ADVERTISEMENT

Omicron is a Good Thing

Interesting that the first confirmed death from Omicron is an unvaccinated man in his 50s that had previously recovered from Covid. The next 2 weeks will be telling, but hopefully this burns thru the country with minimal casualties and we can forget Covid.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
minimal casualties and we can forget Covid.

How can you back this up? Now way we can forget covid after this variant. More than likely omicron will just mutate to another variant that evades prior and immunity. We will be worrying about covid for the next several years, my friend.

How can you back this up? Now way we can forget covid after this variant. More than likely omicron will just mutate to another variant that evades prior and immunity. We will be worrying about covid for the next several years, my friend.
Pipe down on the “we”, many aren’t worried now. Being vaccinated, I’m pretty sure I’ll get it at some point and most likely be mild.

You can continue to worry and continue your farcical narrative.

Reactions: Pirata
This definitely not right lol. More variants will replicate and will evade natural immunity. Omicron is already doing that. Our government officials will be closing the tri state area in a few days too.
No. Omicron is evading some of the monoclonal antibodies and the crappy gene therapy shots. If it were evading natural immunity people would be dying in mass.

Do you enjoy being locked up and your rights stripped?

I read and watched an interesting presentation by Pfizer. Predictions are now that the pandemic will last until at least 2024. Omicron already has 50 mutations. To say omicron is a good thing is unequivocally false.

Are you this gullible? Pfizer presentation? Do you have any idea how many billions they are making from their jabs? This is the worst news possible for Pfizer. Virus amounting to the sniffles and at the same time providing natural immunity? How are people this naive?

Reactions: PirateFan94
They did a great job. That doesnt give them immunity to carry infectious disease into a hospital setting. This isnt hard.

I can see giving choice to certain professions, not healthcare workers.
Many of them contracted the disease and have natural immunity. Why take the gene therapy experiment? I won't call it a vaccine because it's not.

Have to respectfully disagree. It doesn't have to be a vax vs. unvax issue when there are options. We don't need to fire people when we can least afford to have even more of a shortage of healthcare workers.

If healthcare worker chooses not to vaccinate , why not offer regular testing? That will ensure that the patients stay safe and we don't create more of a staffing crisis than what we have now.

And hospitals are shortstaffed for many reasons: Burnout, lack of childcare, nurses leaving current positions to become a traveling nurse at 3X their current salary, and now mandates. And I don't see it improving anytime soon. Instead of finding ways to retain them, we shouldn't be putting mandates in place that push more away in a crisis.
They do down here in NC

Sure if you keep jabbing people with more experimental gene therapies they sure will mutate again.

HAll 85 likes to point out that it’s the unhealthy fat people who are partícula susceptible to CoVid. We should be getting people to eat healthy.

Now, when we have a vaccine. The Omnicron variant as SHU 09 is mild to all people. So if that’s true, let it spread throughout the population as you advocated for. But, if you haven’t done all you can to protect yourself, why should the rest of the population suffer?
Just to clarify as you've quoted me in your response. First of all, I've never referred to "fat" people, but have pointed to the data on comorbidities. We can certainly frame this as a pandemic of the unvaccinated, but the data also shows we can frame it as a pandemic of several comorbidities. From the NIH Library in August.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34449622/

A total of 39,451 COVID-19 deaths were identified from four States that had comorbidity data, including Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, and New York. 92.8% of the COVID-19 deaths were associated with a pre-existing comorbidity. The risk of mortality associated with at least one comorbidity combined was 1113 times higher than that with no comorbidity.

And just to be clear, I am not advising anyone not to take the vaccine, but if we really wanted to reduce hospitalizations and death, this is where we should have started at the beginning (before we even had a vaccine). Now I know some people will say "everybody has a comorbidity, but a) that is not true and b) that is no reason to try to eliminate one if it is in control of the patient.

With regard to young athletes being vaxed, show me the athlete in any level of sports (besides maybe professional bowling) who got the disease and either died or were so severely impacted it effected their career? I'll wait. There aren't any.

However on google you'll find a million article trying to fact check all the claims of the gene therapy (their"vaccine") is killing young healthy athletes at all levels. They are absolutely gaslighting everyone. It's happening and they blatantly lie and tell is it's not true.

With regard to young athletes being vaxed, show me the athlete in any level of sports (besides maybe professional bowling) who got the disease and either died or were so severely impacted it effected their career? I'll wait. There aren't any.

However on google you'll find a million article trying to fact check all the claims of the gene therapy (their"vaccine") is killing young healthy athletes at all levels. They are absolutely gaslighting everyone. It's happening and they blatantly lie and tell is it's not true.

The vaccine is killing young athletes? Can you name 5 young athletes that have died in the last year? 2? 1?

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Just to clarify as you've quoted me in your response. First of all, I've never referred to "fat" people, but have pointed to the data on comorbidities. We can certainly frame this as a pandemic of the unvaccinated, but the data also shows we can frame it as a pandemic of several comorbidities. From the NIH Library in August.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34449622/

A total of 39,451 COVID-19 deaths were identified from four States that had comorbidity data, including Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, and New York. 92.8% of the COVID-19 deaths were associated with a pre-existing comorbidity. The risk of mortality associated with at least one comorbidity combined was 1113 times higher than that with no comorbidity.

And just to be clear, I am not advising anyone not to take the vaccine, but if we really wanted to reduce hospitalizations and death, this is where we should have started at the beginning (before we even had a vaccine). Now I know some people will say "everybody has a comorbidity, but a) that is not true and b) that is no reason to try to eliminate one if it is in control of the patient.
id love a breakdown of comorbidities. couldnt everyone have a comorbidity at some point?

is it like 90% overweight?
90% old age
50% diabetes
50% immuno compromised? and what does that mean, lots of people may be unknowingly immunocompromisied
50% respiratory conditions etc

i think that would be super helpful

id love a breakdown of comorbidities. couldnt everyone have a comorbidity at some point?

90% old age
50% diabetes
50% immuno compromised? and what does that mean, lots of people may be unknowingly immunocompromisied

Read the study…it provides many of those stats.

And no, not everybody has the comorbidities listed.

Read the study…it provides many of those stats.

And no, not everybody has the comorbidities listed.
still would like more. is hypertension code for obesity here?

cause then inwould interpret diabetes as type 2

but then kidney disease is up there, which could nod towards type 1

i know a few people with type 1, it sucks.

The vaccine is killing young athletes? Can you name 5 young athletes that have died in the last year? 2? 1?
The sports world has mostly mandated vaccines and athletes have been forced to either abandon their careers or get the jab. Since the COVID vaccines became available, nearly 300 athletes have experienced cardiac arrest and over 167 have died.

The American Journal of Roentgenology published an article on cases of myocarditis (i.e., heart inflammation) among athletes who received the vaccination.

I can’t respond to a random stream of consciousness. Is there a point in there that you’re trying to make?

90% old age
50% diabetes

I had a discussion with a friend in pulmonary health care who said 90% of the cases he's seen requiring hospitalization have been severely overweight or had diabetes which is linked to being overweight. He gave an example of an odd couple that were admitted. The husband was mid 30's and severely overweight. The wife was in her early 80's and in good health. (Don't ask). Both were vaccinated BTW. Within a day of pulmonary therapy it was determined that they could not get the husband's oxygen levels up and he had to be intubated. He subsequently died 3 days later. The 80 something wife started to recover after a few days and has survived with no after effects other than losing her husband. It is in line with everything that has been said about the virus, if you have co-morbidities you are at risk. If not the risk is minimal. This is why young student athletes face very little risk not being vaccinated.

The sports world has mostly mandated vaccines and athletes have been forced to either abandon their careers or get the jab. Since the COVID vaccines became available, nearly 300 athletes have experienced cardiac arrest and over 167 have died.

The American Journal of Roentgenology published an article on cases of myocarditis (i.e., heart inflammation) among athletes who received the vaccination.

The link to 300 athletes that have died just lists athletes that died, which sadly occurs every year.

Hank Aaron at 86 years old is a suspicious death for them?

How does this years numbers compare to pre-vaccine years?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t respond to a random stream of consciousness. Is there a point in there that you’re trying to make?
i asked some questions. is hypertension code for obesity?

is diabetes more type 1 or type 2?

Now I know some people will say "everybody has a comorbidity, but a) that is not true

Not everyone. Just most adults in the US.

hypertension ~ 116 million adults
Diabetes ~ 32 million adults
cardiovascular disease - 18 million adults.

Some overlap there obviously, but more than half of the adults in this country have at least 1 of the most prevalent comorbidities.

The link to 300 athletes that have died just lists athletes that died, which also occurs in every other year.

Hank Aaron at 86 years old is a suspicious death for them?
College football players collapsing and dying (sad but unfortunately happens every year)

How does this years numbers compare to previous years?
You can't see the chart from the beginning of the year which climbs as vaccination numbers increase.

Some overlap there obviously, but more than half of the adults in this country have at least 1 of the most prevalent comorbidities.
So, if we don't have one can we please go back to normal life and not be required to be part of an experiment?

i asked some questions. is hypertension code for obesity?

is diabetes more type 1 or type 2?

New York data includes obesity rates specifically. I remember early data from new York. like 40% of Covid deaths were obese people and 60% had hypertension. Something like that.

It means nothing unless compared to previous years. Do you have data on how many athletes die in previous years?

That website is garbage.

• Haha
Reactions: flconticello

So if you have a treatable comorbidity, wouldn't it make sense to work with your physician on a plan to reduce or eliminate it/them? The data shows you would stand a great chance of avoiding hospitalization or death. Or should you throw your hands up in the air, get vaccinated, do nothing else and still have a significant risk? 95% of people that have diabetes are type II. It's treatable, but you need a plan, and if that plan was started two years ago, you would have substantially reduced your risk factor.

New York data includes obesity rates specifically. I remember early data from new York. like 40% of Covid deaths were obese people and 60% had hypertension. Something like that.
I believe that was the initial study from Northwell Health which took a huge bolus of the first patients.

So if you have a treatable comorbidity, wouldn't it make sense to work with your physician on a plan to reduce or eliminate it/them? The data shows you would stand a great chance of avoiding hospitalization or death. Or should you throw your hands up in the air, get vaccinated, do nothing else and still have a significant risk? 95% of people that have diabetes are type II. It's treatable, but you need a plan, and if that plan was started two years ago, you would have substantially reduced your risk factor.

Why are your scenarios exclusive to one option? How about both?

Yes. They should have a plan to reduce their comorbidities and they should get vaccinated.

Why are your scenarios exclusive to one option? How about both?

Yes. They should have a plan to reduce their comorbidities and they should get vaccinated.
It’s not exclusive but there is zero messaging on the first.

Pretty sure hypertension is code for hypertension.

Reactions: HALL85
That website is garbage.

You're calling that website garbage while citing FactCheck? LMAO. That's a good one. I needed a good laugh.

From Capital Research Group:

Summary: Both of the nation’s most prominent fact-checking organizations—FactCheck.org and PolitiFact—tilt to the political left, which makes them representative of the majority of journalists who also lean to port. Both of these groups go far beyond what they say they do, claiming to fact-check subjective things like political rhetoric that are not susceptible to fact-checking.

You're calling that website garbage while citing FactCheck? LMAO. That's a good one. I needed a good laugh.

Yes. It is garbage.
They have a list of people who have collapsed or died in the last year.
They do not have a list of people who were confirmed to be vaccinated and the collapsed or died.

Also, Covid does have a higher incidence rate of myocarditis than any vaccine. So, when they use Alex Staloc in their list who was diagnosed with Covid AND myocarditis before any vaccine was available, or Miguel Antonio Lugo who was not eligible for a vaccine yet when he died, maybe the list is not really accurate, and is actually the gaslighting source here?

Reactions: HallBall02
Yes. It is garbage.
They do not have a list of people who were confirmed to be vaccinated and the collapsed or died.

Also, Covid does have a higher incidence rate of myocarditis than any vaccine. So, when they use Alex Staloc in their list who was diagnosed with Covid AND myocarditis before any vaccine was available, or Miguel Antonio Lugo who was not eligible for a vaccine yet when he died, maybe the list is not really accurate, and is actually the gaslighting source here?
You have to be able to follow data...Maybe you're not capable. Virus has been around for 2 years. The number of these cases were very low in 2020. Then as the vaccines are rolled out, the cases surge. You can't blame that on the virus or you would have seen that last year as well which the data shows didn't happen. FarceCheck just spins much like dem politicians.

• Love
Yes. It is garbage.

I applaud your patience Merge. Glad there are others doing their part in combatting false information that is constantly being spread. To me it’s way too exhausting.

incidence of myocarditis with covid infection >>>>> myocarditis with vaccine.

get your boosters people!

You have to be able to follow data...Maybe you're not capable. Virus has been around for 2 years. The number of these cases were very low in 2020. Then as the vaccines are rolled out, the cases surge. You can't blame that on the virus or you would have seen that last year as well which the data shows didn't happen. FarceCheck just spins much like dem politicians.

Actually the surge in late 2020 started prior to the vaccines being available and dropped to low levels when we get around 20% of the country vaccinated.

The surge in the fall of 2021 was very much among the unvaccinated as you can see in this link.

I do follow data. Fairly closely actually, and not from facebook or whatever brought you to "goodsciencing.com" lol...

merge is the only guy here that knows not only how to measure data right, he knows the right dsta to measure. most covid debates are correctly measuring the wrong thing.

Reactions: MTOleBlue and Merge
merge is the only guy here that knows not only how to measure data right, he knows the right dsta to measure. most covid debates are correctly measuring the wrong thing.

Appreciate that. Honestly, a big part of what I do for a living is to review and find holes in audit analytics, and also train staff on how to design them properly. I always approach things with skepticism and remove any bias I might have when looking at data. Not that I am perfect, but I do try to have honest discussions here.

Appreciate that. Honestly, a big part of what I do for a living is to review and find holes in audit analytics, and also train staff on how to design them properly. I always approach things with skepticism and remove any bias I might have when looking at data. Not that I am perfect, but I do try to have honest discussions here.
my job used to be analytics manipulating data to support our sales team for a digital marketing company. im an expert in spinning bs.

• Love
Reactions: flconticello
Thank you the laugh. Needed it.

Glad I could help.

fwiw, make your data assumptions before you look at the data. Think about what it will look like if it proves your assumptions are correct and also what could show you your assumptions are not correct. No one is perfect though and I have gotten some stuff wrong, but always supported by views which I think have held up pretty well over the last couple years on this topic. Like when I said that Florida proved it was safe for kids to go back to school normally. That's not something that would theoretically line up with a leftist view, but that is what the data showed.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT