ADVERTISEMENT

Monoclonal

SHUSA

All World
Jan 10, 2013
Didnthe govt really put a hold on monoclonal amtibody treatments? is this valid? on surface just looks like they want to artificially force this pandemic on

Government is not interested in "saving lives." Government is interested in whatever is good for government.

Government is not interested in "saving lives." Government is interested in whatever is good for government.
so are they stopping these simply to push their agenda? how is this not a bigger deal?

It's a political ploy to attack people like DeSantis.

Didnthe govt really put a hold on monoclonal amtibody treatments? is this valid? on surface just looks like they want to artificially force this pandemic on

Regeneron themselves said over a month ago that they didn’t think their treatment would be effective against Omicron. Turned out it’s not and that’s coming straight from Regeneron.

The GSK product seems to be and thats why it is still approved for use.

You guys are crazy, stop watching Fox News, it is warping your brains.

the manufacturers themselves said the original two monoclonal antibodies don’t work well against omicron, don’t you think if it did, the companies would want to sell more of it to make money and save lives?

You guys are crazy, stop watching Fox News, it is warping your brains.

the manufacturers themselves said the original two monoclonal antibodies don’t work well against omicron, don’t you think if it did, the companies would want to sell more of it to make money and save lives?
Fox News, CNN, MSNBC what’s the difference when it comes to warping brains? You really think Joy Reid and Chris Cuomo are giving you straight news. Oh wait Cuomo got taken off the air.

Fox News, CNN, MSNBC what’s the difference when it comes to warping brains? You really think Joy Reid and Chris Cuomo are giving you straight news. Oh wait Cuomo got taken off the air.

That is true and I don't think shu09 and SHUSA are loyal Fox viewers or anything.
They just appear to be headed down the wrong path on this one.

Monoclonal antibodies are still available to treat Covid, just not the brands that don't work right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
That is true and I don't think shu09 and SHUSA are loyal Fox viewers or anything.

Monoclonal antibodies are still available to treat Covid, just not the brands that don't work right now.

I don't watch the news. Full of garbage and agendas on all sides.

Regeneron themselves said over a month ago that they didn’t think their treatment would be effective against Omicron. Turned out it’s not and that’s coming straight from Regeneron.

The GSK product seems to be and thats why it is still approved for use.
but they only sample like .00001% of people for omicron. and omicron is NOT in need for that level of treatment, deaths down 91%

what about the people that dont have that strain?

i only watch abc news philadelphia

I watch all 3 stations between 8 and 9 to get the varying perspectives. Usually i don't make it past 8:30 with these shows because after a half hour you'll drive yourself nuts. The one thing I notice is they never cover the same topics. For once I would love to see Anderson Cooper make Tucker Carlson answer to the topics he's talking about. Then I'ld love for Anderson Cooper have to answer to the topics Tucker Carlson is talking about. Make Tucker answer the questions about January 6th. Make Anderson Cooper tell us why protecting the southern border is stupid but we should protect the Ukranian border.

but they only sample like .00001% of people for omicron. and omicron is NOT in need for that level of treatment, deaths down 91%

what about the people that dont have that strain?

i only watch abc news philadelphia

Omicron is estimated to be > 90% of all current cases right now.

Since they don't test for which strain it is at a point of treatment, they should use the treatments that are effective for both Delta and Omicron for people at high risk.

Omicron is estimated to be > 90% of all current cases right now.

Since they don't test for which strain it is at a point of treatment, they should use the treatments that are effective for both Delta and Omicron for people at high risk.
but if you have delta and monoclonal antibodies are the best treatment, then its unethical to sunset it. unless you think we shouldnt be prirotitizing the vast minority? but here we are with masks and mandates catering to the vast minority.

Reactions: shu09
but if you have delta and monoclonal antibodies are the best treatment, then its unethical to sunset it. unless you think we shouldnt be prirotitizing the vast minority? but here we are with masks and mandates catering to the vast minority.

I think you are overthinking this.

Monoclonal antibody treatment Sotrovimab works for both Omicron and Delta.
Monoclonal antibody treatment Regeneron works for Delta but not Omicron.

More than 90% of cases in the US are Omicron. (CDC has it at 99%)

Why would you offer the treatments that are not going to work for the vast majority of cases?

We should offer treatments that work. We should not continue with therapeutics only authorized under emergency use authorization when they show they do not work.

I think you are overthinking this.

Monoclonal antibody treatment Sotrovimab works for both Omicron and Delta.
Monoclonal antibody treatment Regeneron works for Delta but not Omicron.

More than 90% of cases in the US are Omicron. (CDC has it at 99%)

Why would you offer the treatments that are not going to work for the vast majority of cases?

We should offer treatments that work. We should not continue with therapeutics only authorized under emergency use authorization when they show they do not work.
why would you have mandates that dont effect the vast majority of the population?

why would you have mandates that dont effect the vast majority of the population?

Separate issue. I'm not in favor of any mandates currently because I don't believe the data supports them with Omicron. Politicians are slow to respond to changes.

But the FDA did exactly what the FDA should do in this instance.

Separate issue. I'm not in favor of any mandates currently because I don't believe the data supports them with Omicron. Politicians are slow to respond to changes.

But the FDA did exactly what the FDA should do in this instance.
the disparity in logic makes me feel this is indeed political.

They're replacing the therapeutics that are now ineffective against the dominant strain(per the manufacturers) with therapeutics that do work.

You dont always have to look for a conspiracy in life.
what are the therapuetics that work? havent heard any push for treatments once. just vaccine vaccine vaccine. hey a new vaccine for a completely harmless varient! cant wait until im forced to get it

what are the therapuetics that work? havent heard any push for treatments once. just vaccine vaccine vaccine. hey a new vaccine for a completely harmless varient! cant wait until im forced to get it

Because the vaccine offers the best protection.

Other treatment options for high risk - Sotrovimab, paxlovid, Molnupiravir
The treatments offered have been less effective and more expensive than vaccinations. Why should we be pushing them as an alternative?

The right answer to all of this, is to speak to your PCP about prevention, and if you do get the virus, immediate diagnosis and treatment options/locations. We shouldn't be making our healthcare decisions based on mostly biased "news" sources and the internet. I am really amazed how few people have a PCP....but will drive 50 miles to go their hair salon.

I don't get it. What would be the logic of continuing to use a treatment that even the manufacturers say doesn't work?
whats the logic in following mandates the experts say dont work and arent needed?

its the fact theyre picking and choosing. it doesnt follow their precident

Because the vaccine offers the best protection.

Other treatment options for high risk - Sotrovimab, paxlovid, Molnupiravir
The treatments offered have been less effective and more expensive than vaccinations. Why should we be pushing them as an alternative?
who said alternative? you put that word in there. nobody said alternative

whats the logic in following mandates the experts say dont work and arent needed?

its the fact theyre picking and choosing. it doesnt follow their precident

Removing emergency use authorization for a drug that does not work absolutely does follow their precedent.
That's not politics. The treatments just don't work right now so having them authorized for use just doesn't make any sense. They already said if a variant that it works for becomes prevalent, they will approve it again.

You're just comparing this to your valid criticisms in a political response with masks.
Entirely different issues. Mask requirements are just driven by the inertia of erring on the side of caution and it hard to change back.

Removing emergency use authorization for a drug that does not work absolutely does follow their precedent.
That's not politics. The treatments just don't work right now so having them authorized for use just doesn't make any sense. They already said if a variant that it works for becomes prevalent, they will approve it again.

You're just comparing this to your valid criticisms in a political response with masks.
Entirely different issues. Mask requirements are just driven by the inertia of erring on the side of caution and it hard to change back.
my mind wont change on this. especially since omicron mutated down and everyone is trying to ignore it

who said alternative? you put that word in there. nobody said alternative

You're right. You didn't say that. Sorry, not trying to put words in your mouth.

My view on pushing the treatments is that people view them as an alternative to the vaccine.

You're right. You didn't say that. Sorry, not trying to put words in your mouth.

My view on pushing the treatments is that people view them as an alternative to the vaccine.
Do they? They are two separate things.

maybe because theyre only marketing one method?

Yes. There are a lot of articles on the topic of people placing faith in the treatment if they get infected instead of getting vaccinated.
i think you could be referring to people saying that theres only an 8-10% they even get covid in the first place, and an almost guarantee they wont die if they do catch it.

and that they could have side effects to the vaccine (i got shingles btw) but theyre guaranteeing the chance of it by getting the jab.

people are saying their natural immunity combined with the very low level chance they even get the virus is good enough. and the govt is telling them theyre wrong. the govt is the one that isnt placing faith in the data. of youre vaccinated, it doesnt matter.

you have to sequence every patients variant to know for sure regeneron monoclonal wont work. and to my knowledge theres not even a risk of the treatment even if they do have omicron.

stinks to high heavens these days

i think you could be referring to people saying that theres only an 8-10% they even get covid in the first place, and an almost guarantee they wont die if they do catch it.

and that they could have side effects to the vaccine (i got shingles btw) but theyre guaranteeing the chance of it by getting the jab.

people are saying their natural immunity combined with the very low level chance they even get the virus is good enough. and the govt is telling them theyre wrong. the govt is the one that isnt placing faith in the data. of youre vaccinated, it doesnt matter.

you have to sequence every patients variant to know for sure regeneron monoclonal wont work. and to my knowledge theres not even a risk of the treatment even if they do have omicron.

So you got shingles, a disease that is cause by a virus, from a covid vaccine? And the manufacturers of the vaccines slipped a little shingles virus in for good measure? Let's see, maybe if we put a little side of shingles in there, we can really **** with some people.

That's amazing deductive reasoning.

And it has been said that while one treatment has been pulled, that there are still monoclonal antibody treatments that have been tested as more effective available for use? So if you had a severe case, you would prefer the Regeneron product over the GSK product why exactly?

I used to think you were just young and naïve, but this thread is something else.

Yes. There are a lot of articles on the topic of people placing faith in the treatment if they get infected instead of getting vaccinated.
Yes, and that's part of the discussion with your PCP. If I'm a young healthy male, with no comorbidities and vigilant about my health when I do get ill, that person is at a very low risk of symptoms or hospitalization. Your physician may still recommend the vaccine, but there is a difference between a strong recommendation and something much less. Had that discussion with my doc when I did test positive. We discussed the option to get the monoclonal antibody as I was only 5 days from onset and he said I could do either...no lean. Health is about someone's own responsibility, commitment and being informed. We seem to want to avoid that discussion these days.

Yes, these companies are willingly forgoing profit to stick it to Desantis.

You're on to something.

🙄

Exactly the point. We don't have a way to sequence every sample.
So why would we use something that even the manufacturers say will not help for almost everyone that would need the treatment instead of using a treatment that works for all of the current variants?

Pretty simple. I'm a provider who bills insurance companies.

Insurance will not pay for a treatment that isn't proven to work. You need some form of legitimacy before coverage and the companies know they can't say for sure it helps against Omicron so that's where we are no reason to fight on the coverage.

New variants New rules

Yes, and that's part of the discussion with your PCP. If I'm a young healthy male, with no comorbidities and vigilant about my health when I do get ill, that person is at a very low risk of symptoms or hospitalization. Your physician may still recommend the vaccine, but there is a difference between a strong recommendation and something much less. Had that discussion with my doc when I did test positive. We discussed the option to get the monoclonal antibody as I was only 5 days from onset and he said I could do either...no lean. Health is about someone's own responsibility, commitment and being informed. We seem to want to avoid that discussion these days.
still more risk (more in number and higher severity) of complications from covid infection without vaccine than complication from vaccine but ok.

also what is not being discussed is how we affect others (family, neighbors, community, humankind, basketball team 😜, with contagious diseases and they should be included as well in our decision making process.

funny thing is in a vacuum, if all Americans were super smart and were either supremely selfish or supremely unselfish (doesn’t matter which) , the vaccine rates would be closer to 100% vaccinated and boosted of eligible individuals. There shouldn’t ever be a need to be mandated anywhere.

Super sad we have so many spreading fear and conspiracy theories regarding vaccines.

Exactly the point. We don't have a way to sequence every sample.
So why would we use something that even the manufacturers say will not help for almost everyone that would need the treatment instead of using a treatment that works for all of the current variants?
so then dont eliminate the use of the treatment.

keyword is MOST everyone. thats why its political. there are still people who can benefit. on the flip side they are mandating things that are NOT in the best interest of MOST everyone.

still more risk (more in number and higher severity) of complications from covid infection without vaccine than complication from vaccine but ok.

also what is not being discussed is how we affect others (family, neighbors, community, humankind, basketball team 😜, with contagious diseases and they should be included as well in our decision making process.

funny thing is in a vacuum, if all Americans were super smart and were either supremely selfish or supremely unselfish (doesn’t matter which) , the vaccine rates would be closer to 100% vaccinated and boosted of eligible individuals. There shouldn’t ever be a need to be mandated anywhere.

Super sad we have so many spreading fear and conspiracy theories regarding vaccines.
omicron isnt being stopped with any measures anyway. if they believe in their vaccine, which the data says they should, then there is literally no issue worrying about other americans now. they can take their precautions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT