ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA vendetta against Seton Hall continues

This is just an assumption based what I've read on this thread and told Wednesday night...I think everyone got screwed except Indiana State.

On Wednesday night i was informed that we didn't get any allotment for Hinkle. I assume all tickets were made available to the general public. My guess is that Indiana State fans were first in line being that they won on Tuesday night. It makes sense that they gobbled up those tickets quickly because they are local. This is the equivalent of the NIT final four being at the RAC and we had full 24-hour window to buy tickets before any other team.

This was kind of the perfect storm for Indiana State.
Exactly, if true makes little sense didnt hold back a certain number of seats for each school in semis, but since Indiana St being local and being in first they probably bought up all the remaining tickets. Kind of stinks for Hall fans (and other schools) that would have made the trip.

Even if an allotment was saved, probably wouldn't make much difference as would still be dominated by Indiana St. as they are local. Just like if the semis and finals were still held at MSG, we would have dominated the crowd.

Reactions: SOBO1
I used to feel this way but I don't anymore. Teams are evaluated on their entire body of work, not just what they do in league play. In the age of super conferences with 18-20 games, there are going to be NCAA worthy teams at 8-10, 9-11, etc. in certain top conferences (such as the Big 12).

As a general rule I'd be against teams under .500 in their league getting in, but there will sometimes be exceptions so I'm against a hard line like that.
And maybe minimizing the conventional thought of how important non-con will be if we start getting above 20 conference games which is high already.

Reactions: shupat08
If this was true someone needs to write an AP story exposing this mismanagement. There are tix on StubHub but at a significant premium of course.
I was logging onto ticketmaster occasionally for the past 10 days or so checking for tix. Every time (with one exception) the site indicated sold out. The one exception was the day of the UNLV game, the site indicated there were limited tix available for $29 face value. Once the UNLV game started however, it was listed as sold out once again. I frequent the ticketmaster site often for other events and have never encountered the oddities I have looking for NIT tix these past 10 days.
The hidden BS fees (convenience fee, venue fee, scratch my ass fee) for these tix is a disgrace and always has been. Too bad no politician has ever taken this seriously and tried to legislate this pure money grab from the public who have no choice but to bend over at the waist, swallow hard and buy the tix. .

The NCAA knows what it’s dealing with with the NIT and worryingly demand, I guess. Sell to anyone! But ding to run a national tournament and not allocate a section for schools just out of good practice.

Ofc we finally get to the semis when it leaves MSG. 🙄

Perfect storm for bid stealers

Perfect storm for losing out on first hand tickets at Hinkle

When’s the sun coming out?

I hope next week !

Seton Hall just got in a small allotment of tickets. Small enough that it probably only covers friends, family and major boosters.

The school isn't happy, obviously. But there is nothing they can do.
I think the 50 or so tickets for family and friends goes without question. I always assumed we would get those. We are talking about the fan allotment that is standard for mutli-team events like this.

Just to play a little Devil's advocate (I still don't agree with it), the NCAA may have thought there would be limited fan interest because fans don't even attend NIT home games on campus. If you're not willing to attend a home game what are the chances you are going to take off work, fly to Indianapolis, book hotels, etc. to go to the Final Four?

They may have thought the best chance to sell as many tickets as possible is to make them all available to general public. I don't know....just a thought.

Just to play a little Devil's advocate (I still don't agree with it), the NCAA may have thought there would be limited fan interest because fans don't even attend NIT home games on campus. If you're not willing to attend a home game what are the chances you are going to take off work, fly to Indianapolis, book hotels, etc. to go to the Final Four?

They may have thought the best chance to sell as many tickets as possible is to make them all available to general public. I don't know....just a thought.
I think you're exactly right, but they probably could've put aside a few hundred for the schools, no? I mean, interest spikes when you make the semis and the final, I think.

I think you're exactly right, but they probably could've put aside a few hundred for the schools, no? I mean, interest spikes when you make the semis and the final, I think.
100% there should have been some allotment for each school. If they were concerned about ticket sales (i.e. enough time to sell unused allotments) they could have made the schools return unsold tickets by today.

Do it like a biwl game. If you make the semis you must but x tickets and same for the finals if you win.

Reactions: TomD82
Seton Hall just got in a small allotment of tickets. Small enough that it probably only covers friends, family and major boosters.

The school isn't happy, obviously. But there is nothing they can do.
Glad to hear but the lightbulb should have gone off in someone's head in the Administration to ask earlier.Our Administration both for the University and the Athletic Dept. is not as proactive as it could be.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Hinkle capacity is 9,100.

There is no reason each of the four semi-finals couldn't have gotten 500-1,000 tickets with the rest going on sale to the general public. If the schools couldn't sell their allotment, they would be turned back for sale.

Having attended the NIT finals at MSG for many years, I can attest to the fact that most years tickets have been easy to come by. The exceptions were when local schools were involved.

I spoke to some guys on the Butler forum. Even they went for tickets early and got a few. But they complained that Indiana State, which was done a day earlier than us and are only 70 miles away from Hinkle grabbed up tickets in the first minutes the window opened. They were pissed because they thought at face they could buy some inexpensive tickets and go and watch some good ball. The aftermarket has more than tripled the price.

Reactions: HallX2
Glad to hear but the lightbulb should have gone off in someone's head in the Administration to ask earlier.Our Administration both for the University and the Athletic Dept. is not as proactive as it could be.
Disageee. They shouldn’t have had to ask. The NCAA should have held back at least 500 per semi until the quarters were finished. In fact only offer 4500 of the 9000 for sale before the quarters are played. This isn’t the NCAA’s first rodeo and they control and dictate everything.

The school isn’t perfect but don’t any of you just get tired of blaming all on the school. Our endowment and NIL are the perfect place for all of us to look in the mirror. The Catholic University of America, just completed a $500 million dollar campaign. This is a D3 school. Back before the current era we played them almost every year in basketball. It’s time for us all to pitch in and help out by giving. We should be able to do this.

Last edited:
Not sure it's been brought up, but can someone explain why we are the late game? Doesn't it make more sense for the East teams play first so UTAH fans can actually watch their team? It's like a 4PM start time for their game.

Disageee. They shouldn’t have had to ask. The NCAA should have held back at least 500 per semi until the quarters were finished. In fact only offer 4500 of the 9000 for sale before the quarters are played. This isn’t the NCAA’s first rodeo and they control and dictate everything.

The school isn’t perfect but don’t any of you just get tired of blaming all on the school. Our endowment and NIL are the perfect place for all of us to look in the mirror. The Catholic University of America, just completed a $500 million dollar campaign. This is a D3 school. Back before the current era we played them almost every year in basketball. It’s time for us all to pitch in and help out by giving. We should be able to do this.

When’s the last time we had a capital campaign? I’ll tell you, the Sheeran administration! How many administrations ago was that? Whose fault is that? Do the alumni get blamed for that too? Seton Hall absolutely sucks at fundraising and seemingly has no plans to change that. Excuses, finger pointing and blaming the alumni for their shortcomings they have down to a T. Hopefully the next president has a clue about fundraising and isn’t afraid of success.

Reactions: newshu1
When’s the last time we had a capital campaign? I’ll tell you, the Sheeran administration! How many administrations ago was that? Whose fault is that? Do the alumni get blamed for that too? Seton Hall absolutely sucks at fundraising and seemingly has no plans to change that. Excuses, finger pointing and blaming the alumni for their shortcomings they have down to a T. Hopefully the next president has a clue about fundraising and isn’t afraid of success.
I believe we had one when Nyre first joined us with a $100 million goal. Again, let’s all look in the mirror and donate

your view is a metaphor for our problem. Our alums don’t give and they blame the administration for not asking enough or the right way or any number of other excuses. You appreciate and want to support SHU? Give

Reactions: setonball46
I was able to buy 4 tix on the Hinkle website but they weren’t cheap and they were nosebleed seats but the place isn’ t that big 9100? after first game I would like to go and sit with Seton Hall fans. At least that’s my plan.

Agree with that, but you can't claim they are screwing you if you get what you deserve.
The horrible ticket situation and late tip on ESPN 2 vs earlier tip on ESPN is different than getting the 3 home games we deserved. They didn't have an option of not giving us the 1 seed... but I'm sure they tried.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Hinson as an RU poster tries so hard to kind of show some impartiality, but usually shows his true side. He hasn't posted here since their W and suddenly shows up to tell us we’re not being screwed even though all tickets went to Indiana state. Nice try, now go away.
He’s a reasonable fan of a rival. His bias is there just as ours is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT