ADVERTISEMENT

Khalil Whitney - Kelly Whitney's son

Yes right! I am sure many others from Ohio State to Michigan to Depaul will go hard after that young man! Many-many great people are products of others with questionable character. Not to mention some of the coaches who want to coach these young men!

Are we even linked to this kid? People going back and forth here, but not sure any interest from either side.

Yes his dad played here, but doubt the school has any real connection with Whitney anymore, as obviously he has not been involved with team or school in a long time, for obvious reasons. So I see no reason why we would have any advantage over any of the other 300+ division 1 teams. Would seem a little weird situation either way.

The kid is never coming here. Right or wrong they conflate the school with Kelly's downfall.

You've all missed the biggest takeaway from Kelly Whitney's son being a top D1 prospect: I am officially old.
Or he is. How does he have a kid old enough to be getting recruited?

Agree with the sentiment that nothing KW should be held against his kid though, and without knowing the details, maybe it shouldn't be held against him anymore either. But why would he direct his kid to a school where his likely lifetime low point occurred?

Imagine what he'd hear from opposing fans if he came here. Can't see anyone volunteering for that

I wont go into specifics either but the drug deal sounded to go fine, the subsequent premeditated robbery led primarily by whitney didnt go so fine.

either way it should be the last time the guy is int he vicinity of the campus.

I wont go into specifics either but the drug deal sounded to go fine, the subsequent premeditated robbery led primarily by whitney didnt go so fine.

either way it should be the last time the guy is int he vicinity of the campus.
Our resident swimmer seems to know a lot. ;)

I won't pretend to know exactly how it al went down because I wasn't there but from what I was told - students at the house bought pot from players. Players returned to the house later and robbed them.

In my opinion that is a drug deal gone bad.
I have no problem seeing SHU recruit Kelly's son

Correct that is Roselle Catholic. However whether or not that is true is a different question. Lol

I won't pretend to know exactly how it al went down because I wasn't there but from what I was told - students at the house bought pot from players. Players returned to the house later and robbed them.

In my opinion that is a drug deal gone bad.

That's funny because I heard it was the other way around. The Students in the house were the suppliers who Kelly was buying the grass from and reselling it.

My opinion is it shoud ave nothing o do with his on, but unfortunetly it will because many people on these boards will attack him every chance they get.

The comments here have nothing to do with the son. It's all about the father and the fact that he would be back at SHU games to watch the son. That should be obvious.

I was wondering if the people involved in the disastrous point shaving scandal have ever been welcomed back at games and on campus?

Reactions: Pirate6711
The students were not innocent bystanders, but that doesn't mean they should have been tied up and robbed at gunpoint.

With that said, I'd welcome Khalil with open arms, but I don't see how you let Kelly attend games. Besides, we do not have a good relationship with RC so there is no reason to believe he has any interest in coming here other than bloodlines.

Reactions: Pirate6711
The students were not innocent bystanders, but that doesn't mean they should have been tied up and robbed at gunpoint.

With that said, I'd welcome Khalil with open arms, but I don't see how you let Kelly attend games. Besides, we do not have a good relationship with RC so there is no reason to believe he has any interest in coming here other than bloodlines.
I'd hope that it improves somewhat now that this is the 2nd year that Tony B has the daughter of RC's AD/brother of RC Asst Coach on his staff... not to suggest anything...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT