ADVERTISEMENT

October Recruiting

Could this mean it’s not a given that Ashton smith is going to Texas am...

Did Texas A&M offer another big? What is the same day as Ashton Smith is going to announce?

Texas A&M offered Ashton Smith then JUCO Sydney Curry

Seton Hall the same

Kansas offered Sydney Curry and a new 2021 big.

Dominos starting to fall. Just hope they fall our way!

FYI, it may mean nothing but Ashton Smith "liked" Texas A&M's last recruit that just committed. I think we have a shot but looks like a big Texas A&M lean plus the crystal balls there as well....

FYI, it may mean nothing but Ashton Smith "liked" Texas A&M's last recruit that just committed. I think we have a shot but looks like a big Texas A&M lean plus the crystal balls there as well....

I’d be shocked if it wasn’t A&M

Artie, the fact that no new bigs from the 2021 class are being mentioned makes me believe that if we don't land Smith there is another unknown player. This would continue a trend with our 2021 class.

Artie, the fact that no new bigs from the 2021 class are being mentioned makes me believe that if we don't land Smith there is another unknown player. This would continue a trend with our 2021 class.

Boy, I hope we don't miss out on Smith. He's been a significant target. We've been on him for a while. When a few of the other Power 5's recruiting him secured other front court commitments, I resigned myself to thinking we'd land the kid. It would be unfortunate for A&M to swoop in and take him from us when we've been after the kid for so long. I get the geographic nexus of A&M to the kid, that A&M is a big time school and that Buzz is a helluva coach who has been successful, won tourney games and put kids in the league, but it would still sting.

Boy, I hope we don't miss out on Smith. He's been a significant target. We've been on him for a while. When a few of the other Power 5's recruiting him secured other front court commitments, I resigned myself to thinking we'd land the kid. It would be unfortunate for A&M to swoop in and take him from us when we've been after the kid for so long. I get the geographic nexus of A&M to the kid, that A&M is a big time school and that Buzz is a helluva coach who has been successful, won tourney games and put kids in the league, but it would still sting.

It seems like most of the optimism around this kid has been generated by posters here and not really from anywhere else.

They are recruiting a higher level of kids right now, so it’s a lot harder to land those kids, simply because the level of recruiting competition is so fierce. If this kid were to come, it would be great, but there’s never been a true sign that he would.

It seems like most of the optimism around this kid has been generated by posters here and not really from anywhere else.

They are recruiting a higher level of kids right now, so it’s a lot harder to land those kids, simply because the level of recruiting competition is so fierce. If this kid were to come, it would be great, but there’s never been a true sign that he would.
This is the case quite often.

Until the A&M offer...we were in his final 4, spoke highly of us, shared and liked Hall related stuff sooooo....there were true signs.

Reactions: mbraue
We aren't, it's been noted numerous times.

If we miss out on Smith, I assume we have someone on the back burner that nobody knows about.
i assume we will be heavy into the transfer market this spring Instead of trying to get a diamond in the rough HS Big.

Until the A&M offer...we were in his final 4, spoke highly of us, shared and liked Hall related stuff sooooo....there were true signs.

But that comes from a lot of kids.... which is a good thing with these high-level players.... but never, ever a reason to write this kid in the win column

But that comes from a lot of kids.... which is a good thing with these high-level players.... but never, ever a reason to write this kid in the win column

I hear you Lloyde. Maybe I was overly optimistic. Or maybe I’m too pessimistic now. There were a few posts from folks who seem more in the know that this was going to be a “done”. I guess we will see.

You are talking extremes here. We were/are in the mix while not favorite. It wasn’t like etienne where we had no info and just speculation. Also no posters that I’ve seen said he was definitely coming here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT