ADVERTISEMENT

May Tweets

Wonder what happened with Georgia Tech. Most everyone I spoke to told me, even during the season, that would be his destination.

Wonder what happened with Georgia Tech. Most everyone I spoke to told me, even during the season, that would be his destination.

Sounds like he overplayed his hand -- or his people did, overestimating his value. If he's healthy, he's a pretty good player, albeit more on the defensive end, but overall, he's not separate from the pack of kids in the portal.

Seems like an odd list…especially to leave a team that has a loaded class coming in.

I would say then again maybe that’s why, but he was arguably their best player, and if not best, most important. So you would figure he’d have a role.

Then again…who knows. Maybe the Scarlets told him there’s no money left for you…

Yet they bowed out meekly in first round of NIT
Stop it, just frigging stop it with this… they are getting 5 stars and we have mid major players using us to get more money from other schools… they are reloading and we are getting what’s left over… we lost our starting 5, one of them went to our rival in the city, both went for more money…

Providence also has a hell of a lot more transparency with their NIL than shu does, we have no clue what the hell is going on, we are relying on one of our most loyal alumnus to basically do what he can to get NiL money, which means selling hats…guy does what he can and anything helps… but providence is kicking our ass

Just curious. What are the pc nil orgs doing differently re transparency.

Just curious. What are the pc nil orgs doing differently re transparency.
They are very organized and market very well to anyone remotely interested in Providence basketball. They’ve been very active for at least 2.5 years and have significant alum and corporate sponsors. https://friarfamilynil.com/

I bought tix this year to go to our game in Providence and within a few hours, my email was receiving NIL news and solicitations from the Friar Collective. They aren’t tippy toeing around NIL like SHU did for a while. They’ve got at least $3-$4M and Kim English is doing just fine attracting players there.

They are very organized and market very well to anyone remotely interested in Providence basketball. They’ve been very active for at least 2.5 years and have significant alum and corporate sponsors. https://friarfamilynil.com/

I bought tix this year to go to our game in Providence and within a few hours, my email was receiving NIL news and solicitations from the Friar Collective. They aren’t tippy toeing around NIL like SHU did for a while. They’ve got at least $3-$4M and Kim English is doing just fine attracting players there.
This.

They have a professional operation they invest resources in and it generates positive outcomes. Novel concept. They have an operation. Aligned leadership. And were timely. For schools like Providence and Seton Hall that is everything.

Hoping we get there. New facility + healthy NIL strategy and money.

Yes, that is what my PC friends tell me about their NIL ops. They did a great job. And we didnt. But I see that as forethought, organization and marketing. Not transparency.

Yes, that is what my PC friends tell me about their NIL ops. They did a great job. And we didnt. But I see that as forethought, organization and marketing. Not transparency.
I think last year they had a video call for those interested or something talking and answering questions on their NIL… I’m not sure exactly what it was but they are much more forthcoming on info

Reactions: Piratz and shupat08
Look at their FAQs on their site. They say how athletes are paid etc. They have also been much more aggressive and not passive in asking for donations.

If you are looking for transparency in NIL, then good luck with that. Right now its next to impossible finding out exactly how much these kids are being paid but we know the price is going up faster than inflation.

Reactions: Piratz and Halldan1
Look at their FAQs on their site. They say how athletes are paid etc. They have also been much more aggressive and not passive in asking for donations.

If you are looking for transparency in NIL, then good luck with that. Right now its next to impossible finding out exactly how much these kids are being paid but we know the price is going up faster than inflation.
I am not looking for transparency. A comment above mentioned PCs transparency and I was wondering what they do that is transparent. It seems a constant NIL criticism here. I certainly realize that whatever they are doing, so far they are doing it way better than us.

I am not looking for transparency. A comment above mentioned PCs transparency and I was wondering what they do that is transparent. It seems a constant NIL criticism here. I certainly realize that whatever they are doing, so far they are doing it way better than us.
I would simply like to know what the rules are and how they are administered and how parties are held accountable. Oh wait...... there are no rules, each college administers it's own deals and no one is held accountable.

Reactions: shupat08
Gus will obviously be a work in progress, but if nothing else he has the frame of a guy who can keep up with the physicality of the Big East.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT