ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall Sports Poll

I'd describe it as frightening. Broad public support for both NIL and pay for play confirms the end of college sports as we know it. How did we let it get to this point?

Reactions: SHUsez and RLNJ13
The Iowa/WVU game drew more viewers last night than any men's NCAA game that has been on cable. I think an Iowa-South Carolina final might outdraw the men's final. (depending on teams).

Reactions: piratesbball08
I'd describe it as frightening. Broad public support for NIL and pay for play confirms the end of college sports as we know it. How did we let it get to this point?
Pro sports have always been more popular than college sports in the Northeast.

The womens tournament is 100% rigged to put Iowa and LSU in the final. at the very least Iowa. and its not even a debate, its fact. Clarke makes too much money for the womens and gets too many eyes to not have her int he final. Look at how the refs are calling these games. and everyone is OK with it.

The problem? if thats the intent of the NCAA for the womens , its surely the intent for the mens. hence the teams that make it, the whistle disparity, coverage etc. This is full WWE entertainment focused on money and tv deals. And its much easier to manipulate.

the magic is done and it might honestly be impossible for Seton Hall to compete or make the tournament whent he guaranteed bid is so hard to get in the big east. its why nobody can dispell the rumors of sha and lousiville. SHU isnt just a hard job, it might actually be impossible

I'd describe it as frightening. Broad public support for both NIL and pay for play confirms the end of college sports as we know it. How did we let it get to this point?
Money, money, money. It blew up to such epic proportions it changed the notion of “student athlete” as the scholarship wasn’t sufficient to the revenues they were creating. Court system agreed. NCAA lacked any leadership to create a way to keep it harmonious and destroyed the sport to save themselves. Pathetic.

The money is insane. But it’s out there. Millions upon millions clearly available even outside the NCAA’s/conference revenue. So whatever. But this transferring thing, why in the world did this need to happen?

Reactions: Section112
There are still plenty of traditional college sports/athletes. You can easily attend and support their bball games in the winter or tailgate before a Saturday football game in the fall. They’re division 2 and 3 sports. Where I live they’re everywhere and they’re pretty much untainted by the things you describe as ”frightening”.

Reactions: SPK145
This is now pro sports. Let's cut the charade and just have players who suit up for colleges, but who are not students. No scholarships, no cost of attendance. Just pure pay for play.
The womens tournament is 100% rigged to put Iowa and LSU in the final. at the very least Iowa. and its not even a debate, its fact. Clarke makes too much money for the womens and gets too many eyes to not have her int he final. Look at how the refs are calling these games. and everyone is OK with it.

The problem? if thats the intent of the NCAA for the womens , its surely the intent for the mens. hence the teams that make it, the whistle disparity, coverage etc. This is full WWE entertainment focused on money and tv deals. And its much easier to manipulate.

the magic is done and it might honestly be impossible for Seton Hall to compete or make the tournament whent he guaranteed bid is so hard to get in the big east. its why nobody can dispell the rumors of sha and lousiville. SHU isnt just a hard job, it might actually be impossible
They rigged it by putting them in the same region? Great rant, but you have to know LSU and Iowa are in the same region.

No one told WV to fold last night. They showed Caitlan the best defense she has seen.

FOX built her up all season and she delivered and the promos worked.

No one told WV to fold last night. They showed Caitlan the best defense she has seen.

FOX built her up all season and she delivered and the promos worked.

WVU was very physical with her to try and get her frustrated and they did a decent job with that. They weren't nearly as aggressive on offense and shot more 3's than 2's. That's why there was a foul disparity.

Reactions: Seton75
The Iowa/WVU game drew more viewers last night than any men's NCAA game that has been on cable. I think an Iowa-South Carolina final might outdraw the men's final. (depending on teams).
Not true…

Iowa/ WVU had 4.9 Million

UNC/Michigan state had 10.02 million

I used to watch the Uconn women a lot a few years ago. And now the Caitlin craze has drawn me in. Thought she was a little too unselfish last night and her passing was off. I fear the hoopla over her is gonna be a problem when she gets on the court with South Carolina.

Reactions: Merge
I watch a decent amount of women's basketball now mainly because of Caitlin Clark's performances against Louisville in the regional final & South Carolina in the Final Four last year. I had zero interest before but I have not seen anyone like her in a very long time. She is a great ambassador for the game.

I used to watch the Uconn women a lot a few years ago. And now the Caitlin craze has drawn me in. Thought she was a little too unselfish last night and her passing was off. I fear the hoopla over her is gonna be a problem when she gets on the court with South Carolina.

They have a rough path to get there. LSU and UCLA both have much better front courts and then there is likely USC or UConn. Going to be some great games on that side of the bracket for sure though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT