ADVERTISEMENT

Omicron is a Good Thing

Glad I could help.

fwiw, make your data assumptions before you look at the data. Think about what it will look like if it proves your assumptions are correct and also what could show you your assumptions are not correct. No one is perfect though and I have gotten some stuff wrong, but always supported by views which I think have held up pretty well over the last couple years on this topic. Like when I said that Florida proved it was safe for kids to go back to school normally. That's not something that would theoretically line up with a leftist view, but that is what the data showed.

Yep you're right! You were definitely wrong that the pandemic would be over in June 2021 😂

Glad I could help.

fwiw, make your data assumptions before you look at the data. Think about what it will look like if it proves your assumptions are correct and also what could show you your assumptions are not correct. No one is perfect though and I have gotten some stuff wrong, but always supported by views which I think have held up pretty well over the last couple years on this topic. Like when I said that Florida proved it was safe for kids to go back to school normally. That's not something that would theoretically line up with a leftist view, but that is what the data showed.
Then you’d Admit the date in your own sources say the occurrence of death for unvaccinated in recent numbers is 14 per 100,000 cases or .014%. Or 99.986% survival rate. That’s from your post from CDC numbers. It’s in the chart. Most people will just look at the manipulated spike like Biden did with the drop in gas prices by only including a 3 day sample. Made a $.04 drop look huge.

It’s ok you can say it. We know.

Reactions: PirateFan94
Then you’d Admit the date in your own sources say the occurrence of death for unvaccinated in recent numbers is 14 per 100,000 cases or .014%. Or 99.986% survival rate. That’s from your post from CDC numbers. It’s in the chart. Most people will just look at the manipulated spike like Biden did with the drop in gas prices by only including a 3 day sample. Made a $.04 drop look huge.

It’s ok you can say it. We know.

No…. That’s not what that link shows, or even remotely close really.

If you approached the discussion in good faith, I’d explain why. Take the time and understand what it actually says.

Circling back. Is omicron still a good thing?

Hospitalizations up 54% in Jersey. See below from and MD doctor as well.

I thought omicron was a good thing and would be more mild? 4 states have now broken daily records for daily covid hospitalizations.

Is omicron still a good thing? Yes

Its shutting down stores. No

Is that a good thing to you? You already asked that.

So you are saying omicron is not shutting down stores? If that's your take, then that's incorrect.

You can interpret that as shutting down stores is not a good thing.
My advice to you is to start drinking heavily for the rest of the evening.

Per Governor Murphy. Our hospitals could see a record number of covid cases the next few weeks. He stated an "omicron tsunami" is coming.

@HALL85 Have you heard this from you "Executive Hospital" friends?

You can interpret that as shutting down stores is not a good thing.
My advice to you is to start drinking heavily for the rest of the evening.
Hahaha
Heard nova people going to reds before game
Is that a Rutgers bar? Is it shut down?

NJ covid hospitalizations have surged by over 2,000 in the last week. Total covid hospitalizations are now over 5,000. That number has not been seen since the beginning of this pandemic. I thought the doctors and epidemiologists on this board told me that omicron was mild? Unfortunately I was right when I predicted a terrible winter surge would happen. Posterz on this board told me this wouldn't happen. They also told me we wouldn't have to wear masks at the rock (I said this would happen and was right as well)

Unfortunately we still be dealing with this pandemic for several more years.

From NYT Morning newsletter today:

Before Omicron, a typical vaccinated 75-year-old who contracted Covid had a roughly similar risk of death — around 1 in 200 — as a typical 75-year-old who contracted the flu. (Here are the detailsbehind that calculation, which is based on an academic study.)​
Omicron has changed the calculation. Because it is milder than earlier versions of the virus, Covid now appears to present less threat to most vaccinated elderly people than the annual flu does.​
The flu, of course, does present risk for the elderly. And the sheer size of the Omicron surge may argue for caution over the next few weeks. But the combination of vaccines and Omicron’s apparent mildness means that, for an individual, Covid increasingly resembles the kind of health risk that people accept every day.​

From NYT Morning newsletter today:

Before Omicron, a typical vaccinated 75-year-old who contracted Covid had a roughly similar risk of death — around 1 in 200 — as a typical 75-year-old who contracted the flu. (Here are the detailsbehind that calculation, which is based on an academic study.)​
Omicron has changed the calculation. Because it is milder than earlier versions of the virus, Covid now appears to present less threat to most vaccinated elderly people than the annual flu does.​
The flu, of course, does present risk for the elderly. And the sheer size of the Omicron surge may argue for caution over the next few weeks. But the combination of vaccines and Omicron’s apparent mildness means that, for an individual, Covid increasingly resembles the kind of health risk that people accept every day.​

Yes confirming this was in the times this morning. They have been optimistic than most publications throughout this entire pandemic

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT