players have played for rival schools, AAU programs and they don’t care. They’re
going to be loyal to themselves and themselves only. The guys who left here went to a better spot for them and the guys who came here had a better spot here than where they were. Next year the same cycle will happen.

Same could be said for every player the last 3 years. For us, no Dawes or Bediako last season.

Well, when you play the “he’s a college kid”’ card, characterize any SHU fan who boos him at the St. John’s game as an “imbecile,” profess how “happy” you are for Kadary, and then lament how “hurt” you are to see Kadary getting “destroyed” by our fanbase, I’d say you’re falling on the cuck side of the line here…

wow you are a big cuck chair at the hotel guy huh?

• Haha
Reactions: sussexcopirate
I bet you if we had the chance to pick up Zach Edey or Donovan Clingan we wouldn’t be worrying about their loyalty.

For Christ’s sake, we just “pouched” an ODU 2 time all conference player in Jenkins. I bet he is not getting slaughtered from his Alma mater.

He'll win 0 NCAA games there, just like he did here. Wait until Rick encounters his lack of motor, his bad back acts up, or when Rick realizes he can't shoot. Going to be epic watching that implosion.
Rick said in a tweet Tuesday Kadary is a jump shot away from playing for the knicks...can a traditional not great shooter with unique mechanics become a decent shooter with normalized mechanics in 5 months? I would think he needs twice a day instruction across the full summer and the want to to then put up another 1000 shots on a 6th day each week. Not sure he is wired for that and not sure the best college coach of my time can will it out of him

I bet you if we had the chance to pick up Zach Edey or Donovan Clingan we wouldn’t be worrying about their loyalty.

For Christ’s sake, we just “pouched” an ODU 2 time all conference player in Jenkins. I bet he is not getting slaughtered from his Alma mater.

You still don't get it. Its St. Johns. Wha do ODU and SHU have in common? Nothing.

Do you see people killing Dre Davis? Nope.

If you see nothing wrong here than I question your competitiveness.

You still don't get it. Its St. Johns. WTF do ODU and SHU have in common? Nothing.

I’m not sure what is so hard to understand about this. It’s not the transfer — that’s just part of the game now — it’s the destination. It’s a knife in the back and he can’t come back from it.

You still don't get it. Its St. Johns. WTF do ODU and SHU have in common? Nothing.

It’s just different this time because it’s a transfer who was our best player. If it was a lesser transfer, like Wusu coming here from there, it wouldn’t register the same. Even a good player like Posh - who we apparently wanted as a transfer last year and was a good player at SJU - wouldn’t resonate the same.

Similar to the recruiting battles because we’ve had those with a number of BE rivals (Sanogo coming and then not coming and leading Uconn to a title wasn’t exactly fun). Us obvious continuing to recruit Sanders after he committed and getting him to flip. Us stealing Whitehead at the 11th hour when he was going there because Willard agreed to hire shady Tiny and Lavin wouldn’t.

This one just stings now but it’s the portal world we live in. Everyone’s doing it and unfortunately it’s the norm. As pro sports fans, we are used to stuff like this in those sports because of free agency. But folks aren’t used to this yet in college.

Reactions: radecicco
It’s just different this time because it’s a transfer who was our best player. If it was a lesser transfer, like Wusu coming here from there, it wouldn’t register the same. Even a good player like Posh - who we apparently wanted as a transfer last year and was a good player at SJU - wouldn’t resonate the same.

Similar to the recruiting battles because we’ve had those with a number of BE rivals (Sanogo coming and then not coming and leading Uconn to a title wasn’t exactly fun). Us obvious continuing to recruit Sanders after he committed and getting him to flip. Us stealing Whitehead at the 11th hour when he was going there because Willard agreed to hire shady Tiny and Lavin wouldn’t.

This one just stings now but it’s the portal world we live in. Everyone’s doing it and unfortunately it’s the norm. As pro sports fans, we are used to stuff like this in those sports because of free agency. But folks aren’t used to this yet in college.
Again, it’s strictly and only about where he went. Dre was just about as good and most people here were pretty sanguine about his decision to go to Ole Miss, where he’ll effectively be invisible here. But you go to our biggest in-conference rival and give them a discount at that? You’re done here. It’s unforgivable.

But here’s the thing:

I’m not blasting the St. John’s fan base. Of course they should welcome Kadary in and be happy.

And we should too if it were the reverse.

But there is no way in hell that I would find a St. John’s fan wish a player like Champagnie well if he played an extra season at Seton Hall. To me they would need their head examined.

It’s because it’s about not just talent, but the continuity of Richmond and the time he’s already spent here.

We did not poach the ODU guard, Chaunce. He entered the portal. But Kadary was contacted long before he entered the portal and bribed into it. I have a prudent suspicion based on plenty of evidence that Slick Rick was one of those poaching suitors, which makes this even more stinky. True to his normal modus operandi, Rick did it his way. The little squirt will get his comeuppance some day.

Last edited:
Again, it’s strictly and only about where he went. Dre was just about as good and most people here were pretty sanguine about his decision to go to Ole Miss, where he’ll effectively be invisible here. But you go to our biggest in-conference rival and give them a discount at that? You’re done here. It’s unforgivable.
don’t hate the player, hate the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT