ADVERTISEMENT

Sanders Gone

stipe65

Freshman
Dec 6, 2016
I said it all year he would go. 5 man rotation, no real run for underclass man. Some will say no loss. I say he wil do well wherever he goes

I said it all year he would go. 5 man rotation, no real run for underclass man. Some will say no loss. I say he wil do well wherever he goes
From New York State player of the year to Burger King Eater of the year! Have another cheese burger Jaquan and say goodbye to the open 2G spot!

From New York State player of the year to Burger King Eater of the year! Have another cheese burger Jaquan and say goodbye to the open 2G spot!
Said it before will say it again, those awards are not what they once were and lots of agendas! He wasn’t even the best player on his team !!

Personally I hope he sticks around, been watching the game long enough to know some guys develop in a big way as Juniors and Seniors. Thought he was a decent player with an upside.
agree SHallguy2 , hate to see both he and EHE leave after learning of Sha's expectations and process. Some are truly late bloomers. continuity and depth in a NIL world are key to success for a team like ours. Never gonna have significant Nil and a revolving door of MacDonald"s all stars

i can see sanders as a guy sha encouraged to leave, hes all about defense and sanders just isnt going to cut it

Why would anyone buy a player’s team jersey? You are only gonna get one year out of it.
NCAA has ruined College sports.
After being a Pirate season ticket holder for 30 years it is getting really hard to root for this team…or any other.
No, Ed O'Bannon and the lawyers who filed the antitrust suit against the NCAA and the lawyers who continue to insist on free agency for these amateur athletes have created this mess IMO. NCAA is a paper tiger now. Even lost on its attempt to have players sit out a year before transferring.

Not the worst thing. He could shoot the 3 ball but didn't do anything else that well. He's probably better suited at a mid major, low D1 school. Wish him luck

No, Ed O'Bannon and the lawyers who filed the antitrust suit against the NCAA and the lawyers who continue to insist on free agency for these amateur athletes have created this mess IMO. NCAA is a paper tiger now. Even lost on its attempt to have players sit out a year before transferring.

It's amazing that people still think this is the NCAAs doing, not understanding that it was the court system that created this.

Totally agree. I’m sure we would take the “former” NCAA with its oversight and regulations from years past instead of the stripped down version the courts have created with no say in a lot of things. Except for the tourney selection process-they are still as horrible as ever with that one!

Reactions: shupat08 and SPK145
Don't know whether it was here or on another Sanders post, but I don't think being "recruited-over" is as big a deal for players as it is for pundits here. It is a matter of course for most first and second year players.

It's amazing that people still think this is the NCAAs doing, not understanding that it was the court system that created this.
I know, it's frustrating when I hear folks blame the NCAA. The NCAA has been in handcuffs for some time now because of this antitrust free-for-all. Free for everyone but the fans. We now have to pay for this absurdity.

Will be thankful to him for his great play in the NIT and that’s how I’ll remember him.. Could have been better on D and been in better shape, but he always played smart. Rarely did I see him make a play that was bad bball IQ. Still think he could have played slightly bigger role on this team (if not for anything but to keep some of our first 6-7 fresher) throughout the year if he was given the latitude to grow, especially early on. Such is a season and such is the reality of college ball to where we are now. Good luck to him!

Reactions: hallball
That was coming a mile away, the O'Bannon case started in 2009. The NCAA was making 80 million dollars a year for their NCAA Football game alone literally selling a video game with every college athlete listed with numbers just did not have their names (this does not count the amount of money they were making off the NCAA basketball). They got so greedy beyond TV rights that it kicked off the case that led to NIL.

They were making money hand over fist taking advantage of these players likeness. The conversation around paying athletes has been going on for decades. They put their head in the sand and allowed it go through a legal process instead of innovating or being the leaders in this transformation of college sports they know was coming. But they do not care about the quality of the sports or making a difference when they make billions off of TV rights while operating as a non-profit which is just comical. You cannot get mad at the legal system for properly applying the law, the NCAA has been an abject failure other that at making money for themselves.

Reactions: Halldan1
That was coming a mile away, the O'Bannon case started in 2009. The NCAA was making 80 million dollars a year for their NCAA Football game alone literally selling a video game with every college athlete listed with numbers just did not have their names (this does not count the amount of money they were making off the NCAA basketball). They got so greedy beyond TV rights that it kicked off the case that led to NIL.

They were making money hand over fist taking advantage of these players likeness. The conversation around paying athletes has been going on for decades. They put their head in the sand and allowed it go through a legal process instead of innovating or being the leaders in this transformation of college sports they know was coming. But they do not care about the quality of the sports or making a difference when they make billions off of TV rights while operating as a non-profit which is just comical. You cannot get mad at the legal system for properly applying the law, the NCAA has been an abject failure other that at making money for themselves.
The NCAA is made up of its member institutions. Those institutions or the most powerful conferences made up of those institutions could/should have taken a more enlightened approach. They didn’t but they hide their individual responsibility under the banner of the NCAA.

Can you imagine having the audacity to refuse the players the ability to profit off their own name, image and likeness while using those player's names, images and likeness for profit?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT