ADVERTISEMENT

NJSIAA refs rig end of game

Camden AD’s ‘Do the Right Thing’ message amid NJ HS basketball buzzer-beat controversy​

By Andrew Battifarano

Their comments are a little disingenuous...I mean, ok you move on...but to mock the team that was obviously robbed....that you clearly lost to...and to flaunt that you "Follow the rules"...and make it sound like arguing a refs call is ridiculous...well, let's just say that should a certain call go against you in the championship...one that fairly clearly is wrong....and it cost you say....the game...lets see how high and mighty you are then.

Again, I have no problem with "let's move on and live with it"...but for Camden to come off as "we would never act like that"...well....walk in a man's shoes...

If in fact that was the Camden ADs account, he should be sanctioned by the Camden HS. Very bad form. Take your lucky win and shut up and prove you are worthy by winning the next game.

If in fact that was the Camden ADs account, he should be sanctioned by the Camden HS. Very bad form. Take your lucky win and shut up and prove you are worthy by winning the next game.
They weren’t worthy of winning this game! How do you know the refs for the next game aren’t in their pocket as well?

Anyone going to the game should chant “cheaters” or the like throughout every single Camden possession.

That would be weak. Camden players did nothing wrong. The outcome might be wrong but you can’t hold it against the players.
Did anyone from Camden step up and admit that Manasquan got royally screwed!? Even if Camden still played, which they shouldn’t, at least admit you should not technically still be playing. Absolutely no one from Camden has done that and with the actions of their so-called AD I wouldn’t hold my breath. Camden deserves all of the berating they receive.

Anyone going to the game should chant “cheaters” or the like throughout every single Camden possession.
Do you think Ohio State should have forfeited that game to Rutgers last year? Where do you draw the line on these situations? That’s the problem.

Did anyone from Camden step up and admit that Manasquan got royally screwed!? Even if Camden still played, which they shouldn’t, at least admit you should not technically still be playing. Absolutely no one from Camden has done that and with the actions of their so-called AD I wouldn’t hold my breath. Camden deserves all of the berating they receive.
If clougerty made that awful call against michigan i am sure pj would have ceded that the nc and you would have said good decision.

Reactions: HallLine69
If clougerty made that awful call against michigan i am sure pj would have ceded that the nc and you would have said good decision.
I think you can both accept the outcome and also admit a mistake was made. Additionally, with Manasquan, the outcome was changed after the final horn and after an assistant coach from Camden went crying to the refs.

I think you can both accept the outcome and also admit a mistake was made. Additionally, with Manasquan, the outcome was changed after the final horn and after an assistant coach from Camden went crying to the refs.
Everyone admits a mistake was made and the rules dont allow it to be overturned

Order of events

The shot originally ruled good at end of reg then a change took place

What about years ago when SHU had 6 players on court and we beat Georgetown. Did we give that win back?

Sure Manasquan got screwed by bad call, unfortunately it happens, time for everyone to move on from this.

Luckily Manasquan players have more class than some posters. They actually stood for over two minutes and gave Camden a standing ovation when the game ended today.

Something tells me if the situation was reverse and Camden had made this shot and got robbed, there would likely be more vocal protests going on.

One thing not mentioned in all of this is that Manasquan held a 13 point lead going into the 4th quarter and was shutout the entire quarter (not counting the buzzer beater of course).

Something tells me if the situation was reverse and Camden had made this shot and got robbed, there would likely be more vocal protests going on.

One thing not mentioned in all of this is that Manasquan held a 13 point lead going into the 4th quarter and was shutout the entire quarter (not counting the buzzer beater of course).
That is due to their coach going into a stall and not even trying to score. Horrible coaching.

What is it that gives you that feeling?

And how much more could they have done? Manasquan literally made it a court case.

How could any school possibly be more vocal than Manasquan was?

Reactions: SHUSource

Your 2nd paragraph is what people should be discussing following that game. When is New Jersey going to adopt a shot-clock?

Ah details, details. Lol
I didn’t know that…frankly you can’t do that and expect to win. They were still robbed, but now maybe there were two lessons in here…one a “life” lesson to the players, life isn’t fair, the other a coaching lesson…keep playing the game the way you first built the 13 point lead, instead of retreating into a shell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT