ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron James is officially an embarrassment

HallGuy23

Senior
Jun 3, 2020
An absolute disgrace he held the Lakers hostage by forcing them to draft his son who wouldn’t even start in college as a sophomore.

Countless legendary players before him never had the nerve to force nepotism on their employers because they were man enough to admit their kids weren’t good enough.

I’m not even sure Bronny belonged in major D-1 let alone being drafted.

The drool fest on ESPN has begun

An absolute disgrace he held the Lakers hostage by forcing them to draft his son who wouldn’t even start in college as a sophomore.

Countless legendary players before him never had the nerve to force nepotism on their employers because they were man enough to admit their kids weren’t good enough.

I have no clue about anything you said. But your last sentence is spot on and will drive even the most ardent NBA fan crazy.

The best 55th pick in NBA history probably Patty Mills. Other notable No. 55 picks include Marc Iavaroni, Mark Blount, Kenny Gattison and E'Twaun Moore. What are we even talking about here? This pick is meaningless.

Reactions: JRSlim2284
Fact he was a top 20 to 30 player in his hs class...he had a major, rather significant health scare last summer...it would have been best for him to go to a college team in year two where he could get comfortable minutes at a natural position
20 to 30 - LeBron;s kid,same reason he got drafted in round 2, watch. a bust, but its LA

Reactions: Johnny Biggs
Fact he was a top 20 to 30 player in his hs class...he had a major, rather significant health scare last summer...it would have been best for him to go to a college team in year two where he could get comfortable minutes at a natural position
lol. Yeah 19 year olds just commonly come down with cardiac arrest. I’m sure it had nothing to do with steroids or similar supplements.

The reason he left college is because he knew daddy would get him drafted and also because if he returned to USC they wouldn’t be able to hide him and his terrible play would be exposed, embarrassing LeBron.

Those who have studied the draft will know better than me -- I wasn't as into this draft as past ones because of its perceived weakness, although I'm psyched the Big East got so many players -- but is a player with Bronny's pedigree out of HS such a reach in the latter part of the second round? I mean half the kids taken in this draft are based solely off potential as opposed to performance.

Those who have studied the draft will know better than me -- I wasn't as into this draft as past ones because of its perceived weakness, although I'm psyched the Big East got so many players -- but is a player with Bronny's pedigree out of HS such a reach in the latter part of the second round? I mean half the kids taken in this draft are based solely off potential as opposed to performance.
Bronny isn’t any good. He will be out of the NBA the minute his dad isn't a superstar.

lol. Yeah 19 year olds just commonly come down with cardiac arrest. I’m sure it had nothing to do with steroids or similar supplements.

The reason he left college is because he knew daddy would get him drafted and also because if he returned to USC they wouldn’t be able to hide him and his terrible play would be exposed, embarrassing LeBron.
This is sickening to undermine cardiac health.

USC was an option as was any other school to transfer to if he so chose

Bronny is not Jokic. At that point in the 2nd round, I don't see a problem drafting a non guaranteed contract on a former McDonald's All American recovering from health issues. He doesn't make the team better or worse. The "father/son teammates" isn't official yet until pen hits paper (which probably happen but still). Nepotism influenced the draft pick but it's unlikely he's a difference maker to begin with because that doesn't happen at the 55th pick.
He'll be in the G League predominantly and maybe have the 1 game where they share the court which, criticism aside, is a cool moment just like the Griffeys taking the field.

Also, fun note. 1/2 of that Team USA posted got drafted or signed to some form of summer league deal this week.

listen, everyone wants to seeth into this. were looking for outrage. if this was another team picking him , sure. if teams moved up for him or took him earlier, sure. if a team picked him to woo lebron, sure.

but a guaranteed useless pick for the team that lebron already committed to? yea its not that bad. usually draft picks are either a) proven college players or b) freaks. skewing heavily to the latter. bronny is neither. he does have a unique circumstance preventing the former. but it doesn't matter. if burning a 55 pick meant keeping the star and keeping him happy, its a MUCH better pick than a typical 55 guy. again, look at gianni's and his brothers. same thing and bucks have a ring becaus of it.

and i really want to hate on lebron. im not hating. but i do still feel embarassed for bronny. im sure he'll weep from his pile of money.

listen, everyone wants to seeth into this. were looking for outrage. if this was another team picking him , sure. if teams moved up for him or took him earlier, sure. if a team picked him to woo lebron, sure.

but a guaranteed useless pick for the team that lebron already committed to? yea its not that bad. usually draft picks are either a) proven college players or b) freaks. skewing heavily to the latter. bronny is neither. he does have a unique circumstance preventing the former. but it doesn't matter. if burning a 55 pick meant keeping the star and keeping him happy, its a MUCH better pick than a typical 55 guy. again, look at gianni's and his brothers. same thing and bucks have a ring becaus of it.

and i really want to hate on lebron. im not hating. but i do still feel embarassed for bronny. im sure he'll weep from his pile of money.
Pretty sure if another team took him he would have signed overseas, it was implied on the coverage

hang the banner!!
When plus/minus positive differential is used to endorse shu player it is heralded here.

I would say nike hoops summit a more competitive enviroment than mcdonalds which he did not have as good a plus/minus but he scored more points than the third pick in the draft reed sheperd.

And for the folks on here that are screaming Nepo...go check out ownership groups of some of the most prominent sports franchises in the big 4 leagues and see the offsprings and the roles they have

What pedigree? The one told to you the by the media that came straight from LeBron and their agent?

Bronny has no interest in being a real player, LeBron knows it. It’s all a smoke and pony show to make you believe Bronny is good just to further Lebrons ego.

Going back to college would have exposed it all on the court.

Why does anyone really care? It's a 2nd round pick, and if it keeps your franchise cornerstone happy & around for a few more years, that's more value than you'll likely get from the pick otherwise. See: Milwaukee Bucks

Lebron is still a tool in every sense of the word, but this is genuinely the most value the Lakers can reasonably expect to get out of this pick.

And for the folks on here that are screaming Nepo...go check out ownership groups of some of the most prominent sports franchises in the big 4 leagues and see the offsprings and the roles they have
Yeah, as if the daughter in law of a pres candidate would actually be put in change of a political party...

Last edited:

If Bronny doesn't even belong in major D-I then what does that say about Scotty Middleton and Garwey Dual that James had better numbers than they did last year (minutes, scoring, rebounding and assists).

Many here are saying Middleton and Dual are going to help lead us to an NCAA bid and are expecting huge jumps in their production. Why can't Bronny James make the same leap in development? Other than your irrational hate of him and his father.

I'm not saying I think Bronny is going to be an NBA star but he's a late second round pick in what is considered a weak draft class. Nepotism, sure, but it's a throw away pick. The argument would be much better if the Lakers had taken Bronny at No. 17 or if some other team had taken him in an effort to lure his father.

If Bronny doesn't even belong in major D-I then what does that say about Scotty Middleton and Garwey Dual that James had better numbers than they did last year (minutes, scoring, rebounding and assists).

Many here are saying Middleton and Dual are going to help lead us to an NCAA bid and are expecting huge jumps in their production. Why can't Bronny James make the same leap in development? Other than your irrational hate of him and his father.

I'm not saying I think Bronny is going to be an NBA star but he's a late second round pick in what is considered a weak draft class. Nepotism, sure, but it's a throw away pick. The argument would be much better if the Lakers had taken Bronny at No. 17 or if some other team had taken him in an effort to lure his father.

This board has really delved into irrational hatred and homerism...

Perhaps he would’ve had an improvement returning to USC. I just don’t buy it. He’s been reported as a poor shooter, ball handler and passer. And don’t forget daddy and their “agent” inflated his height by not 1, not 2 but 3 full inches. It’s been a scam in the making for years.

So what exactly does a 6’1” player that struggles in those areas bring to a team? Was he the next Paul Gause? Maybe. Then again, was Paul Gause a draft pick consideration?

This is the rough equivalent of Tom Brady on the Bucs picking his son in the 7th round. It's a non guaranteed contract. It's not that serious.

Reactions: Merge
Draft guy I heard on the radio said he had Bronny as his #55 player on the board and the Lakers took him at #55 so doesn't sound so crazy, particularly with the bonus opportunity to make history and placate the face of the franchise, most famous player in the world and maybe best in history

• Haha
Reactions: HallGuy23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT