ADVERTISEMENT

J&J Vaccine Reaction

Perhaps better advice would be “talk to your physician if you are concerned”

Also good advice. SHUSA is a smart guy, I doubt he was planning on ignoring the issue because I said don't worry.

You've never said to a friend "Don't worry, I'm sure you will be ok" Maybe turn off the hyper critical bullshit for a moment and realize I was just offering a small gesture...

Perhaps better advice would be “talk to your physician if you are concerned”
dont worry she is. just to at least cover her bases. i actually need to get my own phycisian since switching to a ppo thanks for reminding me

Reactions: HALL85
More reason you need to do your own research and ask questions. When you ask to choose a specific vaccine, you are told “they are all safe and effective”....and you are led to believe there is no difference in them....in most locations you are not given a choice. If they are all safe and effective, why is one being paused now and unavailable?

And as a reminder, this is a live clinical trial. Normally, drugs are never released under these circumstances. I am not suggesting not to vaccinate, but you need to listen through the way things are presented.

Last edited:
Reactions: shu09
More reason you need to do your own research and ask questions. When you ask to choose a specific vaccine, you are told “they are safe and effective”....in most locations you are not given a choice. If they are all safe and effective, why is one being paused now and unavailable?
i think a lot of this has to do with coordinated media attack. JJ has been wrongly blown up about efficacy (which might be stronger against the variants) and now its being crushed for blood clots. but what are the numbers for the others?

seems to be a lot of heat against JJ when is it really that different ?

Agreed. People seem to be having the nastiest reactions to the double dose shots too.

I think a good rule of thumb is if you're under 40-50 and in overall good health, you probably don't need this vaccine. If you're over that age and/or in poor health, it's a great idea to get it. Worth the risk.

This is essentially what Dr. Martin Kulldorff has said -- a Harvard epidemiologist who has had the best views on this virus (and the reaction to it) in my opinion from the start. He argues we should have done everything to protect older folks (mitigation and vaccines) but younger folks should go about their lives.

Agreed. People seem to be having the nastiest reactions to the double dose shots too.

I think a good rule of thumb is if you're under 40-50 and in overall good health, you probably don't need this vaccine. If you're over that age and/or in poor health, it's a great idea to get it. Worth the risk.

This is essentially what Dr. Martin Kulldorff has said -- a Harvard epidemiologist who has had the best views on this virus (and the reaction to it) in my opinion from the start. He argues we should have done everything to protect older folks (mitigation and vaccines) but younger folks should go about their lives.
You always agree with me that’s it’s a personal decision and people shouldn’t be shamed/pressured but you advocate a lot

You always agree with me that’s it’s a personal decision and people shouldn’t be shamed/pressured but you advocate a lot

I think each person should make the choice that's best for themselves.

yea now im freaking out a bit. here i thought this one would be safer and signed my gf up for it who now is in the one demographic this seems to happen to. feeling pretty crummy now.

Checking in, hope you all are feeling well.

Got shot 1 of moderna yesterday, can't lift my arm today but other than that nothing

apparently the second shot is the killer. i know a lot of people calling out after the second ond

Most of the people I work with had the shot. Only the older folks had little or no reaction, every younger (under 50) person had either fever, chills and/or body aches, plus the arm soreness kniespolice mentioned.

No vaccine I've ever taken gives side effects like these do.

We've had about 85% of our employees that have been vaccinated, are awaiting the second shot or are planning to. Side effects have run the gamut from nothing to a couple of employees that went to an ER.

We've had about 85% of our employees that have been vaccinated, are awaiting the second shot or are planning to. Side effects have run the gamut from nothing to a couple of employees that went to an ER.

Similar here. The worst was one person who said they "thought they were going to die" and nearly had to visit the ER.

The best outcome I have seen is one person who had a sore arm and nothing else.

News Nation did a great piece on the politics of COVID and that Biden has continued to do the same thing. They compared Texas, Florida and California and Biden's quoting Governor Abbott as having Neanderthal thinking when he lifted the mask mandate. Data shows the complete opposite.

News Nation did a great piece on the politics of COVID and that Biden has continued to do the same thing. They compared Texas, Florida and California and Biden's quoting Governor Abbott as having Neanderthal thinking when he lifted the mask mandate. Data shows the complete opposite.

Very few politicians have made decisions based on facts and data during this epidemic. DeSantis might be the only one.

Most of the people I work with had the shot. Only the older folks had little or no reaction, every younger (under 50) person had either fever, chills and/or body aches, plus the arm soreness kniespolice mentioned.

No vaccine I've ever taken gives side effects like these do.

I got a flu vaccine last year and my arm was sore for about week and I felt like a I had a cold for about a month. I also remember my Tdap vaccine in high school because I had swim class the next day but couldn't move my arm and the teacher thought I was lying.

In my opinion, what you are seeing now is a result of people being hyper aware because so many people are being vaccinated at once and everyone is talking about it so self reporting is way up... but 130 million people have received the vaccine in the last few months.

If that same 130 million got Covid in that same time period, all of our hospitals would be overflowing right now.

The reality is that the vaccines are very effective, will save millions of lives globally and severe adverse reactions are incredibly rare.

If that same 130 million got Covid in that same time period, all of our hospitals would be overflowing right now.
But you know this is disingenuous because 130M people would never get it at the same time.

Reactions: Hallsome
But you know this is disingenuous because 130M people would never get it at the same time.

The point was that if the severe adverse reactions we hear about anecdotally were at all prevalent to the 130 million people who have received the vaccine, our hospitals would be absolutely crushed right now. They aren't because adverse reactions are incredibly rare.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
The point was that if the severe adverse reactions we hear about anecdotally were at all prevalent to the 130 million people who have received the vaccine, our hospitals would be absolutely crushed right now. They aren't because adverse reactions are incredibly rare.

An adverse reaction doesn't always require hospitalization. Someone I know has a skin rash from the Moderna shots that won't go away. Not worthy of hospitalization, but certainly adverse.

maybe i should report it

whats the link on that source? it might not have to do with any mechinism of the vaccine, just the impact of it triggered an immune reaction that triggered shingles

Whether or not it has anything to do with a mechanism of the vaccine doesn't matter. Shingles very likely wouldn't have been triggered if it weren't for the vaccine. Hope you are feeling better.

That was something on twitter, I've found a few articles online mostly centering on Pfizer and Moderna. Here's one: https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19vaccine/92106

Whether or not it has anything to do with a mechanism of the vaccine doesn't matter. Shingles very likely wouldn't have been triggered if it weren't for the vaccine. Hope you are feeling better.

That was something on twitter, I've found a few articles online mostly centering on Pfizer and Moderna. Here's one: https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19vaccine/92106
i had JJ. tbh this isnt bad and you dont typically get shingles twice (you can) so maybe this works out when im 60 lol

i had JJ. tbh this isnt bad and you dont typically get shingles twice (you can) so maybe this works out when im 60 lol
Twitter has nothing to do with this. If you have reactions or side effects should report them. As I said before, this is a live clinical study and this data is carefully collected during clinical trials.

Twitter has nothing to do with this. If you have reactions or side effects should report them. As I said before, this is a live clinical study and this data is carefully collected during clinical trials.
dont understand twitter comment. i dont have it.

i reported it to vaers after seeing there actually could be a connection.

fwiw i think stress is the actual cause. especially when the vaccine you just get is lit up by the media to cause dangerous blood clots

dont understand twitter comment. i dont have it.

i reported it to vaers after seeing there actually could be a connection.

fwiw i think stress is the actual cause. especially when the vaccine you just get is lit up by the media to cause dangerous blood clots
Sorry you were asking about a Twitter source.

You’re not a medical professional so you really don’t know what caused the shingles. Do what you want but I would report it; otherwise how would J&J know?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT