ADVERTISEMENT

Sandro M - official visit

Duval, Sandro and Cale would be one hell of a recruiting class. This is so close to getting this program going. Get it done Willard.

This is the type of recruiting class that can be followed by another monster 2018 class. Lets go Hall.

He also has family in NYC.
I heard about this early on when it was first reported that The Hall was recruiting him. As someone noted above, there is a Georgian cultural/social infrastructure in the NYC area. Can only help.

Duval, Sandro and Cale would be one hell of a recruiting class. This is so close to getting this program going. Get it done Willard.

This is the type of recruiting class that can be followed by another monster 2018 class. Lets go Hall.

31-abide-able-big-lebowski-animated-gifs-image-2.gif

Forget all the " leaning toward's , SH is working the hardest , and all the other similar adjectives " and get his signature on a LOI as it could be another plus in our efforts to sign Duval.

Offer the kid and promise the kid whatever we legally can....

I almost cant believe this is Seton Hall basketball we are talking about. Wow this will be unreal for a program if we can get sandro + duval and add that with Cale

Reactions: shupat08
I really want Sandro. He will create matchup problems. But, I don't expect him to be much of a rebounder from the beginning. The year playing against Delgado in practice should help him a lot.

I would like to sign Sandro, TD and than get another big who can come in contribute positive minutes (probably a grad transfer). From what little I know, I am not sold on taking the Marfo who needs to sit out a year.

Really like Sandro's game, will contribute as a freshman. Not a starter or major minutes but his skillset lends itself to matchup problems in a variety of situations.

Really like Sandro's game, will contribute as a freshman. Not a starter or major minutes but his skillset lends itself to matchup problems in a variety of situations.

Offensively, you would have to think we would be so much better when he's in there.

Defenses completely ignored Ish and clogged the lane.
Sandro just being able to command a player to be within 5 feet of him opens up the driving lanes and allows Angel so much more room to operate.

Reactions: its haLL baLL
I think Sandro would really compliment what Angel, Ish, and Nzei do. I'd be shocked if he couldn't give us 15-20 solid mins. Then I would look for him to take a step forward in his Soph year and take a bigger role.
My only issue would be defensively in the Big East with him. Not sure he can defend the prototypical 4 not sure if he can keep with a proto WF. But he's a matchup nightmare offensively. Depending on how he does defensively will determine if he gets 10 minutes or 20. But I'd think you would like to see by his soph year him being a big rotation player. If his defense is good he can be special

Reactions: shupat08
I actually saw some shot blocking in his videos which is something we really really lack......

He's not a stud at anything, studs are players like Duval and where Delgado got himself to be, that puts way too much expectation on him but he's a pretty good, useful player

My only issue would be defensively in the Big East with him. Not sure he can defend the prototypical 4 not sure if he can keep with a proto WF. But he's a matchup nightmare offensively. Depending on how he does defensively will determine if he gets 10 minutes or 20. But I'd think you would like to see by his soph year him being a big rotation player. If his defense is good he can be special
It's called options. :D:D:D

The Hall has very few players who are stars on both sides of the court. Add an offensive threat to what Ish and Nzei can give us at the 4 and you give Willard a versatile roster.

He's not a stud at anything, studs are players like Duval and where Delgado got himself to be, that puts way too much expectation on him but he's a pretty good, useful player

I agree Steve, not a stud but a very nice player who can contribute to the rotation day 1 then hehas the talent to become a legit starter and foundation piece for the team down the road.

Reactions: Halldan1
Hard to fully evaluate his defense because Boyle played so much zone, at least in the 3 full games I watched in the Dick's National Championship series. He played the 5 and the 4 at different times.

Offensively, Montverde didn't use their bigs as post options because they have 2 amazing 5-star slashers who they want to keep the lanes open for. Most of Sandro's points come on drive and kicks to him near the basket (where he is an excellent finisher) and offensive rebounds. He also spends time on the perimeter setting screens ( very good screener for HS kid), making good passes and popping open for 3s.

He mostly played the middle '5 spot' of the 2-3 zone. He moves pretty well laterally and challenges shots. I think he is a solid rebounder and active defender with ability to greatly improve at both.

He will get regular minutes as a Freshman because of his offense but I also think he can hold his own as a defender and rebounder. His combination of length and agility alone will help though he will struggle with the more physical inside players as most freshman do. His ability at 6'10 230 is the best we've ever had, up to him and the staff to develop it and use it properly. If Duval comes I think he would get him a lot of points on drive and dishes and alley-oops and think they would form a great pick and roll, pick and pop duo.

Hard to fully evaluate his defense because Boyle played so much zone, at least in the 3 full games I watched in the Dick's National Championship series. He played the 5 and the 4 at different times.

Offensively, Montverde didn't use their bigs as post options because they have 2 amazing 5-star slashers who they want to keep the lanes open for. Most of Sandro's points come on drive and kicks to him near the basket (where he is an excellent finisher) and offensive rebounds. He also spends time on the perimeter setting screens ( very good screener for HS kid), making good passes and popping open for 3s.

He mostly played the middle '5 spot' of the 2-3 zone. He moves pretty well laterally and challenges shots. I think he is a solid rebounder and active defender with ability to greatly improve at both.

He will get regular minutes as a Freshman because of his offense but I also think he can hold his own as a defender and rebounder. His combination of length and agility alone will help though he will struggle with the more physical inside players as most freshman do. His ability at 6'10 230 is the best we've ever had, up to him and the staff to develop it and use it properly. If Duval comes I think he would get him a lot of points on drive and dishes and alley-oops and think they would form a great pick and roll, pick and pop duo.

Thank you for your input Fishjam. You really spend a lot of time looking at these recruits' game.

I would be very happy if he contributed 10-15 mins per game and was not that much of a defensive liability his freshman year. (He may need to play the 4 on defense and let Ish or Nzei guard the 5 at times). But, even more important than his contribution, his signing would bring momemtum and energy to Seton Hall recruiting. It will show TD and other recruits we have another big that has offensive talents. Plus, we will be in a much better position after the seniors graduate.

Sandro can be the start of a good spring. After that, I would like TD. Than, a graduate transfer Center. I would have like Juiston also, but it does not look like he is coming our way. (I know I ask for a lot).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT