ADVERTISEMENT

JFK: One Day in America on Nat Geo

I got in on DVR last night. I saw the first episode this morning. I really don't understand why we can't get a real answer. Just friggin say we know it was this mobster or it was a disgusting internal job the CIA knew about or whatever it was.

How the magic bullet theory has held up for this long is just stupid.

The only "conspiracy theory" regarding the JFK assassination is the one stating Oswald acted alone. That makes the least sense of any of the possibilities.

The only "conspiracy theory" regarding the JFK assassination is the one stating Oswald acted alone. That makes the least sense of any of the possibilities.
I have a crazy family member who claims it was a few of Marilyn Monroe's former lovers, which as stupid as it sounds makes more sense than Oswald acting alone.

Quite good...will be 60 years on 11.22

Thought it was well done, lots of footage I do not recall seeing, and the interviews with secret service agents who still seem shaken up by the events 60 years later was interesting.

Unlike most JFK assassination programs I have ever watched, it just chronicled events of those days as they happened, didn't get into questions, theories or back stories.

Reactions: Dan M
I remember 60 years ago today. My mom was crying uncontrollably in her bed, so I went in and asked what's wrong? She told me the president had been shot and killed. I didn't understand, I just knew my mom was inconsolable. Truly a terrible day.

Anybody ever read anything on LBJ's possible involvement? I'm going to read up on that, I know he hated both JFK and RFK.

Last edited:
Reactions: shu09 and HALL85
Yet, the only real evidence is that what you call a "conspiracy theory" is that Oswald acted alone. After 60 years, you would think something would come out that had real weight of someone else's involvement except for theories with no proof. (hell, we even found out who was "Deepthroat" after sometime.). Why is it so hard to think that Oswald acted alone? I mean I am open to other possibilities but there is no proof of it. The only theory that there was a second gunman was from the grassy knoll. But hearing shots is incredibly unreliable evidence and there are many conflicting earwitnesses. But all this time, no real evidence of a second shooter.

I remember a TV trial of Lee Harvey Oswald in which Bugliosi (DA who prosecuted Manson) was the prosecutor and Gerry Spence was Oswald's defense attorney. It is something people should watch on this subject. Bugliosi also wrote a book and came to the conclusion that Oswald acted alone.

Were there mistakes in the investigation? Yes. Are somethings difficult to explain? Yes. And this is an investigation of the President's murder which I understand people can't fathom that his brain would go missing. But yes, people screw up all the time. I can attest to this as someone who has prosecuted murder cases for most of their career.

I wonder if the people who think there was some grand conspiracy with JFK are the same that believe that 9/11 was an inside job by the government and that the Towers imploded with that "Loose Change" nonsense.?

Last edited:
I remember 60 years ago today. My mom was crying uncontrollably in her bed, so I went in and asked what's wrong? She told me the president had been shot and killed. I didn't understand, I just knew my mom was inconsolable. Truly a terrible day.

Anybody ever read anything on LBJ's possible involvement? I'm going to read up on that, I know he hated both JFK and RFK.

I have. I firmly believe he was involved in some way. How involved, I don't know. Put it this way - it was no coincidence this happened in Texas, where LBJ was the all-powerful figure at the time. Even more powerful than the governor.

He stood to benefit substantially, had motive, had means, and had opportunity. Circumstantially, it makes a lot of sense.

JFK had a lot of enemies.

I don’t think Oswald acted alone and if you don’t think there have been events where reality was covered up for some justification, I think you’re being naive.

Silly that you use 9/11 as a comparison, but that’s you.

Don’t know which enemy but Castro had a pretty good motivation…

Yet, the only real evidence is that what you call a "conspiracy theory" is that Oswald acted alone. After 60 years, you would think something would come out that had real weight of someone else's involvement except for theories with no proof. (hell, we even found out who was "Deepthroat" after sometime.). Why is it so hard to think that Oswald acted alone? I mean I am open to other possibilities but there is no proof of it. The only theory that there was a second gunman was from the grassy knoll. But hearing shots is incredibly unreliable evidence and there are many conflicting earwitnesses. But all this time, no real evidence of a second shooter.

I remember a TV trial of Lee Harvey Oswald in which Bugliosi (DA who prosecuted Manson) was the prosecutor and Gerry Spence was Oswald's defense attorney. It is something people should watch on this subject. Bugliosi also wrote a book and came to the conclusion that Oswald acted alone.

Were there mistakes in the investigation? Yes. Are somethings difficult to explain? Yes. And this is an investigation of the President's murder which I understand people can't fathom that his brain would go missing. But yes, people screw up all the time. I can attest to this as someone who has prosecuted murder cases for most of their career.

I wonder if the people who think there was some grand conspiracy with JFK are the same that believe that 9/11 was an inside job by the government and that the Towers imploded with that "Loose Change" nonsense.?

The word of the doctors in the ER, the video evidence of his head being pushed back and to the left, and Oswald's connections to Russia, Cuba, and the CIA make up the foundation of what I believe about the Kennedy assassination. The government covered it up and America hasn't been the same since. That said, a Congressional investigation in the 70's did come to the conclusion that there were multiple shooters.

On another note, it's a shame to see former government employees who were there like Clint Hill still spouting nonsense 60 years later, as he was on NBC the other day.

There's only one way to keep everything quiet all these years and that would be to kill people. Magically there's a great book about all the witnesses who surprisingly died, called Hit List.

There sure seems to be 100 different things that are just ridiculously insane. Parkland doctors saying they saw things different. Ruby easily killing Oswald. People dying mysteriously. Seems any secret service person that discusses the motorcade route seems to think it was negligence of the highest degree. You think they didn't know that on 11-22-63?

Reactions: shu09
Government was anxious to confirm lone shooter and close the case.Autopsy was to be done in Dallas by law but secret service forcibly took body.One shot came from the front so obviously at least two shooters.

The word of the doctors in the ER, the video evidence of his head being pushed back and to the left, and Oswald's connections to Russia, Cuba, and the CIA make up the foundation of what I believe about the Kennedy assassination. The government covered it up and America hasn't been the same since. That said, a Congressional investigation in the 70's did come to the conclusion that there were multiple shooters.

On another note, it's a shame to see former government employees who were there like Clint Hill still spouting nonsense 60 years later, as he was on NBC the other day.
Oswald was a nut who I believe tried to kill a former general earlier that year. As far as the Congressional investigation, they said it was probably of a conspiracy based upon acoustics at the time. Later on acoustics technology improved in which came to the opposite conclusion.

There were tons of people out there and not one witness observed another gunman. All these years passed and not a single shred of evidence. The fact that JFK’s head goes back and to the left does not prove a second gunman as there are so many different variable that affect that. For example, when a person is rear ended in a car, a person’s head goes back and not forward. It is counterintuitive to what you think anhould happen.

All of what people point as a conspiracy is not evidence. What people point to is nothing but conjecture.

You can twist yourself into a pretzel all you want. Anyone with common sense knows the Warren Commission story is hogwash.

Reactions: HALL85
You can twist yourself into a pretzel all you want. Anyone with common sense knows the Warren Commission story is hogwash.
lol. I am the only person on this board that has actually investigated and prosecuted murder cases. Yet you guys think you know what evidence is in a murder care and what is just speculation and conjecture.

I don’t have to twist myself into knots. There is no evidence to the contrary that Oswald acted alone. Wake me up, when there is a shred of evidence. 60 years of nothing.

Let me guess, you probably think Sirhan Sirhan was the lone assassin of RFK as well because that's what the government told you. The Kennedy's were targeted because they would not carry out the wishes of the military industrial complex, among other things. If RFK Jr builds any momentum in the polls as an independent, they might even come after him as well.

Let me guess, you probably think Sirhan Sirhan was the lone assassin of RFK as well because that's what the government told you. The Kennedy's were targeted because they would not carry out the wishes of the military industrial complex, among other things. If RFK Jr builds any momentum in the polls as an independent, they might even come after him as well.
So let me get this straight. You think Sirhan Sirhan engaged in a conspiracy with a second shooter. All of these years, Sirhan Sirhan sat behind bars knowing full well, if he just gave up the conspiracy, he would be released or get his sentence cut. Moreover, he faced the death penalty at the time and still not a word. That alone tells me there was no conspiracy.

The only other possibility is that there was a second unrelated shooter that shot RFK at the same exact time Sirhan Sirhan did. That would be one hell of a coincidence. RFKJr says it’s this security guard named Cesar.

The main thrust of the second gunman theory is that the wounds came from the back and Sirhan Sirhan was in front of RFK. But witnesses say that RFK turned to his left at the time which would explain the entry wounds from the rear.

The second piece of evidence is that there was gunpowder residue behind RFK’s ear. The medical examiner said it had to be a distance of 1-3 inches. However, stippling can be found on a victim from a muzzle that is about 18” away from the victim which is consistent where Sirhan Sirhan shot from.

And if RFK was shot with the gun right at his head, how come there is not one single witness of someone seeing this gun at RFK’s head? It’s just so ridiculously unlikely. So I don’t see any evidence of a second gunman in RFK’s murder as well.

lol. I am the only person on this board that has actually investigated and prosecuted murder cases. Yet you guys think you know what evidence is in a murder care and what is just speculation and conjecture.

I don’t have to twist myself into knots. There is no evidence to the contrary that Oswald acted alone. Wake me up, when there is a shred of evidence. 60 years of nothing.
So you’re accepting of a bunch of tampered evidence in which the people who tampered with it had extreme power.

My guess is if new evidence came out you’d say it’s been too long.

So you’re accepting of a bunch of tampered evidence in which the people who tampered with it had extreme power.

This is where I land on the topic. cern calls them “mistakes”; IMO many of these “mistakes” look like intentional tampering.

As I mentioned before, JFK had a lot of enemies with strong motivations to take him out…is there hard evidence that proves who exactly did it? No, but there are too many unanswered questions and also motivation for the various enemies of JFK to collaborate on any cover-up.

[in

I am accepting of evidence period. No evidence exists of a second shooter. If there was indeed new evidence of a second shooter, I would accept it. But there isn’t. Conspiracies whirled about because of mistakes that occurred in the investigation. However, the absence of any evidence to the contrary leaves to one conclusion that Oswald was the only shooter.

Remember, Oswald killed a cop in the aftermath of the murder of JFK. He tried to kill a former general earlier that year. And according to his wife, he wanted to kill Nixon. He was clearly a disturbed and mentally ill man.

Now, if you want to say that Oswald was sent here by the Russians to kill Kennedy. Ok. That’s more plausible than there was a second shooter and that the mafia, the CIA or LBJ was involved in the conspiracy to kill JFK. Just give me some evidence and not just wild speculation of conflicting theories that Oliver Stone did in his movie.

CERN No one knows for sure but the magic bullet theory doesn’t wash with well known medical examiners like Cyril Wecht

Remember, Oswald killed a cop in the aftermath of the murder of JFK. He tried to kill a former general earlier that year.
When he tried to kill the former general, he missed badly from only 40 feet.

He was not ranked highly as a shooter in the Marines.

Yet somehow he was deadly accurate from 270 feet on that fateful day?

CERN No one knows for sure but the magic bullet theory doesn’t wash with well known medical examiners like Cyril Wecht
How can you even bring up Wecht when he is not sure that Oswald was even one of the two shooters? "My analysis is the Warren Commission is quite wrong," Wecht said. "I believe there were two shooters. I'm not at all certain that Lee Harvey Oswald was one of the two shooters." He said it wasn’t possible for a shooter they all three shots off. That was proven that a decent marksman can make the shots Oswald made. Wecht Wecht essentially is talking out of his ass and not talking about actual facts. He is a pathologist. So please Dr, say something medically that shows a second shooter. And he does not.

Actually that is not true. He achieved the ranking of sharpshooter. When he retook the test he got reduced to marksman. So he obviously had the ability to be an expert shooter. Moreover, the shots made in Dallas were not particularly difficult. Remember he missed the first shot he took which was the closest distance.

As far as the shot at the general, he was 140 feet away when her took the shot through the window at the general. Who knows why he missed. Maybe the general moved slightly at the last moment. Again, none of this points to a second shooter.

I’ve been to Dealey Plaza and they had “X” markings on the curb where the three shots struck. Also have spoken to several accomplished marksman over the years. The plaza is a lot smaller than it looks like on film. To be able to put three accurate shots on the target within feet of each other on a moving target and needing to refocus on the target because of the bolt action? The odds are just about impossible.

IMO Oswald was a key figure and the connections to Russia (and Cuba)…trips and contacts. And we did try to assassinate Castro at least once. You think he was cool with that?

Actually that is not true. He achieved the ranking of sharpshooter. When he retook the test he got reduced to marksman. So he obviously had the ability to be an expert shooter. Moreover, the shots made in Dallas were not particularly difficult. Remember he missed the first shot he took which was the closest distance.

As far as the shot at the general, he was 140 feet away when her took the shot through the window at the general. Who knows why he missed. Maybe the general moved slightly at the last moment. Again, none of this points to a second shooter.
So his shooting got worse over time? Hmm....

The Warren Commission didn't think the first shot missed. What else did they get wrong?

As far as the shot at the general, he was 140 feet away when her took the shot through the window at the general.
No he wasn't, it was less than 100 feet away.

Who knows why he missed. Maybe the general moved slightly at the last moment.

He missed badly, not because the general moved.

"Suddenly, Walker heard what he initially thought was perhaps a firecracker. He then saw a hole in the wall next to where he had been sitting and realized that someone had just taken a shot at him. The bullet had deflected off the wooden window frame. This changed its trajectory and probably saved Walker’s life."

So much for facts.

He said it wasn’t possible for a shooter they all three shots off. That was proven that a decent marksman can make the shots Oswald made.
Who was the only marksman to do that? And it took him 3 tries.

That would be ballistics expert Howard Donahue, noted above, he of the accidental shooter theory.

So let me get this straight. You think Sirhan Sirhan engaged in a conspiracy with a second shooter. All of these years, Sirhan Sirhan sat behind bars knowing full well, if he just gave up the conspiracy, he would be released or get his sentence cut. Moreover, he faced the death penalty at the time and still not a word. That alone tells me there was no conspiracy.

The only other possibility is that there was a second unrelated shooter that shot RFK at the same exact time Sirhan Sirhan did. That would be one hell of a coincidence. RFKJr says it’s this security guard named Cesar.

The main thrust of the second gunman theory is that the wounds came from the back and Sirhan Sirhan was in front of RFK. But witnesses say that RFK turned to his left at the time which would explain the entry wounds from the rear.

The second piece of evidence is that there was gunpowder residue behind RFK’s ear. The medical examiner said it had to be a distance of 1-3 inches. However, stippling can be found on a victim from a muzzle that is about 18” away from the victim which is consistent where Sirhan Sirhan shot from.

And if RFK was shot with the gun right at his head, how come there is not one single witness of someone seeing this gun at RFK’s head? It’s just so ridiculously unlikely. So I don’t see any evidence of a second gunman in RFK’s murder as well.

Sirhan, as well as Oswald, were patsies. They did not organize anything, they were pieces in a puzzle organized by far more powerful entities.

And Oswald inexplicably waits until the motorcade makes the left turn on to Elm St., moving away from him, instead of taking the closer, easier shot when the motorcade is coming directly at him down Houston St. Just doesn't make any sense. Dealey Plaza was chosen by those who organized it because it was a triangulation of fire. JFK was never getting out of there alive, sadly.

So his shooting got worse over time? Hmm....

The Warren Commission didn't think the first shot missed. What else did they get wrong?

No he wasn't, it was less than 100 feet away.

He missed badly, not because the general moved.

"Suddenly, Walker heard what he initially thought was perhaps a firecracker. He then saw a hole in the wall next to where he had been sitting and realized that someone had just taken a shot at him. The bullet had deflected off the wooden window frame. This changed its trajectory and probably saved Walker’s life."

So much for facts.
140 feet according to this. https://www.history.com/news/lee-harvey-oswald-other-target Certainly not the 40 ft you posted. I have no idea why he missed. Fact is he missed. How does this prove a second shooter? Answer it does not.

And no one has ever presented an inkling of proof of a second shooter. As far as the theory that he was accidentally shot by a secret service agent. Well, then no conspiracy to kill the President. Just a coverup to hide what really happed. Which was a tragic error. I don’t know anything about the proofs of that theory. So please summarize what facts led him to that conclusion?

This article questions his theory. https://www.inquirer.com/philly/new..._killed_President_Kennedy.html?outputType=amp

Last edited:
The Zapruder film is a vital piece of evidence of a second shooter. There's more, but you just choose not to see it for reasons unknown. That's fine.

140 feet according to this. https://www.history.com/news/lee-harvey-oswald-other-target Certainly not the 40 ft you posted. I have no idea why he missed. Fact is he missed. How does this prove a second shooter? Answer it does not.
So disregard the impossibly high likelihood that hitting the target three times in a ridiculously short period of time while having to refocus on a moving target each time because of the bolt action.
And no one has ever presented an inkling of proof of a second shooter. As far as the theory that he was accidentally shot by a secret service agent. Well, then no conspiracy to kill the President. Just a coverup to hide what really happed. Which was a tragic error. I don’t know anything about the proofs of that theory. So please summarize what facts led him to that conclusion?

This article questions his theory. https://www.inquirer.com/philly/new..._killed_President_Kennedy.html?outputType=amp

As far as the theory that he was accidentally shot by a secret service agent. Well, then no conspiracy to kill the President. Just a coverup to hide what really happed. Which was a tragic error. I don’t know anything about the proofs of that theory. So please summarize what facts led him to that conclusion?
LOL, it's summarized in a post of mine above but you never even glanced at it. Yet you mentioned proof that you could get 3 shots off in less than 6 seconds but never mentioned the only one who was capable of doing that (after 3 tries) was the guy with the accidental shooter theory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT