ADVERTISEMENT

our bench

IronKaz1

All World
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2004
Whatever goes on with our starting lineup, I feel like we do have a nice solid 2nd unit to come in, Walker, Cale, Sandro, Gordon... not so bad for the 2nd unit

Reactions: Seton75
talented but young and inexperienced... I would feel so much more comfortable if we could add one more impact piece whether it's Thorpe or a C such as Coleby...At that point, I would consider us a very deep team that could use it to our advantage by doing some different things on defense, while also being able to deal with a possible injury better.

Biggest question (obviously) is still who gets the minutes at the 5 under the assumption AD is not back? Given the OP seems he's banking on Ish/Nzei and I'm just not sure there is enough offense there for major minutes from both of them at the same time.

Whatever goes on with our starting lineup, I feel like we do have a nice solid 2nd unit to come in, Walker, Cale, Sandro, Gordon... not so bad for the 2nd unit
All question marks. Its always nice to have experience coming off the bench.

It' s not ideal by any stretch of the imagination and I know KW worries about defensive match-ups more than offensive ones but if say someone like Mamu can't play the five and assuming that Gill isn't ready yet to play major minutes I would go small at center and play Ish or Nzei there. And if I did that I would not have the other player start at the 4. We cannot afford to play with two offensively challenged big men on the floor at the same time for long stretches .

;

Reactions: deheremike
There are obvious huge questions marks with this team right now.
- Can KC play pg? A pg position that will be harder position to play compared to last year, because we don't have Angel to draw a double team and start the offense sometimes through him.
-Can MP and Desi be better than last year (which was pretty good) while receiving more attention from defenses?
-Do we have anybody that can guard the 5 spot?
-Can we afford to go with Ish and Nzei offensively?
-Can we afford to NOT go with Ish and Nzei defensively and rebounding wise?
-To what extent can our freshman contribute this year?

Reactions: dcPirate
We've always had dead weight at the end of the bench that couldnt contribute a thing. Hopefully thats different this year.

Lots of youth and inexperience off the bench with Walker, Cale, and Sandro, but big time talent.

We've always had dead weight at the end of the bench that couldnt contribute a thing. Hopefully thats different this year.
not exactly unique to most programs.... but i do feel it can be different this year. not all at one time of course, but maybe one of them per game is enough to affect the outcome.

This is what I mean when I note to choose your words carefully when posting.

How would you feel as a parent having someone on a message board call your son dead weight? End of bench players would be adequate enough to make your point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT