ADVERTISEMENT

Private Security

For the life of me, I have no idea what the draw is to get rid of police. Just a knee jerk reaction. We need people to lead. Hopefully the mayor will be able to do it.

For the life of me, I have no idea what the draw is to get rid of police. Just a knee jerk reaction. We need people to lead. Hopefully the mayor will be able to do it.
Everyone gets a trophy generation is brainwashed. It’s beyond a knee jerk reaction. Uneducated would be putting it nice. Killings are up and nobody cares. Only black lives that matter are the ones killed by cops. People are going to protect themselves. We’re going to get to the point vigilantes are going to be putting bodies in the local rivers. Until something happens to a family member of a prominent politician, I don’t see politicians acting.

New York City is toast.

With stay/work at home commercial real estate will tank. Residents will flee in droves for safety. Broadway is closed until the end of the year. Restaurants are closed. Museums are closed. I haven't looked at any hard hotel data but I gotta think that's down to near zero.

As the police force gets decimated crime will soar.

My guess is within 12 to 18 months it's going to look like Detroit or perhaps like scenes from The Omega Man.

Sad.

New York City is toast.

With stay/work at home commercial real estate will tank. Residents will flee in droves for safety. Broadway is closed until the end of the year. Restaurants are closed. Museums are closed. I haven't looked at any hard hotel data but I gotta think that's down to near zero.

As the police force gets decimated crime will soar.

My guess is within 12 to 18 months it's going to look like Detroit or perhaps like scenes from The Omega Man.

Sad.
Your extreme view is not going to happen to NYC I wonder how DeBlasio cut that number. So he cut the Police academy class in July which was probably going to get skipped. That’s a big savings. But the next class will come in another 6 months or so.

I think DeBlasio more or less shifted money around without harming the NYPD. We shall see

Probably somewhere in the middle. I have already heard Broadway will get pushed back even further. Restaurants and tourism are going to take a beating. I think we underestimate the volume of international travel coming into the city that has stopped and will take time to recover. If crime statistics continue to go up like they have been it will create even more challenges. This looks like a 3 to 5 year hangover from Covid and what happens if there is another pandemic in the next 1 to 3 years?

Reactions: thehall07
Your extreme view is not going to happen to NYC I wonder how DeBlasio cut that number. So he cut the Police academy class in July which was probably going to get skipped. That’s a big savings. But the next class will come in another 6 months or so.

I think DeBlasio more or less shifted money around without harming the NYPD. We shall see

I agree that view is a little extreme for the entire city, but not for the poorer sections who need the police. Where the big money is, the police will be there. I have no doubts the area where people like Anderson Cooper live will be well protected. Where the big money isn't, the police will not be. Who will that impact the most, the people Black Lives Matter claim to be speaking up for. In my opinion, that's beyond bad, that's terrible. I think in the end, it will be safe to get from Broadway to Penn Stattion, but there will be inner city areas that need the protection and won't get it. I do not consider myself a very frequent visitor to the city. I take the train in on average twice a month to go see clients. I can't say I've ever felt unsafe going between Penn Station and Columbus Circle, however I will say there is more activity that you would prefer not to see over the last few years.

Then there is another problem with policing right now. Right now everyone is telling police what they can't do. Nobody is telling them what they can do. That makes it very difficult to do your job. Someone needs to step up and say when it comes to policing this is what we want instead of this is what we don't want.

Yeah, it's no surprise there's debate around police reform. It's a hot topic these days. Reminds me of a discussion I had with my neighbor after a break-in scare. We decided to beef up our home security with a Vivint.com system. It's not about abolishing the police but about feeling safer in uncertain times.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT