ADVERTISEMENT

Sandro M - official visit

Really pleased on this news. Obviously I've never seen this kid, but I've heard some good things from people who have about him as a player.

This is BIG TIME news for us.

I thought imthis was a pipe dream ever since I heard our connection to him.

If we can reel him in WOW.

Just watched his highlight video. I love that he played American high school ball which "proves" (for lack of a better word) that he can hold his own against legit competition.

Give me Sandro M or give me death.

Getting Sandro would be huge! In my ideal world, I would like to get Sandro plus a graduate transfer center who would contribute.

He definitely looks like a stretch four. I don't think you can't really cover him with a wing player. The defense will have to bring a big man out away from the basket on him.

This is absolutely huge if we get him! I said it a while back this kid is going to explode big time. My favorite big and we are definitely in it.

I really didn't think we had a serious chance at this kid but the timing of this visit tells me otherwise. A lot of big-time competition for him. Would be a massive addition. If Shaheen has any favors he can call in from Kevin Boyle, now is the time.

Last edited:
I saw him in February at Kean when Montverde walloped Linden. Didn't know anything about him before, mistakenly thought he might be a fill-in since word was that all of Montverde didn't make the trip (e.g., their 6'9" forward Mobley wasn't there), so didn't watch him closely in the beginning. Came away thinking he played real well, had a great game for a "fill-in", efficient, a low-mistakes team player, seemed like he got about 3 - 4 dunks and Linden couldn't rattle him, like they often do with bigs. Billmeier was there.

Kid could be an absolute match-up nightmare for anyone. Very impressed with his level of comfort outside of the post on offense.

Reactions: HazardZet
What country is this kid from? Do we have any former players from his country that could help with the recruitment

What country is this kid from? Do we have any former players from his country that could help with the recruitment

If I'm not mistaken, he's from Georgia (the country). Don't know of any players from there besides him

NYC has Georgian religious, cultural and restaurant activities. Republic of Georgia is also part of United Nations. although from different country, Auda took advantage of all that Seton Hall offered, including international business courses..

Reactions: shupat08
Auda and him seem like similar players too.

Try to sell him on "we've had an inside out 4 who can pass dribble and shoot. We know how to use you."

Maybe get Auda to skype in during the OV. Discuss NYC, international business program, etc.

Reactions: mjs428
Auda and him seem like similar players too.

Try to sell him on "we've had an inside out 4 who can pass dribble and shoot. We know how to use you."

Maybe get Auda to skype in during the OV. Discuss NYC, international business program, etc.
Problem was the staff didn't know how to use Auda, and honestly not sure this kid cares about the business program... he's 100% basketball

Thing I love about this player, is that he has had time to get acclimated to the speed and athletic level of American Basketball. He shouldn't have much of an issue transitioning to the Big East Level. I'm not expecting him to be a stud, but he can be serviceable for a year while developing. He has big time potential

Thing I love about this player, is that he has had time to get acclimated to the speed and athletic level of American Basketball. He shouldn't have much of an issue transitioning to the Big East Level. I'm not expecting him to be a stud, but he can be serviceable for a year while developing. He has big time potential

Watched Montverde in that Dicks Chanpionship thing one afternoon. Saw the kid hit 2 threes in a row like he was shooting from 5 feet away. Good passing from him too. Seemed passive under the basket though.

Watched Montverde in that Dicks Chanpionship thing one afternoon. Saw the kid hit 2 threes in a row like he was shooting from 5 feet away. Good passing from him too. Seemed passive under the basket though.
He's got a good jumper, he passes well and has great handle for a 7 footer. But you can't kid yourself, he isn't a 5, right not he's not even a 4. But he's a matchup problem on offense. If he came here you hope that in his second year he could play some more 4 defensively, and try to develop a post game a little more where he could be even more of a matchup nightmare

Reactions: SPK145 and shupat08
Lot of big time programs have offered such as Gonzaga, Louisville, Maryland, Miami, Vandy , Pitt and a couple of others. The thing about this player is that there is a considerable upside to him and he could give us minutes this coming season and start as a sophomore when Ish and Angel are no longer here.

Last edited:
He's got a good jumper, he passes well and has great handle for a 7 footer. But you can't kid yourself, he isn't a 5, right not he's not even a 4. But he's a matchup problem on offense. If he came here you hope that in his second year he could play some more 4 defensively, and try to develop a post game a little more where he could be even more of a matchup nightmare

Theoretically with Angel, Ish, Mike and Brodie during his Frosh year and Mike and Brodie during his Soph year. He'd be weened into the 4 spot. Wouldnt have to start or at least play the majority of minutes at the 4 until his Junior year after Mike is gone.

Gotta wonder if Trevon is helping with the recruiting for him to the Hall?

I stated that in another post that he might be able to help with his recruitment since they are both in top basketball schools in Florida. Would be huge!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT