ADVERTISEMENT

Shinola X Seton Hall X Onward Setonia

Hallisthebest

All Big East
Mar 3, 2003
How amazing is this collaboration!! Shinola's story is amazing, jobs based in Detroit, great watches and so cool to see them partner with us! I just ordered 3! Can’t wait to get them! Hope we hit the minimum!

This is a pre-sale with a minimum quantity reserve to execute. Sales will close October 1st. If the sale is successful, the watches will built with a projected Big East Tournament delivery date. If the reserve it not met, each purchase will be fully refunded. This an unique partnership with an iconic American Brand. This partnership is delivering a limited edition custom watch and a commemorative box for zero price increase over their normal retail pricing. All sales benefit Onward Setonia.

Link to Order!!!

Pirate Nation, it is time to show your pride. Onward Setonia partnered with the iconic American Brand, Shinola, to launch this unique opportunity to own a piece of American craftsmanship in a Pirate Blue design.

Please be aware this is a pre-sale with a minimum reserve of sales that ,must be met to execute. If minimums are not met, we will notify and refund. This pre-sale ends OCT 1.

Shinola has agreed to provide Onward Setonia a percentage of sales and created a custom box and dial for no additional charge. Only two other schools have been offered this opportunity.

Link to Watches: Timeless Pirates

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
Very cool! Out of curiosity, anyone know what material the strap will be? Canvas, rubber, leather, etc?

SetonHall_F2.jpg

They are sharp watches and as SPK said an amazing price for a Shinola watch.

From Mike McBride......

Thank you Dan!

Currently, we have watches, summer shore event, MDF Pirate heads, and the wine glasses out to the public to consider. Thanks for the continued support from the board.

We will have a few more items pop up in the upcoming weeks, including some great/fun gear and events. I will keep you posted for the fans.

From Mike McBride......

Thank you Dan!

Currently, we have watches, summer shore event, MDF Pirate heads, and the wine glasses out to the public to consider. Thanks for the continued support from the board.

We will have a few more items pop up in the upcoming weeks, including some great/fun gear and events. I will keep you posted for the fans.
Having an open practice with some kind of donation amount I think would be a sell out at Walsh and a good fund raiser .

NIL is such a mystery. I would consider most of us here extremely dialed in fans and I still struggle to wrap my head around NIL. However, I *think* an event like that wouldn’t be permissible. You’re paying to watch them play.

You can pay for a meet and greet but once they pick up a ball that’s where they draw the line.

If you recall last year Knight Society hosted a fan fest event (similar to a midnight madness - dunk contest, 3 point contest, etc.) and in the last minute they had to cancel all the basketball activities due to NIL rules.

NIL is such a mystery. I would consider most of us here extremely dialed in fans and I still struggle to wrap my head around NIL. However, I *think* an event like that wouldn’t be permissible. You’re paying to watch them play.

You can pay for a meet and greet but once they pick up a ball that’s where they draw the line.

If you recall last year Knight Society hosted a fan fest event (similar to a midnight madness - dunk contest, 3 point contest, etc.) and in the last minute they had to cancel all the basketball activities due to NIL rules.
Rutgers also has billboards over state borders stating jersey is rutgers country. first thing you see. they are having a big push with this kind of stuff.

Perfect example of how NIL is confusing...paying players $1M to promote/advertise the tournament and sponsors is not okay, but paying players $1M to promote and advertise for alumni owned businesses is okay.

Perfect example of how NIL is confusing...paying players $1M to promote/advertise the tournament and sponsors is not okay, but paying players $1M to promote and advertise for alumni owned businesses is okay.
Yup. Or paying NIL for "fake" advertising, which is what's happening with most of these deals. Or better yet trying to convince donors to pay NIL because the kids will do charity work, which is the most cringe aspect of all of it.

I have an unhealthy obsession with college basketball and most NIL arrangements still makes no sense to me. I don't know how the casual fan could even begin to comprehend this stuff. I sympathize with McBride and Sha because trying to explain this to the Hanks of the world probably sounds like you're selling them a bag of goods.

Hypothetical conversation...

McBride: "This is NIL. We can't pay Kadary directly, but with your support we can partner with a watch company, and he will get a cut of every sale thru our NIL program."

Booster: "Oh, does the watch face have Kadary's signature, or image on it?"

McBride: "No, the watch has absolutely nothing to do with Kadary Richmond's name, image or likeness."

Great post! These are great quality watches especially with our logo. FYI The bookstore sells an off brand one that has inverse Pirate logo colors for $350, I mean this is a way superior product and going toward NIL!

Reactions: mbraue and Halldan1

I know the golf head covers were limited but is there any chance they will get more later on since it sold out so quickly. Couldn't get one because I didn't see it until after work.

Ordered as well, with credit card charged.

Since there are three weeks left in the preorder, could we get an update on how close, percentage wise, we are to hitting the target to start the buildout in October.

It would be wonderful if the first wave could be delivered around New Years!

I do not have exact numbers but we have a ways to go with 3 weeks until this ends.

This is a great buy. Hopefully more take advantage.

Reactions: SetonHallPirates
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT