ADVERTISEMENT

Opportunity game @ Nova……

Hall91

All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
We can really give our metrics a lift with a road win against Nova. You can’t underestimate their talent level and potential match up issues down low (or up high) with Dixon. With that said, this should be seen as a winnable game and a big opportunity that hopefully we’re ready for.

Try to get to South Philly for a game where we haven’t seen the Nova faithful this unconfident in a long time.

We can really give our metrics a lift with a road win against Nova. You can’t underestimate their talent level and potential match up issues down low (or up high) with Dixon. With that said, this should be seen as a winnable game and a big opportunity that hopefully we’re ready for.

Try to get to South Philly for a game where we haven’t seen the Nova faithful this unconfident in a long time.
Play good perimeter D ,pound the ball inside and keep turn overs under 10 and we can win .

We are way overdue. That team has HAUNTED us. We’ve lost 7 consecutive games to them, not to mention the history of games between Seton Hall and Villanova going back 10+ years. Most of these losses have been in painfully close fashion at junctures when The Hall had a chance to elevate its profile. We have not beaten them since February 2020 in Philadelphia, more than 4 years ago. This is ridiculous.

While Nova is all out of sorts at a disappointing 12-11, 5-7 and having lost 6/7, their metrics are still strong given how well they played in the non-conference. They’re NET #47, KP #41. A big opportunity for a Q1 road win that we desperately need, IMO. Also another quirky part of the NET that beating a team 5-7 in your league and 6-10 since November is a boost.

Justin Moore is one of the legendary SHU Killers of all time. Not sure what’s going on with him but he hasn’t been good for a while. Which means… he's due? LMAO. Can we finally stop this madness?

Dixon is a matchup nightmare for Bediako if his 3 ball is falling… if the 3 is falling, I’m not even going to discuss EHE’s defense. Have to imagine we may see some of Tubek / NgaNga in this scenario along with the matchup zone.

Say your prayers that Dixon isn’t hitting the 3 and I like Bediako to shut him down in the post.

Dixon is a matchup nightmare for Bediako if his 3 ball is falling… if the 3 is falling, I’m not even going to discuss EHE’s defense. Have to imagine we may see some of Tubek / NgaNga in this scenario along with the matchup zone.

Say your prayers that Dixon isn’t hitting the 3 and I like Bediako to shut him down in the post.
This, well without relying on NgaNga.

They are 19th in the country in 3PA:FGA, but 229th in 3PT shooting. We have some nightmare sequences defending the 3.

Reactions: Gohall129
We need to stick with our man on D. Left too many open 3pt shooters last night with the overhelp. Nova will exploit that and burn us if we play like we did last night on defense.

We are way overdue. That team has HAUNTED us. We’ve lost 7 consecutive games to them, not to mention the history of games between Seton Hall and Villanova going back 10+ years. Most of these losses have been in painfully close fashion at junctures when The Hall had a chance to elevate its profile. We have not beaten them since February 2020 in Philadelphia, more than 4 years ago. This is ridiculous.
I was at that game. Mamu was a monster that game and the nova fans left muttering.
While Nova is all out of sorts at a disappointing 12-11, 5-7 and having lost 6/7, their metrics are still strong given how well they played in the non-conference. They’re NET #47, KP #41. A big opportunity for a Q1 road win that we desperately need, IMO. Also another quirky part of the NET that beating a team 5-7 in your league and 6-10 since November is a boost.

Justin Moore is one of the legendary SHU Killers of all time. Not sure what’s going on with him but he hasn’t been good for a while. Which means… he's due? LMAO. Can we finally stop this madness?

Reactions: Hall91
Bediako needs a big rebound game from last night. Nova is vulnerable got to get it done
Bediako is tough and I’d expect him to be locked-in after the worst performance os the season last night.

Dixon is a battering ram. I think EHE will get abused but Bediako can stand his ground and is taller than Dixon. We’ve got no answer if their center is draining 3’s, which he does, unless our streaky shooters are on to offset.

Reactions: garyshu71
Dixon is the problem for us in this game no doubt. This is where you miss having a Yetna or Ndefo type of player to match up, Could see us going smaller at times in this game with Dre or Addae Wusu covering him.

Dixon is the problem for us in this game no doubt. This is where you miss having a Yetna or Ndefo type of player to match up, Could see us going smaller at times in this game with Dre or Addae Wusu covering him.
Given our recent offensive struggles I’d hate to see us go small with Dre on Dixon having to put that defensive effort / foul trouble risk considering he’s our only consistent offensive weapon right now

I know there are Nova and they have been a stake in the heart for us but they are not very good this season. We should absolutely beat them.

Reactions: mbraue
Can't wait to go to this game. 2nd row floor with club access. One of our season tickets buddies got free tickets through his company. Should be a great time!

Dixon is great but Jaden has held his own against Kalkbrenner, Clingen, Soriano, Ousaman and Oduro. Just need to see that kind of performance.

Reactions: Piratz
I was at that game. Mamu was a monster that game and the nova fans left muttering.
Let's not forget the game at Nova during COVID in '21. We got screwed by foul call (I think someone went over the back on Shavar's miss which would have put us up - we had last possession). Nova then made one of two. On the inbounds pass, we threw it length of floor and Sandro got past his defender. If he catches pass, he goes in for layup/dunk which would have won the game. Unfortunately, it went through his hands.

And then in '22, we were up 1 with under 2 at home, and tied up with under 2 and went on to lose both games. I would agree we are due.

Reactions: Piratz
Nova is loaded with talent, big NIL got them Ware, Bomba, Burton and Hart (to KW’s everlasting regret) and yet they’re not winning. Moore clearly is not 100% but other than that you have to look at Neptune.

Nova is capable. They absolutely destroyed PC on Saturday. We have to be on top of our game to stay in it in Philly.

Nova is loaded with talent, big NIL got them Ware, Bomba, Burton and Hart (to KW’s everlasting regret) and yet they’re not winning. Moore clearly is not 100% but other than that you have to look at Neptune.

Nova is capable. They absolutely destroyed PC on Saturday. We have to be on top of our game to stay in it in Philly.
They have alot of guys with size to try to defend Khadary.

With any of these BigEast teams they all have star players. Many are matchup nightmares on some level. Even Gtown's style or the type of player they have made life difficult in both games. The idea is to make it harder for the star player to accumulate their points and shut down other guys completely. So, Dixon is going to be hard for SHU to stop completely. However, they must shut down a player that usually is a factor in the scoring column. Villanova still has very good players, so SHU has to play way better than the GTown game. The games that SHU has struggled are when Dawes and Wusu don't produce points. For me Coleman has to be more of a focal point of the offense. He's has started to progress, kind of like Rhoden the second half of his first year. The kid is capable of making plays on offense. Bediako, I believe will play better and it was just one of those nights.

Reactions: donnie_baseball
Our problem is that we are turn over prone. You can't give better teams more opportunities to score.
Play smart basketball and we can beat anyone or have a chance to win in the last minute or so.

Our problem is that we are turn over prone. You can't give better teams more opportunities to score.
Play smart basketball and we can beat anyone or have a chance to win in the last minute or so.
Field goal attempts last night were Georgetown 75, Seton Hall 58. If that’s similar Sunday we’re in trouble unless the free throw differential is gigantic in our favor.

Our biggest issue on D is that it breaks down so often. If any pg beats us off the dribble we help which leaves wings open and we go into scramble mode. keep the pg in front and we don't break down. We have got to stop the over helping. We can't bank on teams missing wide open 3s all of the time

Our biggest issue on D is that it breaks down so often. If any pg beats us off the dribble we help which leaves wings open and we go into scramble mode. keep the pg in front and we don't break down. We have got to stop the over helping. We can't bank on teams missing wide open 3s all of the time
Valid points. I think the allowed made three come with this defensive philosophy. It is just the way it is. We are now accustomed to winning while allowing 10 made threes. That was not always the case. If we could somehow get that number down to 8 or less it would be fantastic.

Nova has not shot the 3 as in past seasons. Which means they probably bomb away on us like RU. We have a chance but we have to be on point both sides of the ball.

SJU and Xavier have tough games with Marquette and Creighton. Butler playing Providence so one of them will lose. A chance to create additional space in standings.

Reactions: shupat08
We know what we’re going to get from Richmond, Davis, and Bediako. Villanova can’t hound all 3. They’ll try to bracket KR, maybe trap him and/or collapse help defense in the lane. We need Dawes and Addae-Wusu – or at least 1 – to play well offensively on the road as they are the real floor balancers. Both are slumping again.

**Dawes is only 2/16 from 3 over the past 3 games. He’s only registered an o-rating of 100+ in 1 of the past 5 games.

**Addae-Wusu is 3/16 from 3 over the past 5 games. He hasn’t posted an o-rating of 100+ since the St. John’s games, and what’s worse has been 86 or under in all 5 including that insane 0-for and 24 rating against Providence.

Nganga plays defense like he's waiting for his next bad shot.

We know what we’re going to get from Richmond, Davis, and Bediako. Villanova can’t hound all 3. They’ll try to bracket KR, maybe trap him and/or collapse help defense in the lane. We need Dawes and Addae-Wusu – or at least 1 – to play well offensively on the road as they are the real floor balancers. Both are slumping again.

**Dawes is only 2/16 from 3 over the past 3 games. He’s only registered an o-rating of 100+ in 1 of the past 5 games.

**Addae-Wusu is 3/16 from 3 over the past 5 games. He hasn’t posted an o-rating of 100+ since the St. John’s games, and what’s worse has been 86 or under in all 5 including that insane 0-for and 24 rating against Providence.
This could be part of the KR hangover…Dawes and Wusu sharing more PG duties that have a negative trickle down effect on their games.

Reactions: mbraue and Piratz
This could be part of the KR hangover…Dawes and Wusu sharing more PG duties that have a negative trickle down effect on their games.
Great point, definitely. It takes a lot of effort to handle the PG spot for guys who have other roles too.

Nganga plays defense like he's waiting for his next bad shot.
He’s got size and athleticism but looks like he’s never played organized ball before. Hoping he becomes a positive development story.

He’s got size and athleticism but looks like he’s never played organized ball before. Hoping he becomes a positive development story.

I remember one or two posters this summer referring to him as "a star on the bench"

I am still pissed at a game in 92 at CAA when Rollie started fouling us with about 3 minutes left and everyone missed fts. Terry, Leahy, Danny, the good shooters, and they snuck out an upset win. I'll get over it soon.
Those were my days in the student section. Will never forget that game.
I was also at the Pavilion around 2007 or 2008, when we had the game won and a loose ball scramble off a Nova miss turned into a corner 3 at the buzzer to beat us.

We miss layups, we turn it over. We cant hit threes and...

IMO, we muck it up and play with the intensity we have shown in our best efforts we win. We didnt shoot the three well enough to matter vs Uconn, MQ or PC #1 - the games which set the stage for the season. MQ turned us over like mad in the end. But we were tough and nasty.

And if a couple of guys can shoot the lights out, that would be nice too. But I want to see us play the way we play that makes Shaheen happy. I cant describe it but I know it when I see it.

Reactions: radecicco
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT