ADVERTISEMENT

OT: St John's Gets Transfer

Kid is small but can really score. Sitting out a year will do wonders for him. And helps them because I think there is no chance in the world that Lovett returns for them after next season, having flirted with turning pro this year and being close to making that call (not to play in the league, but for Delgado-esque reasons).

Everyone getting players.

Recruiting is just starting, winning games is what is most important. Looking forward to next year and the future! #HALLin Look at the preseason basketball polls for this coming season, Seton Hall is in most top 20 polls.

Nice pickup for Johnnies. Not convinced Dixon will be a great Big East PG but he's a good combo guard who can score in a variety of ways. I hope we add Kiss.

Reactions: deheremike
Recruiting is just starting, winning games is what is most important. Looking forward to next year and the future! #HALLin Look at the preseason basketball polls for this coming season, Seton Hall is in most top 20 polls.

The signing period just started. I hope you're not arguing that teams across the country are just getting started signing their 2017 classes, because that would be absolutely silly. There are only 10 top 100 kids left unsigned for 2017. Only 5 guards left unsigned from Rivals top 150. It's anything but early in the 2017 recruiting process. It's the time you are supposed to be wrapping up and nabbing a good transfer to put the cap on your class... unless your Seton Hall.

If you're SHU this is the make or break month where you are in desperation mode because you have zero recruits for at least one key position and your bench is still looking mighty thin with vacancies you knew about years in advance. By mid-May Willard is either going to be a hero for pulling out the Duval signing, or we're going to spend another summer wondering who's going to play what position and whether they will be an improvement over the transfers from last year.

The recruiting battle in the Spring has become more about the transfer pool of talent then the unsigned kids in the top 150. The transfer pool gives every college staff the opportunity to get a player with some level of experience playing college BB and if it's a graduate senior a player with multi-years experience who can step right in and fill a priority need. If the player is a transfer who has to sit a year it gives you head start on filling your needs in the next recruiting cycle. The downside is that the competition for the transfer is just as intense as recruiting the HS pool of talent as the major programs look to fill a slot where a player goes pro or where their HS recruiting as fallen short.

Definitely not a great BE PG by any stretch. But will be a kid who can score the ball and stay through his senior year because of his size.

As I said in the Kiss thread a few weeks ago, I liked Dixon far more than Kiss. But there is a real for Kiss in the Big East too IMO.

Nice pickup for Johnnies. Not convinced Dixon will be a great Big East PG but he's a good combo guard who can score in a variety of ways. I hope we add Kiss.

The recruiting battle in the Spring has become more about the transfer pool of talent then the unsigned kids in the top 150. The transfer pool gives every college staff the opportunity to get a player with some level of experience playing college BB and if it's a graduate senior a player with multi-years experience who can step right in and fill a priority need. If the player is a transfer who has to sit a year it gives you head start on filling your needs in the next recruiting cycle. The downside is that the competition for the transfer is just as intense as recruiting the HS pool of talent as the major programs look to fill a slot where a player goes pro or where their HS recruiting as fallen short.

Some pro's to the transfer market. Generally transfers are not known until season ends thus no one has a time advantage. Transfers and especially grad transfers, choose teams for reasons perhaps different then high school seniors. Could be geography to play in front of friends family, could be for playing time, could be to play with a certain school or group of players, could be to join a winning team for a chance tu dance. To me this makes this different then the high school pool and evens the playing field a little bit with the more famous programs.

Is Marcus Lovett coming back for them? There was talking that he was going pro overseas and he was a 21 yr. old freshman last season.

Yes which was huge for them. Frankly I thought no chance of this happening. I posted on here all year that I thought he was going to take the money overseas because of his age and because if you followed the kids career you know that he's never stayed in one place too long (think he just turned 21 because of multiple HS transfers and sitting out a year). Bunch of people told me during the season he was as good as gone so this shocked me. Let's hope I'm proven wrong with Angel as well.

Is Marcus Lovett coming back for them? There was talking that he was going pro overseas and he was a 21 yr. old freshman last season.

I will be 100% in agreement with you when it doesn't happen.

QUOTE="Bobbie Solo, post: 400597, member: 368"]Once again, Angel isn't going anywhere.[/QUOTE]

The signing period just started. I hope you're not arguing that teams across the country are just getting started signing their 2017 classes, because that would be absolutely silly. There are only 10 top 100 kids left unsigned for 2017. Only 5 guards left unsigned from Rivals top 150. It's anything but early in the 2017 recruiting process. It's the time you are supposed to be wrapping up and nabbing a good transfer to put the cap on your class... unless your Seton Hall.

If you're SHU this is the make or break month where you are in desperation mode because you have zero recruits for at least one key position and your bench is still looking mighty thin with vacancies you knew about years in advance. By mid-May Willard is either going to be a hero for pulling out the Duval signing, or we're going to spend another summer wondering who's going to play what position and whether they will be an improvement over the transfers from last year.
I hate the fact that the staff can't get a pg, but I also feel very good on our chances with Duval. But 3 scholarships opened up in the middle of the season, a fourth opened up after the season. Before the season started we had 1 scholarship to give and that was taken up by Cale. I know there are always transfers but until January or so there were no scholarships to give. Carter opened up and Brodie took it so now we have 3 scholarships. Think you want Duval, a grad transfer which is most likely a pg and a big man. I get it though it still sucks it's April and we are running around for players, especially of.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT