ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Wooten

Good player, just de-committed from Arizona State. Top 100 PF per 247. 4 Star prospect per ESPN & Scout. 6'8, athletic post player with long arms. Good shot blocker.

We are also getting a visit from Kevin Marfo next week.

I'm assuming Marfo will commit to SHU.

Leaving us with 2 ships. 3 if Anthony uses his grad xfer option.

Reactions: deheremike
I'm assuming Marfo will commit to SHU.

Leaving us with 2 ships. 3 if Anthony uses his grad xfer option.

Would love to see Wooten sign even though I don't see our connection to him. Wooten has a ton of high high major offers already and looks legit. Is the Marfo signing 100% in your mind? Any source?

Reactions: shupat08
How does it work with Kevin Marfo?

Is he a transfer because he signed with George Washington for the 2017 season?

How does it work with Kevin Marfo?

Is he a transfer because he signed with George Washington for the 2017 season?

Marfo played for GW last season so he is a regular sit out a season transfer.

Thanks Steve. Since Marfo has to sit a year, I would have hoped for someone with a little more pedigree.

I'm very impressed by Wooten tapes. Very quick elevation and natural shot- blocking instincts. Brodie and Marfo have no future with us. Sorry to see this happening...

How can you write off an 18 year old kid who has not even stepped foot on campus.

I know it's anathema to say anything about someone we've signed, and I get that. When I talk about potential, I'm talking potential high D1 versus mid-major D1 talent. It's not a slight on someone to be mid D1 major talent. That's real talent for the game. It's also true that any kid could turn into Steph Curry. It happens occasionally and I'm sure there are many people on this board that can give a dozen examples of someone who came to SHU as an unknown and ended up being All BE or even All-League level.

That doesn't mean that 75% of the time, 50% of the time, or even 25% of the time, you are going to recruit a 2 or 3 star kid who was relatively unknown in HS or transferred from mid-major school with middling stats and he is going to be steph curry for your team, or even a BE level starter for your team. If we sign Kevin Marfo, I hope he comes here and takes SHU to another level and is a superb citizen. Would be good for him and look good for Willard.

Would be surprised if not Oregon for this kid

I know it's anathema to say anything about someone we've signed, and I get that. When I talk about potential, I'm talking potential high D1 versus mid-major D1 talent. It's not a slight on someone to be mid D1 major talent. That's real talent for the game. It's also true that any kid could turn into Steph Curry. It happens occasionally and I'm sure there are many people on this board that can give a dozen examples of someone who came to SHU as an unknown and ended up being All BE or even All-League level.

That doesn't mean that 75% of the time, 50% of the time, or even 25% of the time, you are going to recruit a 2 or 3 star kid who was relatively unknown in HS or transferred from mid-major school with middling stats and he is going to be steph curry for your team, or even a BE level starter for your team. If we sign Kevin Marfo, I hope he comes here and takes SHU to another level and is a superb citizen. Would be good for him and look good for Willard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT