ADVERTISEMENT

More Carino

This will soon break on the SHU site

Seton Hall’s Rashed Anthony to Graduate, Transfer for Final Season of Athletic Eligibility

South Orange, N.J. - Seton Hall men’s basketball junior Rashed Anthony (Orangeburg, S.C.) will earn his bachelor’s degree from the university and has elected to transfer for his final season of athletic eligibility, head coach Kevin Willard announced Monday.

“Rashed has been a valued member of our program for four years and has been a part of two NCAA Tournament teams,” Willard said. “Although he is moving on to pursue other opportunities, we appreciate all that he’s done for the program, we are proud that he is earning his Seton Hall degree and we wish him all the best in the future.”

Anthony will earn his Seton Hall degree in Social & Behavioral Sciences. He appeared in 87 career games for the Pirates and is a career 50 percent shooter from the field and 71 percent shooter from the free throw line. Seton Hall’s record in Anthony’s 87 games was 54-33 (.621).

This past season, Anthony had the opportunity to play an NCAA Tournament game in his home state as he and the Pirates appeared in the Greenville, S.C. first-round site, a mere 150 miles from his hometown.

Despite Anthony’s departure, the Pirates have seven returning letterwinners on the 2017-18 roster that bring back 90.5 percent of their scoring and 90.0 percent of their rebounding from last season’s NCAA Tournament squad.

Thank you Rashed! Congratulations on your pending degree and best of luck in your future endeavors as a student-athlete! You will always be part of the Pirate family.

Last edited:
Thanks Rasheed - congrats on your SHU degree that is awesome. You will always be a Pirate!

In looking at our roster that Jerry listed in his article a few comments come to mind:
Guards: Khadeen Carrington, Myles Powell, Myles Cale, Eron Gordon.
Add Jordan Walker and wow! When have we had this many quality guards on our team that can all score the basketball and are all top 150 kids too? Eron Gordon is good and he will be fighting for minutes.

Wings: Desi Rodriguez (Cale also could play wing).
Hello Louis King! We have major minutes available at the wing. Just sign now baby! To all the top wings out there, consider SHU - position available.

Bigs: Angel Delgado, Ish Sanogo, Michael Nzei, Sandro Mamukelashvili, Darnell Brodie, Romaro Gill (likely redshirt).
I'm not sure I can ever remember when we had this many bigs on the roster let alone having multiple quality bigs. Great opportunity for Sandro, Darnell and Romaro to work hard and take the minutes that will become available in the future. And we need Ish and Nzei to round out their game or they will be fighting for minutes too. Can Darnell or Romaro give Angel a few minutes each half and get ready for the future? Grant has a lot of coaching to do but there is a lot of potential post-Angel.

This year should be a lot of fun!

Best of luck in the future, thanks for your efforts. You were and are a class act.

It will be nice to see Gordon make that next step and be a contributor on next year's squad. He has talent and now a year of watching, learning, and maturity...like to see him give us quality minutes

Thanks Rashed and congratulations on earning your degree. Wish him the best of luck in his final year of eligibility. Always thought he was on the cusp of being a very solid contributor. To my untrained eye, it seemed like high DI basketball was a hair too fast for him. I think that he can make an impact if he chooses the right program.

Last edited:
Reactions: Section112
Good luck Rasheed. I was a big fan of his, effort was never a problem with him.

Thanks Rasheed - congrats on your SHU degree that is awesome. You will always be a Pirate!

In looking at our roster that Jerry listed in his article a few comments come to mind:
Guards: Khadeen Carrington, Myles Powell, Myles Cale, Eron Gordon.
Add Jordan Walker and wow! When have we had this many quality guards on our team that can all score the basketball and are all top 150 kids too? Eron Gordon is good and he will be fighting for minutes.

Wings: Desi Rodriguez (Cale also could play wing).
Hello Louis King! We have major minutes available at the wing. Just sign now baby! To all the top wings out there, consider SHU - position available.

Bigs: Angel Delgado, Ish Sanogo, Michael Nzei, Sandro Mamukelashvili, Darnell Brodie, Romaro Gill (likely redshirt).
I'm not sure I can ever remember when we had this many bigs on the roster let alone having multiple quality bigs. Great opportunity for Sandro, Darnell and Romaro to work hard and take the minutes that will become available in the future. And we need Ish and Nzei to round out their game or they will be fighting for minutes too. Can Darnell or Romaro give Angel a few minutes each half and get ready for the future? Grant has a lot of coaching to do but there is a lot of potential post-Angel.

This year should be a lot of fun!
Will be interesting to see given match-ups if Sandro can also play some 3.

It will be nice to see Gordon make that next step and be a contributor on next year's squad. He has talent and now a year of watching, learning, and maturity...like to see him give us quality minutes
Gordon is almost an afterthought coming into the 207/18 season. When was the last time a player of his ability isn't even on the radar as a rotation player entering his sophomore year.

And I say that not in any was to disparage the player. Gordon has legitimate game and 3-4 years ago he would have played serious minutes during his freshmen campaign.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT