ADVERTISEMENT

McDermott off the table

So who goes to Ohio State? I don't see Miller, though he may not be dousing it to get an extension as X.

I dont think he was ever on it.
rick injury GIF

so the "this will always be my home" phrase is no longer an indicator for staying or leaving 😆

so the "this will always be my home" phrase is no longer an indicator for staying or leaving 😆
You never know what motivates a coach, but he’s turning 60 this year, has a huge NIL war chest, great home court advantage and is able to recruit to talent to Omaha. He’s been there 13 years and can end his career there any time he wants.

He was never a flight risk.

Someday we’ll beat him again! 🙄
We have actually beaten him 10x including Big East Tournament. It has been an interesting slate with sweeps in 8 of 11 years:

2014 - Creighton Sweep
2015 - SHU Sweep
2016 - 2-1 SHU
2017 - 1-1
2018 - 1-1
2019 - SHU Sweep
2020 - Creighton Sweep
2021 - Creighton Sweep
2022 - SHU Sweep
2023 - Creighton Sweep
2024 - Creighton Sweep

So they have beaten us 8 of past 10. Overall, we are 10-13 versus them.

In the new big east including BET, we have done best against Gtown 19-6 and then 16-7 against St John's (and assuming we win tomorrow, 16-7 vs Depaul). We are 6-20 against Nova.

Creighton beats Nova. McDermott too good a coach
Creighton does not shoot as well on the road, except against us. Should be an interesting game with Creighton playing for good NCAA tourney seed and Nova fighting for their lives--on their home court. Potent offense vs. Strong Defense

Reactions: Aross1995 and LBP43
You never know what motivates a coach, but he’s turning 60 this year, has a huge NIL war chest, great home court advantage and is able to recruit to talent to Omaha. He’s been there 13 years and can end his career there any time he wants.

He was never a flight risk.
and he saw what happened with cooley, hotlman, mack, and potentially now willard.

he also saw what happened with wright. easy choice

Reactions: Piratz
and he saw what happened with cooley, hotlman, mack, and potentially now willard.

I don’t think he cares about what happens with other coaches. No one looks at a job offer like that.

He saw what happened to himself at Iowa State. 59-68 in four years and 18-46 in the Big 12 with one finish above 10th.

He left for Creighton before they told him to leave. He was the first Iowa State coach in 30 years to have a career record below .500.

He saw what happened to himself at Iowa State. 59-68 in four years and 18-46 in the Big 12 with one finish above 10th.

He left for Creighton before they told him to leave. He was the first Iowa State coach in 30 years to have a career record below .500.
haha even better point

Because a coach at this level has an ego that they don’t compare what happens with other coaches decisions. They think about their own ability and what the opportunity offers.

We have actually beaten him 10x including Big East Tournament. It has been an interesting slate with sweeps in 8 of 11 years:

2014 - Creighton Sweep
2015 - SHU Sweep
2016 - 2-1 SHU
2017 - 1-1
2018 - 1-1
2019 - SHU Sweep
2020 - Creighton Sweep
2021 - Creighton Sweep
2022 - SHU Sweep
2023 - Creighton Sweep
2024 - Creighton Sweep

So they have beaten us 8 of past 10. Overall, we are 10-13 versus them.

In the new big east including BET, we have done best against Gtown 19-6 and then 16-7 against St John's (and assuming we win tomorrow, 16-7 vs Depaul). We are 6-20 against Nova.
That record against DePaul blows my mind.

Does anyone else have 7 losses vs them in the NBE?

Reactions: Aross1995
Because a coach at this level has an ego that they don’t compare what happens with other coaches decisions. They think about their own ability and what the opportunity offers.
right and usually that comes with upgrading to a more prestigious school and a bigger salary im a place that has a bigger news footprint than omaha. hes big fish small pond. id assume ego guys want to be big fish big pond.

im sure he considered other offers and im sure he considered consequences of leaving. typically the ego leaves for bigger pastures and as another poster pointed out it actually bit him the first time.

i never personally considered him one of the ego guys compared to hurley, milker, cooley, willard, shaka, etc.

I dont think every coach sees things the same way. I think this is pretty simple. He is gonna be paid tons of money to stay home and do the job he loves.

Reactions: HALL85
I dont think every coach sees things the same way. I think this is pretty simple. He is gonna be paid tons of money to stay home and do the job he loves.
This. What Willard, Pitino, Cooley, etc. did has no bearing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT