ADVERTISEMENT

Omicron is a Good Thing

Pirata

All American
Dec 21, 2009
I just listened to a segment with Dr Robert Malone, inventor of the MRNA vaccine platform.

The net of his comments was that Omicron is acting like a natural vaccine. It is highly contagious with low health impact. He had the death count worldwide at 10.

So in short the omicron spreads itself around and people who get it benefit from the immune response that it causes. He described it as a free and naturally occurring vaccine.

He went on to say that the media is misrepresenting its benefits and fear-mongering.

I agree. Let it rip and quickly, then we'll hopefully be through with all of this. This is the pandemic burning itself out right in front of us.

I agree. Let it rip and quickly, then we'll hopefully be through with all of this. This is the pandemic burning itself out right in front of us.

This definitely not right lol. More variants will replicate and will evade natural immunity. Omicron is already doing that. Our government officials will be closing the tri state area in a few days too.

I just listened to a segment with Dr Robert Malone, inventor of the MRNA vaccine platform.

The net of his comments was that Omicron is acting like a natural vaccine. It is highly contagious with low health impact. He had the death count worldwide at 10.

So in short the omicron spreads itself around and people who get it benefit from the immune response that it causes. He described it as a free and naturally occurring vaccine.

He went on to say that the media is misrepresenting its benefits and fear-mongering.

Also are you taking about this Dr Robert Malone? This man is a fraud. He actually didn't find mRNA vaccines. He claims he did.

damn i got delta i think, early nov. not gonna be able to catch omicron

I read and watched an interesting presentation by Pfizer. Predictions are now that the pandemic will last until at least 2024. Omicron already has 50 mutations. To say omicron is a good thing is unequivocally false.

Pfizer is now arguing that omicron has just extended the pandemic at least another 2 years. Not got news at all. Omicron is definitely not a good thing.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news who listen to this umm stuff…

for anyone to give an absolute statement (at this time) that omicron is good news is just playing to their base.

we know previous infection from previous variants and 1 to 2 dose vaccines, not as protective at first with Omicron. We also know the monoclonal antibodies DO NOT work against this variant. We also know this variant is more contagious, almost towards measles levels so more folks will get it.

The innate severity of the variant is still yet to be determined. Even if his small sample he references holds to be true, and severity is less (I hope so!) more folks will get it, plus treatments dont work as well could mean yes, omicron is bad news.

It’s a fact that 3 dose vaccine much better protection than unvaccinated with previous infection (previous variant) as well as only 1/2 dose vaccines. He is lying to you there.

And if you can admit to yourself his statements are being used to play you because there is no way for him to conclude omicron is good, would you think Fox News or this doctor is credible?

I know folks that watch this stuff, this won’t change your mind but I would say the same thing if someone posted a MSNBC video with a quack doc saying the sky is falling with omicron.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news who listen to this umm stuff…

for anyone to give an absolute statement (at this time) that omicron is good news is just playing to their base.

we know previous infection from previous variants and 1 to 2 dose vaccines, not as protective at first with Omicron. We also know the monoclonal antibodies DO NOT work against this variant. We also know this variant is more contagious, almost towards measles levels so more folks will get it.

The innate severity of the variant is still yet to be determined. Even if his small sample he references holds to be true, and severity is less (I hope so!) more folks will get it, plus treatments dont work as well could mean yes, omicron is bad news.

It’s a fact that 3 dose vaccine much better protection than unvaccinated with previous infection (previous variant) as well as only 1/2 dose vaccines. He is lying to you there.

And if you can admit to yourself his statements are being used to play you because there is no way for him to conclude omicron is good, would you think Fox News or this doctor is credible?

I know folks that watch this stuff, this won’t change your mind but I would say the same thing if someone posted a MSNBC video with a quack doc saying the sky is falling with omicron.

I wouldn’t say anything definitive at this point, but so far it does seem like it is incredibly contagious but a smaller proportion have severe disease. Could be because it’s just not as bad, could also be because of natural immunity and vaccines playing a role. Not great news, but not really bad news yet either.

Reactions: Potbelly407

As I watch how Omnicron is mild for vaxed people, I am actually thinking differently. I’m tripled vaxed. Why should life change for those who did the responsible thing and got vaccinated?

Let the virus go through the population. I feel so bad for the hospital workers who have to take care of people who were too obstinate to get the shot. For me, they (the un vaxed)! would be low priority for health care. You had your chance. Now go down on your beliefs.

If there is some evidence that This variant is deadly to the vaxed, then I would have a different opinion. But what it looks like right now, let those who do nothing run all the risks.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
As I watch how Omnicron is mild for vaxed people, I am actually thinking differently. I’m tripled vaxed. Why should life change for those who did the responsible thing and got vaccinated?

Let the virus go through the population. I feel so bad for the hospital workers who have to take care of people who were too obstinate to get the shot. For me, they (the un vaxed)! would be low priority for health care. You had your chance. Now go down on your beliefs.

If there is some evidence that This variant is deadly to the vaxed, then I would have a different opinion. But what it looks like right now, let those who do nothing run all the risks.
Or the short answer….just let people make their own decisions.

It's mild for everyone... Good to know you're a divider with no interest in unity. Maybe even a psychopath too!

Or the short answer….just let people make their own decisions.
You mean like we do with smoking, diet, exercise, now marijuana, alcohol etc. Imagine saying screw the fat bastards, they didn’t do the responsible thing. It’s amazing who we can pick and choose to say their choices are irresponsible and shame them and who we cannot shame for their decisions. People who take no responsibility for their health on a daily basis but got a shot are good. People who exercise, stay away from red meat, sugar, don’t smoke, load up on all the right supplements, etc but didn’t get the shot are bad.

I feel bad for the hospital workers that were fired

Reactions: flconticello
Yes, you mean the hospital workers who came to work every day and put their lives on the line to treat the sickest of the sick? Nice way to say thank you, by canning them.

They did a great job. That doesnt give them immunity to carry infectious disease into a hospital setting. This isnt hard.

I can see giving choice to certain professions, not healthcare workers.

Reactions: cernjSHU
Always a great thing to have infectious diseases in a hospital 🙄
That’s why people go to the hospital. To get treatment for infectious disease

You’re fully aware that people get covid , whether “vaxxed” or not, right?
See Cornell University, SHU Hoops and the pro sports leagues as recent examples.

Healthcare Workers were our heros all throughout 2020 on the frontlines.

Now they are disposable cuz they decided to not get jabbed even after being at Ground Zero for over a year. I trust their judgment more than politicians and hospital bureaucrats.

Reactions: shu09
They did a great job. That doesnt give them immunity to carry infectious disease into a hospital setting. This isnt hard.

I can see giving choice to certain professions, not healthcare workers.
They could do that if they are vaccinated….

And with a shortage of healthcare workers (most hospitals are down by 2.0-15% in staff), you don’t think that puts patients at risk?

Reactions: shu09
They could do that if they are vaccinated….

And with a shortage of healthcare workers (most hospitals are down by 2.0-15% in staff), you don’t think that puts patients at risk?

Sigh. The vaccine isnt 100% effective, acknowledged. You're less likely to become infected and spread Covid-19 when vaccinated versus unvaccinated.

Reactions: cernjSHU

See Cornell University, SHU Hoops and the pro sports leagues as recent examples.

Now they are disposable cuz they decided to not get jabbed even after being at Ground Zero for over a year. I trust their judgment more than
Itspoliticians and hospital bureaucrats.

Vaccinated get infected at a much lower rate than unvaccinated, fact.

Sigh. The vaccine isnt 100% effective, acknowledged. You're less likely to become infected and spread Covid-19 when vaccinated versus unvaccinated.
No reason to sigh.
You’re not breaking news either.

You really don’t think nearly every healthcare worker that was on the frontlines during 2020 hasn’t yet been exposed to Covid and recovered with natural immunity?

If you don’t understand that fact, That’s a reason to sigh

No reason to sigh.
You’re not breaking news either.

You really don’t think nearly every healthcare worker that was on the frontlines during 2020 hasn’t yet been exposed to Covid and recovered with natural immunity?

If you don’t understand that fact, That’s a reason to sigh

That's a pretty big assumption, not a fact. Workers had PPE and it was quite effective. There is no firm data on how long someone is immune from reinfection after contracting covid.

What’s “less likely”? My point is you can still spread it, so firing the bravest because they are unvaccinated and putting patients at risk in other ways just doesn’t seem prudent. If you’re that concerned have them test weekly or wear extra PPE,

What’s “less likely”? My point is you can still spread it, so firing the bravest because they are unvaccinated and putting patients at risk in other ways just doesn’t seem prudent. If you’re that concerned have them test weekly or wear extra PPE,

Six times more likely.

Testing weekly gives a 7 day gap, daily could be a solution though?

Six times more likely.

Testing weekly gives a 7 day gap, daily could be a solution though?
If you’re coding and a nurse isn’t available I am l less concerned about vax status. This doesn’t happen in a vacuum. Hospitals are dangerously understaffed. And since they are restricting visitors you’ve lost the ability to have a family advocate stay with you.

It's mild for everyone... Good to know you're a divider with no interest in unity. Maybe even a psychopath too!
Not a divider. Just giving what people want right. If you don’t want the vax face the consequences. Put up or shut up. Tired of this ridiculous anti- vax stance and your clear hypocrisy.

SHU 09 was a huge advocate during the beginning of CoVid to let the virus go through the population. Only .5% of the population would die and they were old. He didn’t care that hundreds of thousands would die. HAll 85 likes to point out that it’s the unhealthy fat people who are partícula susceptible to CoVid. We should be getting people to eat healthy.

Now, when we have a vaccine. The Omnicron variant as SHU 09 is mild to all people. So if that’s true, let it spread throughout the population as you advocated for. But, if you haven’t done all you can to protect yourself, why should the rest of the population suffer? Why should we have hospital workers go crazy once again dealing with the tremendous sickness abs death? That’s right doctors and nurses signed up for this. My wife is a nurse and in her 20 years of nursing she never saw so much death and she worked in te cardiac stroke ward. Then there is the constant protective gear that they have to wear for their 12 hour shift. This is very difficult on them. But you are a callous uncaring person.

You talk about freedoms but freedoms come with consequences. You didn’t believe in medicine. You didn’t believe in the vaccine because u eat well, don’t drink and are so healthy. Yet u got the vaccine. Stick to your guns man. So what is it, vaccine doesn’t work and Covid is a joke. If it’s going to be mild as u say, then hospitalizations won’t be that bad.

I’m just taking your beliefs to the lógica conclusion. Let it rip. See what shakes out. But don’t go begging for hospital care. You had every opportunity.

Now they are disposable cuz they decided to not get jabbed even after being at Ground Zero for over a year. I trust their judgment more than politicians and hospital bureaucrats.
This is such a small minority at NJ hospitals. Btw, hospitals are short staffed because more people quit during CoVid because they do not want to deal with the avalanche that was CoVid. May be a bigger percentage in other states. But, makes no sense for a patient who is in the hospital being treated for cancer, heart or Orthopedic issues to be treated by a nurse who is unvaxed in an environment where there is a high presence of CoVid. That is a huge liability issue.

So should unvaxed hospital workers be exempted from taking care of CoVid patients because how easily they can get it? They should avoid working it to the detriment of the other workers who received the vaccine?

Plus the hypocrisy that you are in medicine and you didn’t get vaxed is not lost on anyone.

This is such a small minority at NJ hospitals. Btw, hospitals are short staffed because more people quit during CoVid because they do not want to deal with the avalanche that was CoVid. May be a bigger percentage in other states. But, makes no sense for a patient who is in the hospital being treated for cancer, heart or Orthopedic issues to be treated by a nurse who is unvaxed in an environment where there is a high presence of CoVid. That is a huge liability issue.

So should unvaxed hospital workers be exempted from taking care of CoVid patients because how easily they can get it? They should avoid working it to the detriment of the other workers who received the vaccine?

Plus the hypocrisy that you are in medicine and you didn’t get vaxed is not lost on anyone.
Have to respectfully disagree. It doesn't have to be a vax vs. unvax issue when there are options. We don't need to fire people when we can least afford to have even more of a shortage of healthcare workers.

If healthcare worker chooses not to vaccinate , why not offer regular testing? That will ensure that the patients stay safe and we don't create more of a staffing crisis than what we have now.

And hospitals are shortstaffed for many reasons: Burnout, lack of childcare, nurses leaving current positions to become a traveling nurse at 3X their current salary, and now mandates. And I don't see it improving anytime soon. Instead of finding ways to retain them, we shouldn't be putting mandates in place that push more away in a crisis.

Reactions: Potbelly407
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT