ADVERTISEMENT

Regarding SHU Men's hoops: In Sha, We Trust

bigraym

All Big East
Gold Member
Apr 14, 2006
Hey, we have all had at least a bit of doubt about both this year's and last year's teams and overall philosophy and plan. However, watching what has transpired in 2023-24 season, from OOC schedule to Big East schedule, I will no longer EVER doubt our beloved alum and Head Coach, Shaheen Holloway!

- He says we have the best backcourt in the Big East, well we do.
- We were all complaining about our lack of bench, and presto, yesterday our bench was a main contributor in a Top 10 victory.
- Shaheen credited the crowd in his post game interview, I applaud those at the game and even at home for the SHU spirit and emotion they laid on the line yesterday. Great job by the "sixth man".
- Defense wins games, and as Sha has noted, even in those game where the offense is not up to current standard, defense keeps you in the game. Defense is about desire, effort and relentlessness. Sha teaches these characteristics.
- Rebounding also falls into same category as defense, desire, effort and relentlessness, and team has surprised the hell out of me in this regard.
- Al-Amir Dawes is a leader of the SHU team, please all embrace him as what he is: a team leader, an offensive force and an exceptional free throw shooter, I wouldn't want any other shooter in the Free Throw Line with game on the line.
- There is still much work and improvement to be made, but let's take a minute to relish the situation we, as SHU fans and alum, now enjoy!

Bravo, Shaheen Holloway, we applaud you as you represent us and our school.

Additionally, HallDan, best wishes with your surgery and recovery, we need our lead fan to make this fantastic season even better! Go Seton Hall Pirates!

Good post.

This is exactly why all of us need to keep our emotions and keystrokes in check. As i mentioned in an old post, half of our posters want to fire the coach after every bad loss, and give a lifetime contract after every big win. I suggest we all wait until the end of the season to provide a fair and balanced assessment of Sha.

From my perspective, I saw enough last year to make me think that Sha is the right man for the job. I thought our kids played hard and brought it defensively last year. I was, obviously very concerned after the Rutgers game a few weeks ago, but saw it more as a player issue than a Sha issue.

Anyway, based on the effort so far and the results, it seems evident that Sha does not necessarily need a war chest to get players that fit his system. With that said, all my donations going forward will be for NIL (i was very slow to get on board with this), with the hope that Sha can get his kinds of players and retain and develop them.

Totally correct by taking a step back and looking at things.

You see the team with their effort and execution slowly coming together in Year 2 of Coach Sha. Regardless of the rest of the season we're seeing considerable progress. Thinking about last year and this year we're witnessing Sha not just build a team.

He's building an identity or image but really a PROGRAM for Seton Hall HIS way

In Sha We Trust

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT