ADVERTISEMENT

OT: REVIS RETURNS

SnakeTom

May 29, 2001
Suddenly the AFC looks a lot tougher with Suh headed to ,Miami, McCoy to Buffalo and Revis to the Jets. Could the days of Patriot domination be nearing an end.

Tom K

That crash you just heard was the sound of Rex Ryan throwing a lamp
against a wall inside his office at One Bills Drive. If the Jets had met Revis'
demands two years ago, or even last year when he was on the market, Ryan might
still have a job in New York.

And even more important I can dig up that #24 jersey & wear it once again
!!!

Tom K

$39 million guaranteed over next 3 years. Not outlandish for the best CB in the game. The Jets had plenty of cap money to play with. Latest rumor (unsubstantiated) is Drew Brees being available. Would that first round pick (#6) be enough for an aging superstar QB.

TK

Brees is a tough one. I would say yes if the Jets were ready for a title run now. Problem is they need a lot of pieces. Brees has a few good years left.

Originally posted by Jerry1992:
Did greedy revis just wipe out your future cap? Nice player but wanted big bucks.
When you consider the punishment NFL players take to their bodies & the shortness of their careers, aren't they deserving of big bucks.

TK

Figured he wanted to win another title and could survive on $30 million. Players deserve money but some of these contracts are ridiculous. The jets need more pieces. Paying that much to one guy might make it difficult to sign others a year or two.

I don't know if I would make that deal either. Brees has maybe 2-3 years left in the NFL before retirement. He would solve the teams biggest need but if Mariotta falls to them at #6 I would see if they could build around him. But as we all know there is no guarantee with rookie QB's (see Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leath and they were all rated higher than Mariotta).

Tom K

70 million over 5 years with 3 years and 39 million guaranteed.

TK

Great get by the Jets and not for an outrageous contract.They really did well adding Carpenter the guard from Seattle and the CB Skrine from Cleveland as well, nice job by their new GM.

probably should post this on pro sports or life off the ship... not really shu basketball related... unless your reasoning is that darrell and herb pope are friends therefore this is shu related, but that's a stretch.

Originally posted by hallball95:

probably should post this on pro sports or life off the ship... not really shu basketball related... unless your reasoning is that darrell and herb pope are friends therefore this is shu related, but that's a stretch.
This is an OT post and there have been plenty of Giants and Jets OT posts previously on breaking news. There are also a posts on the Pro Sports board for those more interested in the the NFL generally.

TK

Originally posted by Jerry1992:
Did greedy revis just wipe out your future cap? Nice player but wanted big bucks.
Why is he greedy? He didn't set the market price for what he does. What would you do in his position, play for 15 million less and forget what means for your family?

Originally posted by SnakeTom:

This is an OT post and there have been plenty of Giants and Jets OT posts previously on breaking news. There are also a posts on the Pro Sports board for those more interested in the the NFL generally.

TK
just because you put OT that makes it pirate hoops related? do previous irrelevant posts make this or future ones acceptable? think it's time we keep things relevant on this board

Think my family would do fine on $55 million. The guy only cares about money. That is fine. Hope he enjoys losing football. :)

Dude, relax, ignore it if you don't want to read it. You know what it's about, is it that hard to ignore. Not many people read the other boards and the guy wants a discussion.

just because you put OT that makes it pirate hoops related? do previous irrelevant posts make this or future ones acceptable? think it's time we keep things relevant on this board
If you don't want to read it just skip over. You certainly can tell the topic by the subject line & no one is forcing you to read every thread. But since I'm the one who founded this board 17 years ago & am one of the Administrators I'll decide what is appropriate and what isn't.

Tom K

Originally posted by Shuathelete:
What about Sam Bradford > NO, Brees > NYJ, #6 > Philly?
I don't understand the Philly to St Louis trade. If you are an Eagles fan maybe you can explain the reasoning behind Chip Kelly's moves. Personally I liked Foles more than Bradford especially when considering Bradford's injury history.

Tom K

I don't understand the Philly to St Louis trade. If you are an Eagles fan maybe you can explain the reasoning behind Chip Kelly's moves. Personally I liked Foles more than Bradford especially when considering Bradford's injury history.

Tom K
I'm a Giants fan but I think he is putting together a package of players to trade up for Mariotta. That is my thought.

Tom K
No f'ing clue. Im a huge Foles fan and wanted him as our guy for the future.

One would think that we're putting something together to get mariotta, but theres also strong talks of rolling with bradford.

I have no idea, i dont like whats happening with Chip Kelly, but I have to wait it out. All my Giant buddies are smiling ear to ear.

Tom K
No f'ing clue. Im a huge Foles fan and wanted him as our guy for the future.

One would think that we're putting something together to get mariotta, but theres also strong talks of rolling with bradford.

I have no idea, i dont like whats happening with Chip Kelly, but I have to wait it out. All my Giant buddies are smiling ear to ear.
I'm a Giants fan and I too am
happy.r191677.gif
. Down here in Philly Kelly is getting killed by talk radio hosts and callers almost universally. I've heard the talk of flipping Bradford to the Jets but that doesn't change the fact that they got fleeced in this deal, and Adam Shefter (FWIW) went on the radio and said he's heard that Bradford is Kelly's "guy". In just over one year Kelly has gotten rid of Jackson and let Maclin go via FA and Foles and McCoy (for arguably less value in return). Also hearing they may be close to signing Ryan Mathews, who can't stay on the field either.

Anyone want my Frank Gore Eagles jersey? Just give me two NJIT vs Seton Hall ticket stubs and I'll send it. S&H extra.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT